Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th October 2021, 08:14   #11
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Come back Martin and read the rest of the replies to your questions.---
Thanks, i have just , Well things have moved on a bit,
last week, i plugged everything back in, and next morning the battery was flat ,
Yesterday i was able to pull the radio out, and it wasn't even plugged in, so i plugged everything back in, and its still dead, So i'm not going to try to fault find any further, i 'm just going to fit an after market set ,
Last week end, the reversing lights and sensor packed up, so I've checked fuses etc, and nothing was blown, so most likely gearbox switch, has failed, so I've got a replacement OEM, to fit some time this week end,
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2021, 10:18   #12
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts
Default High-line radio problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Butler View Post
Yesterday i was able to pull the radio out, and it wasn't even plugged in, so i plugged everything back in, and its still dead ...
Hi Martin,

You've reported finding the head unit (in the console), radio and video modules (in the spare wheel well) all unplugged by Mr. Previous Owner. Your working sat. nav. tells us that the video module (it's this one which has the fan, not the radio module) and head unit are o.k. You seem to have traced the fault to the radio module I'd say. Why not ask if any members have one for sale and also have a look on eBay? It would be a pity to dispose of the whole system without giving it the chance to burst into life once again.

By the way, you mentioned what you thought was an aerial amplifier in the boot. The high-line system has a filter and an aerial diversity unit but they're not in the boot, they're mounted inside the car on the D posts. What you have may be an aftermarket addition which again may be the cause of your problems.

Don't give up Martin!

Simon
Old 10th October 2021, 14:16   #13
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Well i have had everything out and cleaned up all the connections, some were a bit corroded, so i gave everything a good clean, plugged it all back in, and guess what, The screen burst into life, on the navigation screen, I've now got to fathom out how to operate the thing, and I've managed to down load a copy of the ICE manual, Is it normal for the highline video units to operate all the time? because the unit with the fan is running constantly .
Old 10th October 2021, 14:20   #14
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Well i have had everything out and cleaned up all the connections, some were a bit corroded, so i gave everything a good clean, plugged it all back in, and guess what, The screen burst into life, on the navigation screen, I've now got to fathom out how to operate the thing, and I've managed to down load a copy of the ICE manual, Is it normal for the highline video units to operate all the time? because the unit with the fan is running constantly .
No, it should shut down otherwise it'll flatten your battery
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2021, 16:58   #15
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
No, it should shut down otherwise it'll flatten your battery
i've disconnected the video unit, clearly thats whats faulty, is there any way to by bass this so that i can still use the radio and sat nav?
And is there anyone who can offers a rebuild service for these modules, i have only seen one so far on Ebay, and thats nearly £50

Last edited by Martin Butler; 10th October 2021 at 17:44..
Old 11th October 2021, 08:17   #16
SD1too

Quote:
i've disconnected the video unit, clearly thats whats faulty ...
Hi Martin,

Congratulations on your successful cleaning job so far.

With the key out of the ignition barrel and only the boot lid left open, does the red LED on the navigation computer/disc drive extinguish after a minute or two? It should do, and that's when the video module fan should stop running. Can you let me know please?

Simon
Old 11th October 2021, 08:41   #17
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

the light does go out, on the sat nav , but the fan keeps on running on the video unit, so there must be a live feed somewhere that shouldn't be there, When i checked my fuses, i did notice a fused fly lead, from the top row, of fuses, and it goes towards the back of the car, under the rear seat, does anyone have a wiring diagram of the high line system showing wire connections, colours etc, so i can start to fault find the circuit.
Old 11th October 2021, 08:56   #18
SD1too

Quote:
the light does go out, on the sat nav , but the fan keeps on running on the video unit ...
Thanks Martin. It's good to rule out the navigation computer/disc drive which becomes corrupted if the battery is disconnected before it's shut down and the LED has extinguished.

If you don't mind sending me an e-mail address by PM I can provide the wiring diagrams you've requested.
Edit: e-mail address received and diagrams sent.

Simon

Last edited by SD1too; 11th October 2021 at 11:08.. Reason: Update
SD1too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2021, 14:02   #19
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Thanks, had further investigations, and it seems only the sat nav is working, nothing on the radio, it won't even show on the display checked fuse on tuner, nothing has blown,got voltage in, but nothing is live coming out, ,so i'm going with my original option, fit a new DD head set, i used to make aircraft looms many years ago, and still have plenty of proper auto cable, of the correct type, so i'm going to make a new loom and plug for the new head unit, and plug that into the exsisting wiring, and run that through the car, to the new head unit, leaving the exsisting wiring in place, so it can easitly be converted back
Old 11th October 2021, 18:20   #20
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Thanks, had further investigations, and it seems only the sat nav is working, nothing on the radio, it won't even show on the display checked fuse on tuner, nothing has blown,got voltage in, but nothing is live coming out, ,so i'm going with my original option, fit a new DD head set, i used to make aircraft looms many years ago, and still have plenty of proper auto cable, of the correct type, so i'm going to make a new loom and plug for the new head unit, and plug that into the exsisting wiring, and run that through the car, to the new head unit, leaving the exsisting wiring in place, so it can easitly be converted back
Martin, I have operating radio and video modules which I could loan you so you can try them to identify faulty units/ wiring

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote