Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th July 2021, 07:03   #1
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Default In a weeks time

Freedom day! I for one will continue to wear a mask inside public places, wearing masks doesn’t affect the economy but may save someone from getting ill or dying.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2021, 07:49   #2
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

It will be interesting to see how different things are. I am with you on the face masks and I suspect most sensible people will be the same.

I have customers who think it will mean everything is back to normal but I don't think we will notice much difference, with potentially a million people isolating either because they have the virus or have been tracked and traced it will be a long time before we get back to normal or what ever the new normal is?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2021, 10:38   #3
mbev51
Banned

Removed

My daughters a teacher, she has been told to self isolate again due to being in contact with a pupil who is COVID positive. She’s had both jabs, surely she should be just tested each day and continue to work. We need some joined up thinking here.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2021, 19:12   #4
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

At the start of this pandemic we were being told not to wear facemasks, even the World Health Organization warned against it. Then there was a complete U-turn, we couldn't go anywhere without one.

Michael Jackson would often wear a facemask, and his children, he got ridiculed for it.

I read that Asians have been wearing masks since the 1950's.

Have we now adopted facemasks on a permanent basis, or are we all being fickle.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2021, 19:28   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Never saw the point of them tbh If the masks worked, why 2 metres apart or the perspex shields in shops no need for both surely
As an aside, I got 2 of these masks from my mate last year, decided to buy a pack last week because one of them was looking a little grubby
So what happens? The decision to stop wearing comes in That's £5 I'll never get back
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2021, 22:26   #6
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

So never mind the effect on the environment from these hideous conformance fear tools or the fact that we never wore masks when flu was about these last few decades, that excess deaths only a few years were in the 50 thousand territory from flu etc. That the human race exists in its current form after having being exposed to all sorts of maladies, it is a requirement of the human race and invevatable that we need exposed to these things, we cannot hide forever the inevitable.

If nothing else I would suggest at least COVID has made us up our game in limiting the spread of respiratory infection by simple tasks such as washing hands, avoiding going into the office when one has a sniffle, etc.

The link below makes for an interesting perspective on masks. Basically an experiment from the 80s for 6 months in a UK hospital. Outcome - no difference with masks on or off.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...493952/?page=1

Last edited by Lovel; 12th July 2021 at 22:28..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote