Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th April 2017, 15:51   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Pooky Bear's 2nd mini tour...............

...........................of the U.K. 2017, gets underway tomorrow. West Country here we come. Got a meet to attend on Sunday. The Bear has not had a good run since her last mini tour. I've been very good at keeping the mileage down. Only done 5,000 miles since her MOT last August, er! erm! Banana on the other hand has done a considerable lot more.

Anyway the Bear is nice and clean. Oil and water checked. Tyre pressures including spare are done and the tank is full. So if you see a Starlight Silver, or hear, ZTT trundling along to Devon don't forget to wave, toot or flash those restored headlights.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 17:50   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Whoops!!!!!................................

.....................................honestly officer I did not see you.

Well the day started off well in the sunshine on our trip to Devon. Traffic was a bit heavy getting onto the M11 but we was soon running ok, onto the M25 and into the rain and the slow traffic. Well there is a surprise, good old car park. But at least it was moving. Once past the M1 turn off the traffic sped up and so did I but only as far as 69.9mph.

Soon onto the M4 and the showers. But at least we was able to keep speed constant. Not bothered about stopping for a wee. Just keep going till I need to stop, usually on the M5 at Sedgemoor. Lights on as the rain started to get heavier. Then the sun was out, so lights off.

Soon onto the M5 and running down towards our first stop at Sedgemoor services. Stopped for a wee then a quick coffee and back onto the road. Started catching up a Black 3 series Beemer, still at 69.9mph plus. As I gradually shot past the Beemer I noticed at the last moment it's blue lights, they were off but I could make out the units, in the rear window and as I glanced at the driver I noticed he was a nice policeman. Still I got past and then indicated back into the inside lane. And he stayed behind me all the way to Bridgewater services. Obviously not that interested in the traffic that was speeding past us.

He then pulled into the services, phew!! But he must have drove straight through as he came out with his blues and two's on. Oh! Poo I thought but with a wave of his hand he was gone off done the road at the speed of light, never to be seen again. So I wound the elastic band up a bit more and carried on my journey.

Soon off of the M5 and onto the A380. Stopped at Marks & Spencer's in Barton to buy Shirley some flowers, it was her birthday yesterday and I had a card with me. Phoned Matt to get the kettle on. Pulled up outside their home at 14.15. That was 240 miles covered in 4 & a quarter hours. And I still had a quarter tank left. Happy with that.

3 cups of tea later and now getting ready to go out to the carvery.

Saw 2 Moonstone's on the way down. A 'Y' plate in Barkingside and a scruffy, needing a wash, 02 plate Tourer on the M25.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 21st April 2017 at 06:59.. Reason: Editing out the swear filter as the word used is not a swear word.
Old 21st April 2017, 06:55   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool If of a sensitive nature................

...........................then don't read this, you can read the bit about the food but not the rest.

So after getting ourselves ready we set off towards the carvery. We took "Pooky Bear" as "Morris" was blocked in and Shirley did not want to drive her 75. Soon had the supercharger singing with the Xpowers supplying the bass.
We was meeting our friends at the pub and as we rolled in we spotted there 75 Tourer and parked up alongside.

They were already inside and waiting for us. Food!!! This is still the Best Toby Carvery I have been to, and believe me I've been to a few. Dessert? Oh! Go on then, only ice cream though. Once finished we sat and chatted for nearly 2 hours, pub was quite so no rush for us to move. Time to say our goodbyes till Sunday when we will meet up again for "Ratty's" breakfast meet.

We were soon trundling back when a warning light appeared on the dashboard, oh! no! Blast, low fuel light. So we conserved what fuel we had left by keeping the pedal in a fixed position, 69.9mph (coff!). Found a garage open and started to fill the thirsty beast. Thought there must be hole in the tank as there seemed to be a lot going in, more than usual.

NOW'S THE TIME TO LOOK AWAY

Still we had covered almost 290 miles at 69.9mph, whenever we could. Allowing for slow traffic and the roadworks plus the smokey in the plain wrapper. Still I suppose 20.4 mpg ain't bad for heavy car

onen hag oll
Old 21st April 2017, 08:28   #4
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Oh! Hum!.....................

.........................Matt has just driven the "Bear", lucky for me he found the clutch to heavy to go very far. Sounds the bees knees from the outside with someone else driving.

onen hag oll
Old 21st April 2017, 21:09   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Been a busy but......................

.........................tiring day. I had promised Matt that when I was down next I would clay and polish his car, pictures are on the valeting section.

But before we could start Neil, another forum member, turned up. He had come round for Matt to fit a new stereo into his Copperleaf 75 saloon. A 2 minute job for Matt. So after tea out we went to get the work started. Matt's car did not need a wash so I got started on the claying. Now that I have the knack the work does not take that long, only thing that slows me down is age, be 23 next birthday.

Matt was expecting another friend, Baz, to come round for him to fit a new exhaust system on. But first he fitted Neil's radio. Meanwhile I carried on claying the Xpower Grey ZTT. The roof was starting to shine. Then Shirley came back, she had been to see her Mum, so lunch was prepared. Ok, more tea to be drunk. After lunch, Neil stayed on to supervise the fitting of the exhaust as Baz had now arrived. Baz had brought a brand new system with him to be fitted. Matt has a novel way of supporting the jacked up car. 3 spacesaver's stacked on top of one and other and a 4th one under the front wheel. Once the trolley Jack is lowered, the car sits at the right height for them to get underneath.

Neil bade farewell, heavy work involved. I by now had progressed to applying the cutting compound, by hand. We did try with a orbital polisher but I found it too much, it's my age. Matt and Baz had removed the old broken exhaust but found when they offered the new one up, it did not fit. Baz's car is a diesel saloon but the exhaust was for a tourer, too short and the sleeve was too small. But Matt had stripped a virtually brand new exhaust off of a saloon awhile back and was sitting in the rear garden doing nothing.

Shirley had gone to collect their grandson from school but once back she made some more tea. Much needed in my case. By now I had started using the New Meguiars high tech wax paste. Goes on really well and comes off even better. Matt and Baz were still fighting the exhaust but were winning. There is a cracking wax polish that used to be made by Turtle Wax called ICE. Very good for waxing plastic, especially faded black plastic. Alas the wax is no longer available but I still have a large pot.

Their grandson was now collected by his Dad, and it was tea time again. I had finished the entire car including waxing the 11 spokes, all the black plastic was done. I had returned to roof bars back to almost black. The tyres had a coating of tyre foam. All the door shuts, fuel flap and around the rear window had been cleaned. But by god my back was crying enough now, so the last application of the detailing wax will have to wait till tomorrow. Matt and Baz had finally got the exhaust system fitted. Now to get the car down onto it's wheels and get the engine started. Fingers crossed and away she went, oh! Boy did that sound a whole lot better. Thank goodness for that.

So tools away, and the boys got cleaned up. I, meanwhile was taking photo's of my work. Then Baz fitted his 'new but didn't fit exhaust' into his car. Being returned to where it came from to get his money back. We said our goodbye's and he set off home. Matt then put "Morris" his clean ZTT back into it's parking spot in the front garden. Matt still had another important job to do, he was cooking a curry for dinner. Me, well I transferred the pictures onto my laptop and had another cuppa.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 21st April 2017 at 21:15.. Reason: Moon watching
Old 21st April 2017, 21:24   #6
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Excellent curry..............

..........................to finish the day off. Then more visitors in the shape of yet another forum member, Nathancan, and his good lady. So more tea was drunk. Nathan bought Matt's old diesel ZT in Anthricate. So more chatter about the ZT's including the Bear. Then it was time for them to go home and for me to put the Bear to 'bed'. Matt's next door neighbour lets Matt park any of his, or friends, cars in their driveway. So the Bear would be safe.

Shirley turned in but not before serving Matt and myself a couple of pints of Banana Bread, a fine ale by the Charles Wells brewery. Another busy day for me tomorrow, finish off Matt's car. Then give Shirley's car a clean and for me to get the Bear ready for the meet on Sunday.

I cannot wait to retire.

onen hag oll
Old 22nd April 2017, 06:44   #7
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Bear Express will be...................

...............................will be returning to Essex, next week, with more parts for a forum member to help keep a 75 up and running. Just glad to be of service.

Hoping to get Shirley's car cleaned today and to get the Bear looking smart for tomorrow. We'll be having a passenger as well, only wants to hear the Bear through the Saltash Tunnel I think.

onen hag oll
Old 22nd April 2017, 22:40   #8
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

04 MG ZT+ 190 XPG & 99 (T) Dealer Launch 75 V6 Connie Auto

Massive thanks to Bob!

Really Looking forward to the opportunity of riding shotgun tomorrow with Bob in Pooky Bear to the local meet.

My ZT 190 "Rodger" is currently off the road as I am making some minor repairs and lots of improvements/retrofits before he goes back on the road for show season.

Pace notes have been printed and memorised!

Upgrades/Mods so far:
Custom Angel Eye DRL's, MG7 Rear lights, Custom Door Cards, MGR Plates, Red Alcantara Seats, Black Oak Dash, Powerflex bushes, Plenum Spy Mod, Rear Light Seals, 5000K HID Kit, Navall 3 DD, Blue LED Conversion, Custom badges, Union badges, Flip key. Working on more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
daznkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 06:41   #9
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Saturday, yet another busy....................

.............................but a very enjoyable day. First on the cards was, yet another forum member came around to have Matt carry out some improvements on a Moonstone Tourer called "Daisy".

So I got on with moving the Bear out of her parking space and into her washing spot. Soon washed and dried, then some Meguiars Ultimate spray wax, just need to keep her shine topped up. Wax on the wheels. Matt lent me some amazing black restorer to get the scuttle looking clean. Then I sprayed all the dull black plastic under the bonnet. Wiped off and everything looks like new, again.
Also Matt gave me some interior smelly spray, only supposed to spray the once but not me, gave it 4 sprays. Had to leave the windows open for a while.

Meanwhile the Moonstone was fitted out with new LED bulbs front and rear. Shirley brought out a nice cup of tea. "Daisy" then was off home after tea, and I continued to just finish off the 'clean' on Matt's car. Now looking even better.
Matt meanwhile had to dis-connect the windscreen washer pump and replace on his ZTT. But one done he had now a proper working and non- leaking pump.
Shirley had been out to her daughters and brought back the grandchildren, twin girls of the toddling age. They were quite content to play out front whilst Nanny, grandpa and I kept a wary eye out for them but they are as good as gold.

Then it was 'grub-up-time'. Pie, beans n mash. Oh! And a cuppa as well. Then Matt and I were off on a mission leaving the twins with Nanny. Matt was helping a friend out to go and collect a motorbike for me to ride back, only joking. We collected a bike trailer and off we went to collect this amazing looking bike. All hand built. And from where we collected the bike there was sitting in the same workshop a totally restored Mini pick-up. Restored from the ground up but now fitted with a Metro engine. Body colour is French Blue, as I know it, and black interior. Still has it's original "V" number plate. Stunning!!
In another corner was yet another motorbike, which to me was a huge bike. I would never have got my leg over and sat on the seat.

Then we was off to deliver the motorbike to it's new home where it would be returned to the road, at least legally returned with tax, mot and number plate. The new owner has an amazing collection of very special motorbikes. All roadworthy and legal. He also has a supercharged BMW Mini. Then we returned the trailer, after a cup of tea. Before we returned back to the house. Shirley had taken the twins home. Matt and I finally sat down, me with a pint of Marston's Pedigree and Matt with a cider. I then put the Bear to bed next door. Shirley turned in as we have an early start on Sunday. Matt and I had another drink then I said night night. Slept like a log. Must be this sea air.

onen hag oll
Old 23rd April 2017, 06:54   #10
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Once again an excellent write up Bob, thanks for the updates .

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote