Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th November 2019, 13:22   #1
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts
Default Life’s downs and ups with a ZT-T

Had a lot of fun over the summer finally stripping down the front of the ZTT to replace bits that had stopped working.

The fan now works

As does the A/C with its new condenser.

And today - the replacement FBH fired up with no issues and within a fraction of the time, compared to last year when the FBH wouldn’t fire up - I was sitting in a car with a working heater/demister. Bliss.

I was well pleased - many thanks again to Spyder who fitted the previous one - testament to his skill that the very simple job of substituting one FBH for another went so well !!

A couple of downs are still there - the interior lights still don’t work after my work over the summer. Nor does the headlamp leveller.

And nothing to do with the ZTT itself - the Naval Star unit is still a huge disappointment - especially now the Sat Nav function has self destructed.

But overall - still positive.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 13:21   #2
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

The aircon is one of the things that I have to get sorted as it doesn't work at all, never has in my ownership.

I wanted to change from aircon to climate but it's not an easy job to do.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 22:44   #3
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
The aircon is one of the things that I have to get sorted as it doesn't work at all, never has in my ownership.

I wanted to change from aircon to climate but it's not an easy job to do.
If you have the wonderfully simple a/c with dials - I strongly recommend you keep what I consider to be a far safer system.

The simple A/C system which you can set by feel without taking your eyes off the road is a safer and therefore better system IMO.

I had the dial system in my old Discovery and I could use it easily and safely on the move without taking my eyes off the road.

Sadly I cannot say the same for the ZTT with its Climate Control panel that is so small it really requires you to pull over and stop to adjust anything.
Old 16th November 2019, 07:43   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Nice to work through the problems sorting them out as you go and even better when your work results in a working fix. The FBH on a diesel is such a brilliant add on.
What was wrong with the old FBH?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 08:50   #5
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Nice to work through the problems sorting them out as you go and even better when your work results in a working fix. The FBH on a diesel is such a brilliant add on.
What was wrong with the old FBH?

macafee2
Not sure as yet Ian - I didn’t Service it before Spyder and I fitted it a couple of years ago - it worked fine initially then would not fire up - just produced amazing amounts of white diesel smoke

Which whilst incredibly impressive - it was not what I wanted. Then a fully reconditioned one appeared on here - including the PCB issue - so I bought that.

I will strip the old one down over the winter and sort it.

I will also strip the fan motor down as well with a view to replacing the brushes and holding it as a spare.

Right now tho’ - I have manually adjusted the lights to point ahead not straight down!! And plan to get the auto levelling/adjuster wheel working again alongside the interior lights.

I’m sure both are a simple fix but what with lousy weather and my having a new job (retirement?? What’s that......) - I never have the time.
Old 17th November 2019, 17:56   #6
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
If you have the wonderfully simple a/c with dials - I strongly recommend you keep what I consider to be a far safer system.

The simple A/C system which you can set by feel without taking your eyes off the road is a safer and therefore better system IMO.

I had the dial system in my old Discovery and I could use it easily and safely on the move without taking my eyes off the road.

Sadly I cannot say the same for the ZTT with its Climate Control panel that is so small it really requires you to pull over and stop to adjust anything.
I set mine and leave.

With Climate you can make additional adjustments then leave.
I always had demist and warm air to feet and leave it like that for Winter.

In Summer time would turn the temp down to cool.

I haven't got an FBH.

Last edited by Neil1; 17th November 2019 at 17:58.. Reason: Added more
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 22:58   #7
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Freezing fog tonight. Wish my FBH worked. It never has, in the 2 years I've had the car. Are they just supposed to fire up when it gets cold enough and you turn the ignition key? (2001 CDT).
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote