Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th January 2020, 15:05   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Spare heated windscreen available

I'm sure someone contacted me a couple months ago asking if there's any spare heated windscreens available, however I can't remember who it was and can't find any messages asking either. I'm sure it was someone on here.

I've had the total number of heated windscreens produced come through and there's 1 extra windscreen available.

Want to offer it to the person who asked me a couple months ago first before I offer it to anyone else.

cheers
Rick
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2020, 15:41   #2
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Bump on this. I have another heated windscreen available. The member who purchased this no longer has a 75 so this one is available to purchase.

The heated windscreen is £247 + £60 shipping or can be collected from Tamworth.

Let me know asap if you'd be interested. This is the very last batch I'll be doing so after this there will be no more.
Old 9th February 2020, 12:14   #3
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Default Heated windscreen

I have sent you a PM yesterday, after sending an earlier one in January re an already ordered one which at that time could have no longer been required.
Since yesterday's message, I have noticed that the electrical parts to supply power to the latest screen together with a timer do not come with the screen. Where can these be obtained and having got this far, who where and when can the old one be removed, hopefully undamaged, and the new fitted, and at what cost? I am going to my son's for tea,today, Sunday, so any reply you may send won't be viewed until later mid-evening.

I have contacted my insurance about the "change to the vehicle" and they are OK with no extra charge, but they need to be in formed of the change when it's done. Do you have a link with someone either in Tamworth or on my way back home in Manchester who can do the removal without breaking the old screen and installing the new one together with the electric controls?
Finally, when will this spare screen be available for collection? I will obviously need the address.
Hoping you an answer these questions by a PM,

Kind Regards,

GeoffWW

Last edited by GeoffWW; 9th February 2020 at 12:17..
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2020, 19:56   #4
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffWW View Post
I have sent you a PM yesterday, after sending an earlier one in January re an already ordered one which at that time could have no longer been required.
Since yesterday's message, I have noticed that the electrical parts to supply power to the latest screen together with a timer do not come with the screen. Where can these be obtained and having got this far, who where and when can the old one be removed, hopefully undamaged, and the new fitted, and at what cost? I am going to my son's for tea,today, Sunday, so any reply you may send won't be viewed until later mid-evening.

I have contacted my insurance about the "change to the vehicle" and they are OK with no extra charge, but they need to be in formed of the change when it's done. Do you have a link with someone either in Tamworth or on my way back home in Manchester who can do the removal without breaking the old screen and installing the new one together with the electric controls?
Finally, when will this spare screen be available for collection? I will obviously need the address.
Hoping you an answer these questions by a PM,

Kind Regards,

GeoffWW
PM sent in response to above.
Old 9th February 2020, 22:43   #5
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Is this a heated front windscreen? (not a heated rear?)

Last edited by Blink; 12th February 2020 at 11:04..
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2020, 20:17   #6
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Bump on this. I have another heated windscreen available. The member who purchased this no longer has a 75 so this one is available to purchase.

The heated windscreen is £247 + £60 shipping or can be collected from Tamworth.

Let me know asap if you'd be interested. This is the very last batch I'll be doing so after this there will be no more.
Oops. Looks like I missed this one.
If another front heated windscreen turns up for the 260 I'm in.
(I'm loving the heated front windscreen feature in the ZT-T 190 acquired from your good self last month Rick.)
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2020, 20:50   #7
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Are this a heated front windscreen? (not a heated rear?)
Yes that's right, heated front windscreens. This was a group batch order I organised last year, and the windscreens are ready this week for everyone who ordered one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Oops. Looks like I missed this one.
If another front heated windscreen turns up for the 260 I'm in.
(I'm loving the heated front windscreen feature in the ZT-T 190 acquired from your good self last month Rick.)
I've had about 3 or 4 others interested recently who missed out when I arranged this batch last year, so if there's enough interest towards the end of summer I may arrange another one. We have to order at least 10 usually.

I am really missing having that heated windscreen on that ZT-T at the moment, luckily I've ordered one for myself in this batch which will be fitted to redfive Also missing how quickly the v6 would warm up compared to my diesel now.
Old 12th February 2020, 18:45   #8
BOZZ
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Yes that's right, heated front windscreens. This was a group batch order I organised last year, and the windscreens are ready this week for everyone who ordered one.

I've had about 3 or 4 others interested recently who missed out when I arranged this batch last year, so if there's enough interest towards the end of summer I may arrange another one. We have to order at least 10 usually.

I am really missing having that heated windscreen on that ZT-T at the moment, luckily I've ordered one for myself in this batch which will be fitted to redfive Also missing how quickly the v6 would warm up compared to my diesel now.
lets do another batch I will be first one
Old 12th February 2020, 22:56   #9
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Perhaps it would be useful to do a survey and get an accurate number of folk who are interested.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2020, 18:50   #10
Shaker
Avid contributor

ZT 260 SE, ZT-T 135+, ZT 160+1.8T, ZS180, ZR115+, 07 2.5 Connie SE

Default Heated Windscreen

Hi, if this is an official list then can I put my name down for two (2) maybe 3 if we need to make up numbers.
Cheers Steve

V8.... Everything else is just a toy!!!
Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote