Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th January 2020, 13:24   #441
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Strange...................

..................................... phone call I received yesterday from the estate agents that Sold my flat back in Barkingside last year. It would seem that I had overpaid them there fees. Their accountant had been checking up the various sales and noticed that I had overpaid by £350. So they wanted my bank details, which I emailed through, after checking that this was a genuine call. So many scams going on out there.

Checked my account this morning and sure enough the £350 has been paid in. Also a email has come through confirming the payment. So that has paid for Banana’s MOT, service and a tank of Banana juice.
Nice to know there are some very honest estate agents out there.
The weather is absolutely gorgeous today after the horrendous storms we have had over the last week.
So Banana and the Bear got a wash this morning.

I cannot believe how happy I’m feeling, not only about the money bonus, but in general. Last time I felt this happy was when I married my Val. Still miss her everyday. I often chat to her, asking her advice. Telling her how much I love her, and wishing she was still with me in body. I know she is still here in spirit.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2020, 13:27   #442
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

What a nice little surprise!
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2020, 20:40   #443
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Been watching a Master Craftsman................

...........................................at work today. Allen has started on the extension of the kitchen unit, been working on his boat a lot, again. Absolutely amazing on how precise all the joints are and all done by line of sight. Although it was cold in the garage, well I was cold, Allen cracked on making the legs to fit the table top.
We had a slight hiccup when he cut the legs. They were both different, we bought them ready made but we had not noticed that they were both slightly different.

And after trimming them they were even more different. But Allen got round that by just making new legs out of the extra wood we had. And he even made use of one of the odd legs to act as a brace between the legs. Allen was using a super dooper glue that goes off in less than 30 minutes whatever the weather. I played my part by handling the correct tools, and making the hot drinks.

The table is now in place, glued and screwed into place. My job tomorrow is to use the wood filler, sanding and painting the table. Might as well whilst the weather is a bit grim.
Banana has gone back to the car restorations to have a few issues sorted, so down to one car. But am looking at getting another car as a runaround. Mind you the last time I wanted a runaround I ended buying the Bear. So who knows what I’ll end up with. There is a garage in Mousehole that had a nice little Rover For Sale. So might be a road trip coming up.

Only been in Saltash A shade over 19 months, and have only just found out where the local DIY store is. I’ve been travelling over the bridge into the dark side to go to either B&Q’s or Homebase. Again thanks to Allen I now know where this DIY store is, opposite a supermarket I occasionally use.
The plumber is coming in on February 12th, to take the bath out, probably to the pictures, and put me a new shower cubicle in. Looking forward to that. Then that will be the last job to be done in the house.
Now I can start on the gardens and get them how I want them.

Plus the car show season is starting on February 9th for us, with Banana being on display, by invitation, at the Triumph & MG Spares day at Stoneleigh Park. Will go up on the 8th and stay with my friend Jan, she lives about 10 miles from the Park.
Then the following weekend I’m away again to a gin tasting weekend with my friends from Kent.
Next trip to London will be in March, it will be for my brother-in-laws 70th birthday.

onen hag oll
Old 11th February 2020, 15:06   #444
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Next stage starts tomorrow...................

........................................... on getting the house to how I want it. Plumber is coming in tomorrow to start on the bathroom. The bath is coming out and a shower tray going in. Complete with new side panels. We have gone for a light colour, bathroom has to be light. Got a new LED light going in as well. Got a two stage one at the moment, well that’s what seems to be to me. You pull the string, the light comes on but dim, then it brightens up.
So the plumber popped in today and removed the bath side panel. He just wanted to see how the bath was fitted plus where the inward and outward water supply was.

The breakfast bar has had 3 coats of wood stain on. Just needs rubbing down and some yacht varnish applied. Goes for the TV unit as well. Once that is all done then I can start on the garden proper like, if the weather allows me to. Need to get the floor down in the greenhouse then I can sort the garage out.

So the 8 months, as of last Saturday, have flown by. Last weekend was my first time away since last September. Away again next weekend. Then up to London next month. Not really bothered about going back to London but it is my brother in law’s birthday and I did say I would go up to see him.
Hopefully I’ll find out the date when my niece is getting married.
Still waiting on what my god son left me in his will. Seems that his ex-wife has objected to the bequests. Although technically she has no right to intervene it is still on hold.

Just renewed the car insurance on both cars. New shower unit being fitted. The Bear wants rear tyres and a service. Going to be a very expensive month. But worth every penny.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 11th February 2020 at 15:07.. Reason: Additional information
Old 19th February 2020, 06:53   #445
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Now I can be fussy..................

..................................... so and so at times. If I’ve paid a lot of money for something and it’s not up to my liking or how it should be, then I’m complain, and complain till it is put right. (a bit like the ongoing disagreement I’m having with AM Restorations concerning Banana’s paintwork, but that’s another story).

But on occasions if something is wrong then I’ll let it go, if it is a small issue. Let sleeping dogs lie, as the saying goes.
So with many false starts concerning my bathroom shower installation, I was starting to get annoyed with the various plumbers who promised to come round and give me a estimate. None of them bothered to show up or give any reason why.

Then my friend Debbie gave me the name of the plumber who was fitting a wet room in her bungalow. She was really impressed with his work. So why not? Everything else had failed, so far.
Duncan phoned me and arranged a day and time to come and have a look. And he turned up on the day at the right time. I told him what I wanted. So after measuring up and telling me the various options we settled on a deal. He would email me a quote through.
That came through after 3 days. Yup! I was happy with the estimate, he had broken it down into sections. This was the final quote if he had any extra work he would swallow the cost within reason. Seemed ok to me.

I asked if he wanted a deposit up front but he said no that would not be needed for such a small job. Complete bathroom makeover then yes to a deposit. So if everything ordered and a date set for the work to start. Here we hit a stumbling block as the shower tray had yet to be delivered. Job was due to start on the 12th February but actually got started on the 13th.
The bath was an absolute pig to remove. Andrew who had installed it, previous house owner and remember he works for Princess Yachts, so it had been put in with additional anchor points, as you would on a luxury yacht.

Each day Duncan was here he made sure that I had full access to every part of my house. He put dust sheets down on all the carpet areas including the stairs. If I needed the loo then I only had to say and he would go and sit in his van. Each day as he packed up the dust sheets were folded up and taken out front to be shaken. Then he would come back in and vacuum everywhere he had worked. He also took any rubbish away. So it was not untidy. The only things he left behind each day was one tool box, the vacuum cleaner and any panels that still needed to be fitted.

And now I have the most amazing shower installation done. Blooming lovely it is as well. Duncan also fitted me a LED ceiling light to replace the dull yellow light. Oh! My! How bright it is. Only after he had finished, and that I was happy, would he take payment. A cheque would be fine, and with a receipt given he was gone. But before he went he said that he would pop back next week to check that everything was ok and to my liking. And I like very much.
No more climbing over the bath to have shower, no more catching my foot on the side.

So if you need a plumber, and you live in Cornwall/Devon or Somerset then I can highly recommend Duncan. Pm me for his phone number.

Thanks for reading. I’ll post some pictures up later on.

onen hag oll
Old 19th February 2020, 10:27   #446
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool A few photo's........................................

.......................................... from the bathroom conversion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4158.jpg (135.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4171.jpg (137.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4179.jpg (138.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4222.jpg (133.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4223.jpg (128.5 KB, 29 views)

onen hag oll
Old 19th February 2020, 10:47   #447
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Looks a very nice and neat job done there.

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2020, 13:03   #448
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Expensive month..........

................................ what with the shower conversion. Collected the Bear from the garage where she had a full service including new brakes, I supplied the disc’s. They said that I needed new rear tyres, which I have ordered from a family run tyre company here in Saltash. Then on the way home the fuel light came on, I knew it was low. So that was another £70 to fill up.

Got Banana going in on Tuesday to have the drivers side window sorted out. Window goes down ok but comes up in fits and starts.
Going to need a new bannister rail in the house, currently do not have one.
The breakfast bar extension, and the tv unit, is having yacht varnish applied. Luckily the varnish has been supplied by Allen, so no cost there then.

Just the garden to have some clematis planted and a new floor to go down in the greenhouse. Then I’ll be spent out. My credit card is on oxygen at the moment. Still you cannot take it with you.

Going through some paperwork on the Bear and have only just noticed on the date it was first sold on, to the first owner, and that is the 19th December same day as my birthday. So it was meant to be to buy the Bear. Going through some old invoices on the car, and comparing prices from then to today. Some things appear to be cheaper theses days. The Bear has not cost me that much, compared with my first V8. Just routine servicing and tyres, although she was trailed up to Retro Lifestyle 2 years ago to have a New ECU fitted. In fact I spent more on Redfive in the 18 moths I had the car than I have spent on the Bear in 4 years.

We don’t speak on how much has been spent on Banana in the 10 years of ownership but I reckon I could have had a brand new Aston Martin, second home in Monaco, own a private jet and do my shopping in Harrods.
But I’ll love the car so much I would probably sell a kidney to keep her on the road.

onen hag oll
Old 21st February 2020, 19:33   #449
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool ..................and not forgetting

........................ paying out for the car insurance renewal for both cars. Still £604 for both cannot be bad seeing as one insurance company quoted me over £6k for the first year of ownership on the Bear.

Looked up on the cars history, through the supplied paperwork, the first time the car was insured by the first owner was £800 in 2005.
The next mega spend will be for Bananas road tax in May.

Thanks for reading.

onen hag oll
Old 26th February 2020, 21:12   #450
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
........................ paying out for the car insurance renewal for both cars. Still £604 for both cannot be bad seeing as one insurance company quoted me over £6k for the first year of ownership on the Bear.

Looked up on the cars history, through the supplied paperwork, the first time the car was insured by the first owner was £800 in 2005.
The next mega spend will be for Bananas road tax in May.

Thanks for reading.
That seems a lot money.
I only pay £171 for mine, full comp + protected.

But what I do is set aside about 3 hours and do a brand new quote on each of the Comparison sites.
Open each one in a new tab it's amazing how the prices alter over a 3 hour time period.
Then pick what seems to be the best and pay.
I never add any extra's apart from have protected bonus.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote