Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th July 2016, 10:14   #1
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts
Default Live feed camera.

I'm looking for help for a live feed cctv system.
We have a bunny who sometimee suffers from statis. (Gut problem)
I have all the medicine etc to treat him when he suffers from it.
This is fine when we're at home to keep an eye on them all & can spot the early sign a however when we're away on holiday we have family who come feed them but as no one is around as much we'd like to be able to check in on them & if we feel he is I'll we can contact family to come get him & give him his medicine.

Anyone use such a system or have done in the past?
Old 5th July 2016, 12:20   #2
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

CCTV to your phone is not difficult. (im a CCTV Installer by trade)

Two ways to do it, either with an I.P camera or a standard analogue camera with a network recorder.

You can get a decent I.P cam for about £70, probably a lot less on Ebay but I couldn't swear to how well they would work.

You register the camera on a free DDNS server that the manufacturer provides, download an App to your phone and that's it.
neilb740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2016, 15:16   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

I have a permanently on IP camera, which I bought from Aldi or Lidl around three years ago and it has been on and working ever since then. It cost £52, but it was their last one, so I got it for £42. It can connect to the router via Wifi or cable and is accessible to any PC on my LAN, or when I'm away from home I can still access it via mobile broadband or my phone. I can remotely move it up/down, left/right, it has a facility to email me, with any still photos where it has seen a certain level of movement in the frame; it is very sensitive to IR, and has a ring of IR LED's around the lens. I have it mounted in a first floor window looking out, so I have the LED's turned off. On the PC it shows as a web page, with the image on screen and the controls below. It has 3x preset stored views on buttons, but you can rotate it to point in most any direction around 320 deg horizontal, around 90 deg vertical.

I mostly use it to watch for the Postie, to keep the dogs in when due, or watch for the arrival of friends etc..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 5th July 2016 at 15:44..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2016, 17:25   #4
wullie480
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilb740 View Post
CCTV to your phone is not difficult. (im a CCTV Installer by trade)

Two ways to do it, either with an I.P camera or a standard analogue camera with a network recorder.

You can get a decent I.P cam for about £70, probably a lot less on Ebay but I couldn't swear to how well they would work.

You register the camera on a free DDNS server that the manufacturer provides, download an App to your phone and that's it.
I'd be happy with something like that, Sounds like what I'm after do you have any links or models that are best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I have a permanently on IP camera, which I bought from Aldi or Lidl around three years ago and it has been on and working ever since then. It cost £52, but it was their last one, so I got it for £42. It can connect to the router via Wifi or cable and is accessible to any PC on my LAN, or when I'm away from home I can still access it via mobile broadband or my phone. I can remotely move it up/down, left/right, it has a facility to email me, with any still photos where it has seen a certain level of movement in the frame; it is very sensitive to IR, and has a ring of IR LED's around the lens. I have it mounted in a first floor window looking out, so I have the LED's turned off. On the PC it shows as a web page, with the image on screen and the controls below. It has 3x preset stored views on buttons, but you can rotate it to point in most any direction around 320 deg horizontal, around 90 deg vertical.

I mostly use it to watch for the Postie, to keep the dogs in when due, or watch for the arrival of friends etc..
Again sounds like what I'm after do you have a make or model I can search for?

Thanks for the replies.
Old 5th July 2016, 20:48   #5
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullie480 View Post
I'd be happy with something like that, Sounds like what I'm after do you have any links or models that are best?

Thanks for the replies.
Most of the sites I use are trade only and wont show prices or sell direct to the public.

I have used quite a few of these.

http://www.dvs.co.uk/ds-2cd2022f-i

They are about £60+VAT and give a brilliant picture.

Might be a bit much for what you need though.
neilb740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2016, 20:50   #6
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Again sounds like what I'm after do you have a make or model I can search for?
Mine bears the name 'Maginon Supra IPC-1', but they are badged under other names. http://www.supra-electronics.com/pop...C-1_popup_aus/

What I forgot to mention, is that mine came with a system that tracks the cameras IP. My camera reports back to Supra's website, so it can constantly track my IP. I'm not on a fixed IP, from my ISP, so it can vary if my router disconnects.

So if I want to log in to the camera remotely, I do so through Supra's website when away from home. Our postie would have been amazed, to know I watched her delivering my mail at home, from my caravan, parked in the middle of a field in Pembrokeshire

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 5th July 2016 at 20:52..
Old 6th July 2016, 06:51   #7
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Foscam do some decent cameras, read about them here:
www.foscam.co.uk
you can then look for sellers like Amazon.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 10:45   #8
wullie480
This is my second home

Got a camera well 2 from Amazon with decent reviews but having used them for a few weeks they keep dropping out or freezing.
So these are going back & I'll have another look at the ones members have linked.
Old 16th October 2016, 18:24   #9
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Got a camera well 2 from Amazon with decent reviews but having used them for a few weeks they keep dropping out or freezing.
So these are going back & I'll have another look at the ones members have linked.
Mine has been known to freeze, but with a bit of investigation I found it was not the camera, but the browser which has frozen the picture - always. It is a re-badged Foscam.

Old 16th October 2016, 19:00   #10
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

The TP-Link NC200 IP camera is pretty good, comes with a 3 year warranty if you register online.

It has E-mail or FTP notifications triggered by Motion Detection, also acts as a wireless extender, which means that you will have additional wireless coverage around each camera that you deploy. Doesn't have IR night time LEDs though.

Buy HERE...

Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote