Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd October 2016, 15:04   #1
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

04 MG ZT+ 190 XPG & 99 (T) Dealer Launch 75 V6 Connie Auto

Default Navall 3 questions

I recently acquired a Navall 3 unit that had a broken screen. I replaced the screen with one supplied via Sean/Jeff. All is now installed and working great.

However, I have a couple of issues/questions and would appreciate some members input.

1. I cannot connect via bluetooth as the code "0000" suggested in the manual does not work, neither does "1234".

2. How do I change the boot animation. (Not the rover logo etc) but the animation itself, or turn it off?

3. How do I go about screen mirroring preferably without the use of a cable.

Thanks in advance.

Upgrades/Mods so far:
Custom Angel Eye DRL's, MG7 Rear lights, Custom Door Cards, MGR Plates, Red Alcantara Seats, Black Oak Dash, Powerflex bushes, Plenum Spy Mod, Rear Light Seals, 5000K HID Kit, Navall 3 DD, Blue LED Conversion, Custom badges, Union badges, Flip key. Working on more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by daznkel; 3rd October 2016 at 15:08..
daznkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 18:18   #2
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

First time linking up via bluetooth is a pita. Double check your phone is 'visible' then with bluetooth on the nav3 switched on, click search on ya phone. I found that searching via the nav3 it wouldnt connect to anything.
Codes;

Boot animation as far as I'm aware is unchangeable

No idea about screen mirroring, I'd guess at needing to download an app from the play store.
Old 3rd October 2016, 23:11   #3
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi90 View Post
First time linking up via bluetooth is a pita. Double check your phone is 'visible' then with bluetooth on the nav3 switched on, click search on ya phone. I found that searching via the nav3 it wouldnt connect to anything.
Codes;
Tonight I had another crack at it, checked the S4 is "visible", searched for the Navall 3 and it came up as "yy" tried to connect using the codes above and it failed every time.
I then factory reset the Navall 3 and tried again, this time it appeared as "Blue" something, I forget exactly what it was, but again no code worked to pair with the S4.
I also tried pairing from the Navall 3 menus, also with no joy!

I have tried each method/numbers several times, before and after the factory reset.

Any other ideas anyone?

Upgrades/Mods so far:
Custom Angel Eye DRL's, MG7 Rear lights, Custom Door Cards, MGR Plates, Red Alcantara Seats, Black Oak Dash, Powerflex bushes, Plenum Spy Mod, Rear Light Seals, 5000K HID Kit, Navall 3 DD, Blue LED Conversion, Custom badges, Union badges, Flip key. Working on more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 3rd October 2016, 23:59   #4
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

Further to my post above, I have read comments that the bluetooth name and pairing code can be changed on earlier Navall units. Is this still the case with the Navall 3?

Upgrades/Mods so far:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 4th October 2016, 23:04   #5
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

Well today I had another go at it.

After much fiddling around and pretty much getting the same results as above.
I decided that I would power off the Navall 3 (Using the left knob) and reboot my S4, after allowing the phone to reboot, I turned on the NA3, et voila!
Successfully paired without either device even asking me to enter a pin code.

Also found that you can change the bluetooth device name on the NA3;

Simply tap the Bluetooth app,
When it loads, hold the "Menu" Key in,
A Menu appears at the bottom of the screen. The furthest option to the right is "Dev Rename". Tap this and enter your desired name.
Pair with device.

Also found, when not paired, it is possible to display the bluetooth device name and pin code.

Tap the Bluetooth app,
When loaded, tap and hold any of the icons,
A message appears saying you are not connected to any device and displays the device name and code.

Furthermore also managed to tether the mobile and set it as a WiFi access point, to connect through the phone as a source of internet. (Parked too far from the house to access the home network). Downloaded and installed Torque Pro to have a play with.

Next on the agenda, Boot animation change. Then screen mirroring.

I cant stand the navallstore logo at the start of bootup, so that will be going asap. That's the good thing with running an Android OS, generally, there is always a way to do something you want to.

Upgrades/Mods so far:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 5th October 2016, 08:32   #6
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daznkel View Post
Well today I had another go at it.

After much fiddling around and pretty much getting the same results as above.
I decided that I would power off the Navall 3 (Using the left knob) and reboot my S4, after allowing the phone to reboot, I turned on the NA3, et voila!
Successfully paired without either device even asking me to enter a pin code.

Also found that you can change the bluetooth device name on the NA3;

Simply tap the Bluetooth app,
When it loads, hold the "Menu" Key in,
A Menu appears at the bottom of the screen. The furthest option to the right is "Dev Rename". Tap this and enter your desired name.
Pair with device.

Also found, when not paired, it is possible to display the bluetooth device name and pin code.

Tap the Bluetooth app,
When loaded, tap and hold any of the icons,
A message appears saying you are not connected to any device and displays the device name and code.

Furthermore also managed to tether the mobile and set it as a WiFi access point, to connect through the phone as a source of internet. (Parked too far from the house to access the home network). Downloaded and installed Torque Pro to have a play with.

Next on the agenda, Boot animation change. Then screen mirroring.

I cant stand the navallstore logo at the start of bootup, so that will be going asap. That's the good thing with running an Android OS, generally, there is always a way to do something you want to.
There are lot`s of Apps that can help with Bluetooth, I use the first one on the link.
https://play.google.com/store/search...uetooth&c=apps
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018, 11:22   #7
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

Just an update for clarity on the matter of Bluetooth pairing with the Navall 3.

If you put the Navall 3 into "Aux" mode, then pair with it by scanning for "Blueaudio" and enter the pin "0000". Works every time when initially pairing your device.

Upgrades/Mods so far:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]