Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Humour Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th June 2018, 08:16   #1
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Default The Australian Wedding

The guest list was made up of 120 people some had travelled far and wide to attend, the venue included to huge marques one for the ceremony and the other for beer. It was a grand event in a stunning venue.

There was a master of ceremonies who frequently addressed the guests with announcements, about one hour prior to the ceremony, the chap announced the wedding was off, the guests were shocked and confused, it was announced that the bride had been sexually assaulted by a drunk guest and the beer had been stolen..many moans and groans could be heard coming from the guests of which many had travelled miles to attend.

With 10 minutes to go before the couple got hitched a further announcement, well folks the bloke who sexually assaulted the bride has apologised and we found the beer so the wedding is back on..a huge cheer came from the guests.
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2018, 16:59   #2
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
The guest list was made up of 120 people some had travelled far and wide to attend, the venue included to huge marques one for the ceremony and the other for beer. It was a grand event in a stunning venue.

There was a master of ceremonies who frequently addressed the guests with announcements, about one hour prior to the ceremony, the chap announced the wedding was off, the guests were shocked and confused, it was announced that the bride had been sexually assaulted by a drunk guest and the beer had been stolen..many moans and groans could be heard coming from the guests of which many had travelled miles to attend.

With 10 minutes to go before the couple got hitched a further announcement, well folks the bloke who sexually assaulted the bride has apologised and we found the beer so the wedding is back on..a huge cheer came from the guests.
If only Australia was left to the Aboriginal people, I am sure they have much more interesting wedding tales, than the 'beer' jokes which have come to characterize the enormous volumes of Australian literature, I myself just cannot stop laughing at the tale above.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2018, 08:42   #3
frankson
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon auto KV6

Default describe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
If only Australia was left to the Aboriginal people, I am sure they have much more interesting wedding tales, than the 'beer' jokes which have come to characterize the enormous volumes of Australian literature, I myself just cannot stop laughing at the tale above.

Author Bruce Chatwin wrote a book calld 'The songlines' in 1987 after researching the indiginous peoples of Australia. A worthy epistle, I seem to remember a part where the Aborigines describe the way in which they 'sang' the land and the creatures into existence. Worth a read if you have an interest.
frankson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2018, 09:20   #4
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

The really funny part for me is that my best mate went to Oz complete with family, bought a camper and they didn't come back for 8 years when, they eventually got caught and he was arrested etc..

He worked as a bus driver, in a factory and even obtained a pilots licence, the last job was a taxi driver..he frequently had to drive drunk aborigines back to their settlement, on arrival they would call him white c**t that was his nickname, 9 out of 10 times they wouldn't pay the taxi fair, an argument would break out and he would find himself surrounded by an angry mob..when he told his boss the boss went with him to collect the fare..the community were terrified of the boss and when sober they would pay the fare..while at the abo community the boss took him to a huge hole in a fence at the top the village..he said this is your escape route

At the end he was in jail with quite a few abos he said the police would let them out of jail at 7pm so they could all go to the pub but, they had to be back in jail by 10-30 he has so many stories to tell it's amazing.

Last edited by rustymotor; 14th June 2018 at 09:34..
Old 14th June 2018, 13:44   #5
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
The really funny part for me is that my best mate went to Oz complete with family, bought a camper and they didn't come back for 8 years when, they eventually got caught and he was arrested etc..

He worked as a bus driver, in a factory and even obtained a pilots licence, the last job was a taxi driver..he frequently had to drive drunk aborigines back to their settlement, on arrival they would call him white c**t that was his nickname, 9 out of 10 times they wouldn't pay the taxi fair, an argument would break out and he would find himself surrounded by an angry mob..when he told his boss the boss went with him to collect the fare..the community were terrified of the boss and when sober they would pay the fare..while at the abo community the boss took him to a huge hole in a fence at the top the village..he said this is your escape route

At the end he was in jail with quite a few abos he said the police would let them out of jail at 7pm so they could all go to the pub but, they had to be back in jail by 10-30 he has so many stories to tell it's amazing.

There you go, you see not all European influences on native peoples went to waste, we take their lands, give them all sorts of diseases, including smallpox, exploit them in every way imaginable, and then we introduce them to the notion of going to the pub, what else do they want.!
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2018, 06:09   #6
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

The imperialist aggressors strike again