Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th February 2017, 11:42   #31
peelaaa
Posted a thing or two

75 cdti 2004 contemporary

Quote:
Originally Posted by daznkel View Post
Peelaa (Ian), I fear, as I experienced, impending failure of the slave.

My experience is HERE

However, It is rarely required to change the DMF, unless it is measured out of spec.
Hi, from reading that thread, are you saying that the increased pressure from the tazu master can cause the slave to fail. So he only way around this is to fit the metal slave from tazu.

If that is the case, who stocks them other than tazu?

I see dmgrs has metal and LUK slaves, whats the difference?

Last edited by peelaaa; 9th February 2017 at 11:44..
peelaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 13:17   #32
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelaaa View Post
Hi, from reading that thread, are you saying that the increased pressure from the tazu master can cause the slave to fail?
The pressure is decided by the diaphragm spring, so won't be anything to do with the master cylinder.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 17:46   #33
peelaaa
Posted a thing or two

75 cdti 2004 contemporary

The garages i have been to see here will only fit the parts they can source themselves. I mentioned borg and beck, tazu slave but they will only fit LUK. But i keep reading on here that the LUK stuff can fail quickly.

I know this is mainly a UK users site but can anyone recommend a mechanic in the republic of ireland or in northern ireland close to newry that will fit parts supplied by myself.
peelaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 18:12   #34
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelaaa View Post
The garages i have been to see here will only fit the parts they can source themselves. I mentioned borg and beck, tazu slave but they will only fit LUK. But i keep reading on here that the LUK stuff can fail quickly.

I know this is mainly a UK users site but can anyone recommend a mechanic in the republic of ireland or in northern ireland close to newry that will fit parts supplied by myself.
Ian

MarinaBrian on here speaks highly of the LUK Repset clutch kits for our cars - see here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/20174...8081070&crdt=0

There have been issues with cheap after market clutch parts being packaged and passed off as genuine LUK items, so some of the failures may have been down to cheap copy parts. If you can make sure that your garage buys a genuine LUK Repset kit, you may be fine. The Tazu metal slave cylinder is actually now available as a genuine MGRover replacement part - I do not know if XPart operates in Ireland, but you might be able to source one through whoever sells genuine MG Rover parts in Ireland.
I think the fitting technique can also affect how well a new clutch lasts and performs - ideally, the sub frame and gearbox should be completely removed, and the gearbox/flywheel cleaned up before the new clutch and slave cylinder is fitted with proper lubrication of the guide tube, input shaft splines and release bearing face. Not all garages/mechanics take the trouble to do this.

Good luck and keep us posted

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 20:14   #35
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

04 MG ZT+ 190 XPG & 99 (T) Dealer Launch 75 V6 Connie Auto

The LUK slave that failed in my car was a genuine one, supplied by Mat at DMGRS as that was deemed to be the best solution available at that time.

However, it did fail, and Mat honored the warranty claim and I then chose the Metal master. Originally only available from Tazu, then from DMGRS, has now been adopted by X-Part as an official MG Rover part now too. So it is the same part regardless of the source. However, just for the peace of mind, I would still order from DMGRS, personal preference.

Upgrades/Mods so far:
Custom Angel Eye DRL's, MG7 Rear lights, Custom Door Cards, MGR Plates, Red Alcantara Seats, Black Oak Dash, Powerflex bushes, Plenum Spy Mod, Rear Light Seals, 5000K HID Kit, Navall 3 DD, Blue LED Conversion, Custom badges, Union badges, Flip key. Working on more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
daznkel is offline   Reply With Quote