Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th January 2017, 22:57   #1
ninaandphil
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

Default ZT diesel stalling....

Hi all, finally replaced my old ZT Diesel after replacing my old one's dead engine with a new dead engine! ..... so now back on the road after several months... new car is OK, needs some TLC, and most of the new parts I bought for my old car being attached. I have an irritating problem though, the engine has a habit of stalling whilst on the move... maybe once or twice on my 25 mile commute, no apparent pattern, I can be poodling along at a steady 50, braking, accelerating... the engine just cuts out, and starts immediately I turn the ignition... I can do it whilst still rolling without even stopping... and she carries on fine! Any pointers to look for specifically? I will start a full change over of PCV / air / EGR delete etc etc asap...
Thanks...Phil.
ninaandphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2017, 23:13   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninaandphil View Post
Hi all, finally replaced my old ZT Diesel after replacing my old one's dead engine with a new dead engine! ..... so now back on the road after several months... new car is OK, needs some TLC, and most of the new parts I bought for my old car being attached. I have an irritating problem though, the engine has a habit of stalling whilst on the move... maybe once or twice on my 25 mile commute, no apparent pattern, I can be poodling along at a steady 50, braking, accelerating... the engine just cuts out, and starts immediately I turn the ignition... I can do it whilst still rolling without even stopping... and she carries on fine! Any pointers to look for specifically? I will start a full change over of PCV / air / EGR delete etc etc asap...
Thanks...Phil.
A leakback test is first job on the cards Phil, then take a look at the contacts of the connector on the HP pressure sensor, especially if the car has had a common rail "tuning box" attached at any time

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2017, 21:01   #3
ninaandphil
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

Thanks Brian, at some stage, the car has had a Ronbox fitted... but is now re-mapped. I will check the contacts and probably swap out all 4 injectors with my old ones... hopefully this will cure the problem!
ninaandphil is offline   Reply With Quote