Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th August 2021, 12:06   #11
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Can't say that I blame you for chucking in the towel Simon..
A thankless job in any circumstances mate and you have far more important things to fill your day with other than responding to people that use this forum as their political mouthpiece.
Thanks for all you have done and I wish you well.
regards Ian
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2021, 12:15   #12
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

It's bad news when a mod. has had enough. This Club is a pastime not a vocation and that sort of pressure is unacceptable.
I'm a regular user/contributor but don't see where this sort of stuff goes on except occasional outbreaks concerning Brexit which end up being filtered/sidelined to the Social forum where they belong (sort of).
Thank you for all you have done, hope you are not 'leaving'...
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2021, 13:26   #13
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Enjoy the free time you will now have,it's a thankless task being a mod and I would imagine takes up a lot of you own personal time.
But still yourself and the other members of the green team continue to do it, sorting out endless problems that arise.
Pat on the back from me to all.

Stan
Old 20th August 2021, 13:32   #14
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo65 View Post
Simon I'm sorry to be reading this but not surprised I've always found your moderation to be fair and impartial , you are have been very well respected moderator especially down here on the east coast i think you've made the right decision life is for enjoyment go and enjoy forget about the forum for a while happy days 😊😊

Sent from my VFD 730 using Tapatalk

Health comes first Simon, thanks for your input over the years, hope to catch up at a meet sometime soon.
Old 20th August 2021, 13:40   #15
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I’m sorry to see this, I have always respected all the active Mods and their decisions. To let it have a bad effect on your otherwise enjoyment of a genuinely friendly and accessible club is an unreasonable and sad result. I too hope you regain your involvement in club affairs.

Don’t you think on reflection you might see, by naming in public profile the individuals and calling out unnamed others with whom you disagree, the comparison with your own legitimate reasons for your decision?

In other words, do you agree there are sufficient alternatives available to Mods for the suitable treatment of those who actively and demonstrably seek to subvert?

Last edited by wraymond; 20th August 2021 at 14:02..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2021, 14:39   #16
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Sorry to read this Simon, it's sad that it has come to the point where it is affecting you in such a way. Time for the guys above to step up in my opinion before it's too late. If it wasn't for the friends I have made through the forum I would no doubt have left by now as it certainly isn't what it used to or was meant to be anymore.
Hopefully catch up with you sometime in the near future.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2021, 16:00   #17
al_dente
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks for all your hard work Simon.

Life's too short to keep doing things that are you don't enjoy.
al_dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2021, 17:29   #18
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I am sorry you have felt backed into the position that you felt obligated to step down. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but you are entitled to your opinion (even if has been wrong ) and counter others if you disagree.

As a moderator, I always thought it was refreshing that you actually did become involved in some discussions and arguments, surprised in some instances where it would have been closed earlier. In some instances, your involvement actually allowed for some (in my opinion) to continue and run their course, even to a natural conclusion which reduced the risk of it flaring up again.

My own stance behind some arguments and discussions is simple. In most instances, this is the internet (although it applies offline too), and those who disagree with me, have no bearing on my life and if they cannot change my mind, or me theirs, it means nothing to me. And I will not let it affect my life. I hope you will take this, to some, cold comment to heart in some form, as I, Darcydog, MGJohn, or anyone else 'do not pay your bills', so in reality we do not and should not matter.

Health and your family must comes first, and regardless of what you may think of my opinions or thoughts, I do wish you well and good health in the future.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 20th August 2021 at 17:32..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2021, 19:05   #19
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Thank you Simondi for your effort, help and guidence. I wish you good health, joy and peace and really hope you can enjoy this fantastic club with a huge majority of good people very very soon again.
Old 20th August 2021, 19:10   #20
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive View Post
Sorry to read this Simon, it's sad that it has come to the point where it is affecting you in such a way. Time for the guys above to step up in my opinion before it's too late. If it wasn't for the friends I have made through the forum I would no doubt have left by now as it certainly isn't what it used to or was meant to be anymore.
Hopefully catch up with you sometime in the near future.

Steve.
This is exactly how I feel too I don't blame you Simon, been there and all that. Take care, I'm sure we'll meet sometime again
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote