Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th August 2016, 14:19   #1
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Default Am considering a DD unit with sat nav

Currently use a small Garmin Nuvi 42 LM unit which is a pretty basic Sat Nav that I cna mamage to use . The thing is that I am not that happy with the Harmony unit in the CDT have been wondering about updating it to one with Sat Nav capabilities. Problem is as always lack of funds and lack of knowledge about them .

Also there is the fact that I don't even use the smart phone much many of the features found on the Navall units would never be used so a bit of a waste for me. Now as I am a dinosaur when it comes to stuff like this .............................. yes I still listen to Compact cassettes I made up before Punk Rock came onto the scene and quite like the Symphony unit in the Connoisseur ............................ but the Harmony is lacking something. Add the fact that i have finally come a bit more modern in the MGF and fitted a Sony unit with "Tune Tray" and us a USB stick in that and apart from finding the search function a bit of a PITA have gotten used to it.

Now having read through many threads here am thinking that something like this found on ebay :-

Item # 381715654877

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3817156548...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Might be just the thing. Now I realise that there would be other bits'n'bobs to get to fit it like facia plate that woud need trimming.

The real question is am I thinking about this totally wrong the maps would need to work in France as we will be going over there and of course use in teh UK would also be needed and while a nice new upmarket unit might be nice it is simply not in the budget .
Old 26th August 2016, 14:34   #2
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

If you're after a "factory fit" look, but don't want (or need) all the bells and whistles of the latest Navall headunits, you may want to check out Radioguys Win CE offering.

Often overlooked these days, but they offer a good satnav and radio with bluetooth function, CD/DVD, SD card, and iPod support. Pretty much "plug & play", with plenty of support here on the forums from both Sean and Jeff (Coolcat). They're cheaper than his latest Android sets, and look right at home when fitted:

Details here: http://75andzt.com/WINCE_Head_Units/...ce-Head-Hunits He also sells refurbished units at a lower cost and with the recent launch of his "Navall Star" unit, many folk are upgrading their old sets, so it's well worth PMing Radioguy to see if he can do a deal for you.

Hope this helps,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 16:31   #3
Plezier

Thank you but sadly looking at those prices they are still beyond the budget that we will have unless something crops up. Luckily we have a bit of time before one is needed.
Old 26th August 2016, 17:34   #4
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

I'm going to refit a symphony in my car as i only use the car now and again but I am updating it with a bluetooth gadget for my iphone. I only ever use copilot on my iphone for Satnav anyway as it updates very regularly with new maps, cams etc plus tmc is very good.

Anyway i maybe selling the Xtrons, cost about £400 from memory but will let it go for £75 with the walnut surround.

Need a week or 2, but if interested.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 19:52   #5
Plezier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I'm going to refit a symphony in my car as i only use the car now and again but I am updating it with a bluetooth gadget for my iphone. I only ever use copilot on my iphone for Satnav anyway as it updates very regularly with new maps, cams etc plus tmc is very good.

Anyway i maybe selling the Xtrons, cost about £400 from memory but will let it go for £75 with the walnut surround.

Need a week or 2, but if interested.
Indeed that sounds like a very good soloution to my dilema. We are not in a mad rush perhaps we could speak about it at the meet on Sunday?

And thank you for the offer.
Old 26th August 2016, 19:54   #6
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Sure, no worries

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 20:16   #7
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
If you're after a "factory fit" look, but don't want (or need) all the bells and whistles of the latest Navall headunits, you may want to check out Radioguys Win CE offering.

Often overlooked these days, but they offer a good satnav and radio with bluetooth function, CD/DVD, SD card, and iPod support. Pretty much "plug & play", with plenty of support here on the forums from both Sean and Jeff (Coolcat). They're cheaper than his latest Android sets, and look right at home when fitted:

Details here: http://75andzt.com/WINCE_Head_Units/...ce-Head-Hunits He also sells refurbished units at a lower cost and with the recent launch of his "Navall Star" unit, many folk are upgrading their old sets, so it's well worth PMing Radioguy to see if he can do a deal for you.

Hope this helps,

Cliff
It's a shame Rover 75/ZT interiors don't actually look like that
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 20:34   #8
Plezier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
But they can ............................. as evidenced by the photo .

Have to agree that the acres of black plastic looks cheap hence why I wish to get more walnut trim eventually.
Old 26th August 2016, 20:40   #9
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
Mine used to look exactly like that, 'till I sold the double din, leather seats, walnut armrest, etc
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 21:23   #10
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Mine used to look exactly like that, 'till I sold the double din, leather seats, walnut armrest, etc
not without photoshop or a wide angle lens of some sort though? the angles, distances, shapes etc are all wrong, looks great obviously but not much like the inside of my car with similar bits fitted
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote