Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th July 2021, 21:02   #201
MDMH757
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Evening All,

Just wanted to say thanks to Dave Lincs & Ricardo (and anybody I missed) for putting this meet on, was well worth the 308 miles round trip from lancashire.... Slept like a baby last night... This was my 1st time in Lincolnshire! was surprised how quiet the roads were on the way down....(and the 1st Rover I saw was a Rover 95 I followed for the last 7/8 miles) I did have a great time, Lancaster was awesome and the weather wasn't too bad after all.....

It was good to put faces to Forum Names, I was parked between Rev Jules & Ched (Sorry don't know your names) In the Ski Blue 75 Tourer. Apologies for leaving before the presentation, (left about 2.15) wanted to get back at reasonable hour!

Thanks for a great day!

Maurice
MDMH757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2021, 21:07   #202
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMH757 View Post
Evening All,

Just wanted to say thanks to Dave Lincs & Ricardo (and anybody I missed) for putting this meet on, was well worth the 308 miles round trip from lancashire.... Slept like a baby last night... This was my 1st time in Lincolnshire! was surprised how quiet the roads were on the way down....(and the 1st Rover I saw was a Rover 95 I followed for the last 7/8 miles) I did have a great time, Lancaster was awesome and the weather wasn't too bad after all.....

It was good to put faces to Forum Names, I was parked between Rev Jules & Ched (Sorry don't know your names) In the Ski Blue 75 Tourer. Apologies for leaving before the presentation, (left about 2.15) wanted to get back at reasonable hour!

Thanks for a great day!

Maurice
Glad you had a great day Maurice hope we will see you again soon
dave lincs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2021, 21:44   #203
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMH757 View Post
Evening All,

Thanks for a great day!

Maurice

Pleased to meet you Maurice, Julien and Dawn (Rev Jules)

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2021, 22:48   #204
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

First off,apologies for the late posting regarding this event,on behalf of Myself,Jan,Bri & Linda,would like to add what a brilliant venue this is, absolutely fantastic setting for our cars.

Sincere thanks to the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre East Kirkby for supplying the venue for us to attend, very much appreciated by all,many thanks once again.

We would like to pay a special thank you to the following;

Dave Lincs....for his superb organisation with the Aviation Centre thus allowing us all to attend culminating in a truly fantastic day, with the icing on the cake,arranging for us to have the photoshoot of our cars under the Avro Lancaster Bomber [Just Jane]something very special & personal to me in memory of my Farther being associated with the R.A.F. as Volunteer Reserve [Rear Gunner]many thanks for this Dave very much appreciated.

ricardo65.....For arranging through our Club enabling for us to sign up for this event,also with the arrangements & presentation of the Barry Pitts Memorial Trophy, With Dawn being a very worthy winner, well done Dawn,many thanks Rich for all you did very much appreciated.

Elroy.....Not forgetting Roy for helping out with parking arrangements & general help ensuring we all had a great day, many thanks Roy very much Appreciated.

Last but nowhere near least,a great big sincere thank you to all our old Friends we haven,t seen for what seems a lifetime trikey & Debs [Great to see Debs out & about again after all she has been through, lovely to see you Darl, you too Andy.

Derek,Gloria,[many thanks for the oil filters mate]Steve & Diane, Julien & Dawn, Roy [Maxi Crawf] Ted [Whitegold] hope your coming along nicely mate take care, Andy [Happy Wanderer] for our all to brief chat & not forgetting our old mate Marinabrian,good to see you again Brian been far too long.

Anyone I have missed out, please forgive me my writing arm is aching,without you all these meets would not be the same, so many thanks to you all for attending.

I will finish off with some pics of a very special & memorable day, again please forgive me if I didn't get around all the cars,spent too long around the [Lanc] in the meantime many thanks once again everyone, please take care hope to see you all again sooner rather than later.

Old 23rd July 2021, 06:38   #205
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Bluejon I'm really pleased you all had a great time and the pictures are great hopefully you will post a few more soon
I will get another East kirkby meet arranged for next year if other members are interested?
Old 23rd July 2021, 06:40   #206
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lincs View Post
Bluejon I'm really pleased you all had a great time and the pictures are great hopefully you will post a few more soon
I will get another East kirkby meet arranged for next year if other members are interested?
I will definitely be attending next year with Banana.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 06:48   #207
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I will definitely be attending next year with Banana.
That would be good Bob if you make the next East kirkby event in the now fixed banana
Old 23rd July 2021, 08:48   #208
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

Bluejon glad you all had a good day great to see you all just not enough time in the day have to agree Dave lincy was the perfect host for one of the best meets on the calendar hopefully do it all again next year catch up with you all soon take care

Sent from my VFD 730 using Tapatalk

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 17:17   #209
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Definitely do another! 😃
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 20:25   #210
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
I would be very interested. Couldn't come this year due to a clash of events.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote