Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th November 2016, 12:57   #11
zeek
Regular poster

75 CDTi SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Price View Post

Now I have a choice of issuing either a County Court Judgement, (which I believe he can ignore) or go down the High Court Enforcement Officer route, but they then take a percentage of the award.

I just wondered if anyone had any experience of using either system, as I want to get this rolling tomorrow?
Have you contacted your former employer to chase payment? You can start by assuming non-payment is an oversight and politely but firmly ask for prompt payment to avoid enforcement.
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 13:16   #12
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

I've been doing some more research and I've found that as from April of this year (mine was May) there is now an on-line enforcement form I can complete, which gives them 28 days to pay and if they don't, they can be fined up to £5,000, so I may now use this route. But thanks to everyone that has posted replies.
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 14:09   #13
JoeMc
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 / BMW E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.mc.g View Post
I'd be interested to know which enforcement routes JoeMc used.
Simply using MCOL online... I had no further input apart from sending evidence etc
JoeMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 14:19   #14
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

From a75 owner friend of mine who doesn't post

He needs to go through the high court enforcement. Write the company a letter giving 7 days to pay and warn them you will go to the high court. You pay a set fee which will be passed on to the company so you don't lose. Only issue if they nose dive the company he will lose his £60 fee
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 14:10   #15
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Dont know if it is still the same now, but if you are owed more than £50, you could make them bankrupt. When they realise what is at stake, I think they will pay up. From past experience. Nod nod wink wink.
Old 25th November 2016, 15:46   #16
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
From a75 owner friend of mine who doesn't post

He needs to go through the high court enforcement. Write the company a letter giving 7 days to pay and warn them you will go to the high court. You pay a set fee which will be passed on to the company so you don't lose. Only issue if they nose dive the company he will lose his £60 fee
That is correct but make sure the 7 day notice letter is recorded and print out the signature once it has been received

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 18:00   #17
Bluedaz
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
To the best of my knowledge that's not strictly correct. The creditor has to pay a compliance fee of £75 +VAT (which is the aforementioned £90). All other fees (court, sherrif etc) are added to the amount initially owed and the debtor is responsible for paying those. If he coughs up then he's also liable for the initial £90 fee so you'll get that back as well. If he fails to pay then all you lose is the £90.

That's a very simplistic outline, so have a look at this which explains things in more detail.

http://thesheriffsoffice.com/high-co...ees-and-stages
your info is bang on that's how it works.
Bluedaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 19:52   #18
Davpil
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon, MGZT

Default Getting your money

As its a limited company have you considered serving a statutory demand under Sec 123 of the Insolvency Act. If you do, and you are still unpaid after the demand period expires then it would be rare indeed for it to risk you issuing a winding up petition as, if that occurred, his business would be likely to grind rapidly to a halt, bank account frozen etc. It costs nothing to download the form, fill it in and serve it by recorded delivery at the registered office address of the company. Follow that up by being a b nuisance and writing to the directors (details and addresses available free on line at Companies House) to tell them that you've served a stat demand and that they run the risk of being wound up. Of course, if they are already insolvent and just stringing the creditors along then you may get nowhere, but not many solvent companies will risk their business ceasing, and should quickly respond, especially if they are just being NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- minded about paying you because they lost !

Hope you get them ! Cheers. Davpil
Davpil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 21:26   #19
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

Well just to give everyone an update, I've gone down the route of the Employment Tribunal Penalty route and have emailed everything off today. That gives him 28 days to pay or be fined. If no response will be going the HCEO route and thanks for everyone's input.
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 21:57   #20
trimani
Passed Away

ROVER 75 V6 2Ltr 2001 AUTO / EMERALD MOTORBILITY SCOOTER

Hi Christopher,

In similar circumstances I had to resort to the County Court Bailiff to recover my losses. Pleased to say it worked.

trimani (ALF)
trimani is offline   Reply With Quote