Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th October 2021, 14:56   #11
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
sorry, why do you want to get covid? Double jabbed people have died from covid according to figures.
Does your wife want you to catch covid?

macafee2
I visit my aged parents normally once a week, if I get it from my wife now I can confidently restart my visits with some expectation that I won’t be accidentally infecting them. Also we would be more confident of going abroad on holiday this winter, or even closer to hand. I know it’s potentially a killer but it’s a risk we all face, it just suits me to get it over now. My friend was in a similar position a couple of months ago, his wife was bad with it for a good two weeks, he didn’t get it even though he had underlining health conditions. They are both in Gozo for three months now. It’s difficult to hide from this virus anyway unless you become a recluse.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2021, 15:46   #12
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
How the other half live, centre parcs, thought they were very expensive.

macafee2
3 bedroom "executive" lodge for 4 nights was around £650. Split between 3 couples, not bad at all really. I was quite surprised too! As cheap as a Travelodge almost!
Old 5th October 2021, 15:58   #13
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Given the apparent mass abandonment of masks and the blasé revelling in a false dawn, I wonder why so many have seemed to abandon proven sensible precautions against infection of notifiable diseases.

Countless generations have taught us to isolate carriers of disease and to take precautions to a very personal level. We two now view those vaxxed as the primary danger source of infection and to avoid close encounters with extreme self-care.

We therefore, with the knowledge that together with that which has been admitted finally by HMGOV as being the whole truth, continue to use a mask in public places.

There is no intention to be a prophet of doom, but I wish the vaxxed population would take things seriously, care about their fellow citizens, and observe necessary precautions. It looks as though having a conscience has gone the same way as ethics. A mask is no less important now than it ever was.
Old 6th October 2021, 07:12   #14
mbev51
Banned

Removed

My pcr test was negative from yesterday.
Old 6th October 2021, 07:43   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I visit my aged parents normally once a week, if I get it from my wife now I can confidently restart my visits with some expectation that I won’t be accidentally infecting them. Also we would be more confident of going abroad on holiday this winter, or even closer to hand. I know it’s potentially a killer but it’s a risk we all face, it just suits me to get it over now. My friend was in a similar position a couple of months ago, his wife was bad with it for a good two weeks, he didn’t get it even though he had underlining health conditions. They are both in Gozo for three months now. It’s difficult to hide from this virus anyway unless you become a recluse.
forgive me but I dont understand "I visit my aged parents normally once a week, if I get it from my wife now I can confidently restart my visits with some expectation that I won’t be accidentally infecting them."

If you have covid, why would you go and visit your parents?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2021, 08:09   #16
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I would wait until my 10 days of isolation was up before visiting, after that I would be confident that I was not infecting them. As it is I worry each time I visit if I’m infected unbeknown to me.
Old 6th October 2021, 09:50   #17
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
I would wait until my 10 days of isolation was up before visiting, after that I would be confident that I was not infecting them. As it is I worry each time I visit if I’m infected unbeknown to me.
You do.know the vaccination and any previous infection with the virus does not make you immune from getting it again? Or from passing it on if you are asymptomatic?

Treat it as you would a cold or other infectious disease/viral infection. You avoid people/contact if youhave symptoms, also avoid those who have symptoms as.much as you can. Good sense and consideration is all it takes to ease the suffering of both yourself and others.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 6th October 2021 at 09:52..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2021, 11:22   #18
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Hi, the COVID virus is rampant around where I live in rural Cumbria. My wife went to her recently restarted choir evening, which involved being close to others. The next evening we went to a musical evening. The next day my wife felt a little off, thought it was a bit of a hangover to start with, then did a COVID test that looked positive. That result has been confirmed via a PCR test. I’ve just had a PCR test this morning, I’m hoping it’s positive, I’m not in any way trying to keep my distance from my wife. She’s on her feet downstairs doing bits and bobs but is not feeling her normal self. A number of people at the choir have tested positive. I believe it’s the government idea that by relaxing all the rules that it accelerates the spread and that’s what they want. It will suit me to get it now, as I normally visit my aged parents once a week. Everyone who is putting themselves about will be exposed to it. This is far from over.
The government is not responsible for virus transmission, it is people.
30k+ plus people per day are contracting it!

Choir practice, one of the best forms of transmitting the virus either by droplet or within air-streams. Then go to another social function immediately? I would have waited 5-7 days.

Double jabbed people can still get COVID-SARs2 virus (it is usually much less severe but that depends on age group and personal health) and I believe the death rate for them is around 4%.

We have had plenty of flu deaths every year but like road deaths they tend to not hit the media very often and more likely, most people don't get very interested in something that they have missed by hook or by crook!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2021, 12:22   #19
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default But

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
You do.know the vaccination and any previous infection with the virus does not make you immune from getting it again? Or from passing it on if you are asymptomatic?

Treat it as you would a cold or other infectious disease/viral infection. You avoid people/contact if youhave symptoms, also avoid those who have symptoms as.much as you can. Good sense and consideration is all it takes to ease the suffering of both yourself and others.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
If the Israel study is correct, those who have natural immunity are 13 times less likely to get it again or pass it on, that can only be a good thing. I was at my Doctors on Monday and he had the virus in March after his jabs, he asked why I hadn't had them and I gave him my answer, my natural immunity will outlast the jabs and they can't add anything to my immune system that's needed, there's a train of thought that suggests the vaccines are causing immune system overload, this is why it's being thought that vaccinated people are the main ones in hospitals right now. The immune system does a job and fights off infection, to load it with more similar antibodies could be a trigger for a worse outcome, these are not my thoughts, they are from rational people in medicine studies. If you get the virus you should take lots of fluids, that's what got me through it I reckon.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2021, 12:43   #20
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I have been told, the French rate people who have recently had it, better than those who have been vaccinated, for not transmitting it on.