Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th July 2020, 17:26   #41
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Very sad to hear this news. A huge loss to the forum. Brian is not only a font of knowledge for pretty much all things R40, he went the extra mile and then some to help fellow owners out on a regular basis. And that includes me, for which I am very much grateful.

On top of that a really nice bloke, and enjoyable company. If only he lived a bit nearer.
Old 12th July 2020, 19:31   #42
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Still none the wiser as to what triggered any issue.
As some one has said “its a car club” a place where we share information, have differences of opinions, make friends, enjoy stories and try to help each other keep a car we all love going.
Yes there has to be some rules but really, like any public forum you should not get removed for a difference of opinion.
Unless you live in china that is 😀
Old 12th July 2020, 20:04   #43
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
Still none the wiser as to what triggered any issue.
As some one has said “its a car club” a place where we share information, have differences of opinions, make friends, enjoy stories and try to help each other keep a car we all love going.
Yes there has to be some rules but really, like any public forum you should not get removed for a difference of opinion.
Unless you live in china that is 😀
It doesn't matter why or who it's one man's decision to move on and we all should respect that.
Old 12th July 2020, 20:14   #44
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I think that this site thrives because it is much more then a car forum for some. Passion for both the cars and personal views/experience on all things in life have all had a place in the club's success. Anyone can change their mind, hands up that person who has never done so? It would be nice and I think beneficial to the club if a period of grace for some reflection was granted in these situations, even if belatedly on something like an 11th hour thread which I have posted of before. To me this site has lost too many of its stalwarts already to situations where passion might have been mistaken for malice in the heat of the moment.

This club needs the likes of Brian. He hasn't flounced off, he is passionate and this needs to be considered.
Old 12th July 2020, 20:48   #45
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Seems to be a lot of speculation about Brian's decision, the conspiracy theories about behind the scenes disagreements etc, perhaps he's just tired of the marque, of carrying the burden for all of us and wants his life back to spend quality time with Chris and the family Nothing sinister happened, he's just a daft Geordie
Thankfully, he's up the road, but I'll leave him alone for now
Old 12th July 2020, 22:15   #46
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Can't think of a lot more to say that hasn't already been said, except Jan & I would like to add our respect, admiration & much appreciation to Brian for all he has done for this Club,it's countless Members [including us 2]over the years,which will be greatly missed by all.

We both sincerely thank you so much for work you have done for us personally,the enormous amount of knowledge we have gained from you has been invaluable,hopefully your ready Geordy wit & banter will not be lost to us altogether & trust we may be able to meet up again in the not too distant.

Take care in all you do mate,regards to Chris & the Family.

All the Best.....John & Jan.
Old 13th July 2020, 06:35   #47
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

It's about time he knocked it on the head, I wish him well.
Old 13th July 2020, 10:07   #48
DRWMGTF
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur, Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Seems to be a lot of speculation about Brian's decision, the conspiracy theories about behind the scenes disagreements etc, perhaps he's just tired of the marque, of carrying the burden for all of us and wants his life back to spend quality time with Chris and the family Nothing sinister happened, he's just a daft Geordie
Thankfully, he's up the road, but I'll leave him alone for now
Morning all,
Nowt wrong with a "Daft Geordie" and certainly not in Brian's case.
Regards David
Old 13th July 2020, 10:09   #49
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

hey, if its brian’s choice to move on re the club or change car brands i wish him all the best and thank him for all his help.
If it is because of some senseless issue between members etc however it would be a shame it would result in this.
Old 13th July 2020, 10:12   #50
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Very sad to hear this news. A huge loss to the forum. Brian is not only a font of knowledge for pretty much all things R40, he went the extra mile and then some to help fellow owners out on a regular basis. And that includes me, for which I am very much grateful.

On top of that a really nice bloke, and enjoyable company. If only he lived a bit nearer.
I wish that as well!

As I have been having issues with getting any work done, can't get any help at all, only from people I have never met, says it all really.

I use my local garage, the owner is my friend but they are a business which I respect.

Maybe I should buy a Ford instead , off to wash my mouth out with soap.
Closed Thread