Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th March 2020, 12:20   #31
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Classic Motor Services (CMS) will convert any car to run on E10 for £710 (article in this weeks' Classic Car Weekly). I shall wait and see what develops.
No doubt that this will generate a lot of profit for some!
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2020, 14:18   #32
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Once again we come to the old question:- why do all these upgrades, changes to fuel etc, have to cost more money? I will tell you why. Because we all put up with the rubbish that’s comes from every direction to screw you for more money. They say money is the root of all evil, and certainly the older I get, I can see what is ment.E10:- according to what I have read, it evaporates quicker than petrol or derv, which equals less mpg. Now that’s going to make someone who supplies the rubbish a lot more money than a gallon of either diesel or petrol. A new replacement parts system will spring up to replace/ mend the damage it will do to anyone with an older vehicle. Or better still, you will be forced to buy an EV in place of your present car. Who knows what the ‘brains’ are thinking up to screw us all with.
Old 15th March 2020, 15:34   #33
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
... The problem is if your vehicle was built before 2002 then your advised not to use it. ...
I wonder who decided 2002 was the 'cut-off' year. The RAC mentions it but doesn't say why that particular year was chosen. https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/e...it-affect-you/

Maybe all fuel pipes & hoses made before midnight on 31/12/01 will dissolve in E10 fuel and all fuel pipes & hoses made after midnight won't.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2020, 21:52   #34
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
I wonder who decided 2002 was the 'cut-off' year. The RAC mentions it but doesn't say why that particular year was chosen.
Exactly !
I suspect this is at best a rather vague generalisation
Certainly doesn't help us decide if we have a problem with our cars or not .
Old 16th March 2020, 10:26   #35
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Default Update For You!

Information is from Auto Express and emails I receive from MG Car Clubs.

This E10 Consultation from FBHVC is worth reading to start with.

On the ACEA Website they provide a PDF to download of all the makes of vehicles that cannot run on E10 fuel.

From everything that I have read about E10 I would take it that our cars cannot run on E10.

The alternative is to run our vehicles on Super Unleaded as that is the only E5 fuel that will be available!
Apparently this will be not impact on the owners due to cost because Super Unleaded is dearer, so I'm presuming that it will be at the same price as ordinary E5.
This is still in the Consultation process.

Last edited by Neil1; 16th March 2020 at 10:28.. Reason: Updating
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2020, 10:38   #36
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
Information is from Auto Express and emails I receive from MG Car Clubs.

This E10 Consultation from FBHVC is worth reading to start with.

On the ACEA Website they provide a PDF to download of all the makes of vehicles that cannot run on E10 fuel.

From everything that I have read about E10 I would take it that our cars cannot run on E10.

The alternative is to run our vehicles on Super Unleaded as that is the only E5 fuel that will be available!
Apparently this will be not impact on the owners due to cost because Super Unleaded is dearer, so I'm presuming that it will be at the same price as ordinary E5.
This is still in the Consultation process.
The Jaguar Land Rover section download on ACEA Website states that E10 can be used in all JLR engines starting from model year 1996. Presumably that includes all K series then?
Old 16th March 2020, 10:52   #37
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
The Jaguar Land Rover section download on ACEA Website states that E10 can be used in all JLR engines starting from model year 1996. Presumably that includes all K series then?
I saw that but are you willing to try?

Because it can be an expensive mistake if your are wrong.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2020, 12:24   #38
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
One would assume that is so for the engine , but what about the various gadgets in the fuel tank , and the delivery hoses ?
Old 16th March 2020, 14:29   #39
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
One would assume that is so for the engine , but what about the various gadgets in the fuel tank , and the delivery hoses ?
Surely if ACEA members use phrases like "all models" and "all vehicles", they're referring to the whole fuel system and not just the engine itself.

Our in-tank fuel pumps appear to be made by BMW (pic) and the BMW section of the ACEA download says: All petrol engine BMW models are cleared for the use of E10 petrol regardless of their year of manufacture. ...

Land Rover section says: E10 petrol is cleared for use in all Land Rover vehicles with petrol engines starting from model year 1996. This must include the KV6 because it was used in Discovery models from 2001 to 2006.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2020, 22:33   #40
Aikie

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Saloon Spectre

Default Maybe former technicians know ...

Dear all,

This is a big discussion going on. Maybe former technicians from the MG-Rover company can definitely clear this issue. Anybody who know former technicians? KMaps maybe knows former collegues who can clear this?

I have a strong feeling that where the Rover 25 was originally developed during the cooperation with Honda and the Rover 75 was developed guided by BMW (using a lot of parts also used by BMW and Landrover) it should not be a problem. But knowing is better than guessing.

Kind regards
Aikie is offline   Reply With Quote