Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th October 2021, 09:36   #1
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Default Insurance advice

I'm planning on fitting LPG to my ZT probably early December at a leisurely pace. My insurance renewal is due in November and out of curiosity I got a quote with LPG as a modification. Turns out it's £20 cheaper. Taking this quote would save me having to pay a fee to change the policy later so my question is, would it affect a claim if I didn't have a modification I said I did if I were to have an accident between now and fitting the LPG? Appreciate it would if I had a mod I hadn't declared, but would the same logic apply if I don't have something I have declared?
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2021, 09:42   #2
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I would say that technically it could affect your cover as you will not have provide an accurate description of the car.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2021, 10:00   #3
Kroll
Regular poster

ZT 160

I’d ring them up and ask them. If you tell them you’re getting it fitted ASAP they might just stick it on the policy.
Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2021, 12:52   #4
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Do you know what the change fee would be? If not, ask them. It seems likely there wouldn't be much difference from the £20 you mention.

Last edited by wraymond; 25th October 2021 at 12:55..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2021, 09:49   #5
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

I've gone through 6 diy lpg fits myself. (3xR827, 3x R75). Always told the insurance; some need a certificate, some don't. My latest one is converted, 100% the same fit as the last one which was checked by Tinley Tech and certified ok. This one is yet to be checked by them, delayed due to covid, but when I got the car I told them I was going to fit lpg and a towbar - both since done. They noted it at the start and didn't require a certificate.
Leisurely fit? I allow 3 days in total, for a relaxed fit a bit at a time. Most of the time the car is roadworthy - if I need to use the car I just have to tidy up. However, fitting the injector nozzles into the inlet manifolds requires drilling & tapping, so they need to be removed. I allow 1/2 day for that, plenty of time.
Good luck with the fit, to me it's been a no brainer, been on 20k miles per year since 2000 until I recently retired, just think of the saving as lpg has never exceeded 1/2 the price of petrol!. My local supplier is 57p/litre at the moment.

Stewart
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote