Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th October 2021, 17:43   #1
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

Default Rover 75 coolant bleed pipe.

On the way back from work today I noticed no heat was coming from the heater. Temperature gauge was normal. This is the facelift 75 (05 reg 2.0 diesel)

I opened the bonnet when I got home and there were white spots all over the engine and bay, and the header tank was empty. I only checked it for level a few weeks ago and it was fine then.

I was rapidly running out of light but the top heater pipe ( the one with the bleed screw in it) appeared to be at fault. The very convoluted one with about six right-angles in.

I cut the pipe at what appeared to be the damaged section and re-joined it with a pipe joiner and some jubilee clips. However I have had to repair this pipe before and the whole thing seems time-expired so needs replacement.

I can't find one on Rimmer's website, are they available anywhere or is it just a case of making up a new one from standard heater pipe from a motor factors with lots of elbows? Someone must have had this issue before so any advice gratefully received.

Thank you.
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2021, 18:23   #2
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

I can only find this part, which looks to have the bleed valve but is for models with FBH.

PCH119334

Item no. 11

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001590
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2021, 19:11   #3
Southern Star
Loves to post

Thanks, I had a look at that schematic but it's not the part I need. I'll try to take and post a pic when it's daylight.

I think I am going to have to do some home plumbing to recreate the part, and to be honest although it might not look as pretty, it will probably work better.

I'm intending to replace the bleed valve with this, which looks better than OEM in all sorts of ways, not least because you can take the cap off and pour coolant into it with a funnel.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292744817013
Old 26th October 2021, 20:06   #4
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

The hose assembly you require is a PCH119334.

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-PCH119334

I have one here in my spares cupboard. The bleed screw in the Rimmer's picture is just slightly visible at the bottom of the bendy section.

These rub on one of the metal brackes in the engine bay. Hence teh spare in my cupboard in case it ever needs replacing.

Last edited by MSS; 26th October 2021 at 20:08..
MSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2021, 21:57   #5
Southern Star
Loves to post

Thank you for that. I must say that this seems like a ridiculously complicated arrangement to transfer water between two points. I am sure I can do better for far less than £48 plus P&P.

Old 26th October 2021, 22:06   #6
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

As you say. Make your own. Does not have to be that convoluted shape either.---I noticed mine was pressing against the metal bracket. Not any more as I filled the contact point with sponge. Been like it for years now with no trouble.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote