Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th August 2018, 08:06   #21
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I personally think it is disgusting to charge people that live in the emission zone. Those travelling in, still not convinced its right as they already pay road fund licence and tax on fuel and car maintenance.

I appreciate that pollution has to be cut and the way to do this is with new emission standards for new vehicles, financial incentives such as huge discounts on emission compliant vehicles, this gives people more of a freedom of choice to change. This emission for those living in the area is so unfair

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 08:31   #22
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
sorry you like what?
I think Artemis is saying that he likes living in London Ian. I think it was his response to Trikey's view that he wouldn't.
Quote:
This emission for those living in the area is so unfair
It's all about raising tax revenue Ian; nothing to do with fairness!

Simon
Old 25th August 2018, 09:23   #23
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
I’ve just had a look and the charge is the same but different Euro emissions standards apply to petrol and Diesel engines. It’s all part of the master plan to force us to keep the automotive industry profitable by buying hybrid or electric vehicles.

As the OP says, the zone is being extended in London to the north and south circular roads. How long before other cities follow suit? Will London further extend to the M25 (rhetorical question)?

Simon

I read a piece a few months ago that said 44 other Cities/Towns across the UK have applied for 'Clean air zone' status.
The reason being if they didn't they would then fall foul of being over agreed EU emission limits themselves.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 09:44   #24
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post

As the OP says, the zone is being extended in London to the north and south circular roads. How long before other cities follow suit? Will London further extend to the M25 (rhetorical question)?

Simon
The “Mayor” cannot extend it out to the M25 because it’s outside his area of control, ie take the Dartford crossing area, it’s in Thurrock Essex and Dartford Kent.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 09:48   #25
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

It’s a witch hunt against car drivers and of course a very easy revenue stream.

I read an article last week that “wood burning stoves “ generated twice the particulate output of all the diesels currently in use in the UK .

Wonder if they will be next on the revenue raising list? Perhaps not as no registration number to photograph and send a fine to!
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 10:38   #26
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Wonder if they will be next on the revenue raising list? Perhaps not as no registration number to photograph and send a fine to!
no but the houses they are in all have numbers on them!

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 10:40   #27
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Another option is for me to swap the 1998 V6 for a ULEZ compliant Rover 75 in good nick
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 10:56   #28
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
I read an article last week that “wood burning stoves “ generated twice the particulate output of all the diesels currently in use in the UK .
That’s a very good point Steve, but it’s not just diesels that are being targeted now.
I wonder why the London Mayor isn’t concerned about the untreated pollution from all our gas central heating boilers?

Simon
Old 25th August 2018, 13:01   #29
mac61
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw 41 View Post
Its a blue coller (working class) tax , the rich/well off have a choice of using their petrol/diesel car or buying the latest eco-friendly alternative . They have the cash to do both if they want, those that cant afford that will have a choice of walking or catching a bus thats if they can pay the increased fares . How long will it be before that sort of thinking spreads from London to the rest of the UK ? Its nothing more than a witch hunt and the motorist is being blamed for contributing to the bull$hit lie that is global warming , the biggest conspiracy that governments are lining their pockets with.
Blue collar, (working class) tax, what nonsense!

The terms "blue collar" and "white collar" are occupational classifications that distinguish workers who perform manual labour from workers who perform professional jobs. Historically, blue-collar workers wore uniforms, usually blue, and worked in trade occupations. White-collar workers typically wore white shirts, and worked in office settings. Other aspects that distinguish blue-collar and white-collar workers include earnings and education level, i.e. white collar worker better educated and paid more. Today that is not necessarily the case as many "white collar" workers earn less than some "blue collar" workers

So they all pay tax and in my experience higher earners, ( white or blue collar) have more outgoings e.g. larger mortgages, more expensive cars, possibly school fees. So you can't say one type of worker worker may have more disposable income and be more able to pay than any other.

Last edited by mac61; 25th August 2018 at 13:02.. Reason: /
mac61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 15:26   #30
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

People who live in London should be excluded from these charges simply because they have no choice. I mean, if I choose to drive into London in my CDTi I would expect to pay, it would be my choice! But to force someone into selling their car is WRONG imho

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote