Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th October 2016, 19:45   #11
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelaaa View Post
tazu 123456
That's a lot of tazus. Did they all fail?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2016, 19:58   #12
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

04 MG ZT+ 190 XPG & 99 (T) Dealer Launch 75 V6 Connie Auto

Metal slave for me every time!

Furthermore, to the best of my knowledge, Xpart and consequently Rimmers, adopted the Tazu Metal slave as their genuine MG Rover part, which you linked to earlier.

Upgrades/Mods so far:
Custom Angel Eye DRL's, MG7 Rear lights, Custom Door Cards, MGR Plates, Red Alcantara Seats, Black Oak Dash, Powerflex bushes, Plenum Spy Mod, Rear Light Seals, 5000K HID Kit, Navall 3 DD, Blue LED Conversion, Custom badges, Union badges, Flip key. Working on more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
daznkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 07:58   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by beinet1 View Post
OK. I guess a genuine MGR slave is LUK? Does the LUK cylinder have metal pipes? I like to skip the quick coupling and use a brake pipe union in the joint instead. I allready have a Tazy MK1 master fitted which has been working flawless since fitted 2,5 years ago.
I think I will go for the one from Rimmers: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-UUB100194
My understanding is as follows:

The MGR OEM slave was an AEP item with plastic pipes.

Later, the Luk became the sandard for our cars. It has a similar body to the OEM item and has metal pipework.

The item to which you have linked is neither of the above. It appears to be the Tazu part sold under the MGR name by X-Part. This is indicated by the description which states that it comes unfilled. As far as I am aware, only the Tazu M/C and S/C are delivered unfilled. Luk are prefilled.

In general, care is needed now as parts sold as "Genuine MGR" are not MGR OEM but those selected to be sold under the MGR name by current the owners/licensees of the name. So, technically and pedantically, they are not "Genuine MGR" parts but parts sold under the "Genuine MGR name".

Last edited by MSS; 15th October 2016 at 08:31..
Old 15th October 2016, 08:21   #14
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post

In general, care is needed now as parts sold as "Genuine MGR" are not MGR OEM but those selected to be sold under the MGR name by current the owners/licensees of the name. So, technically and pedantically, they are not "Genuine MGR" parts but parts sold under the "Genuine MGR name".

It is not dissimilar to torch batteries sold by many pound shops under famous brand names such as Sony, Panasonic, Mawell, Kodak etc.
What a terrible analogy.

The Taziu slave cylinder wasn't designed as a cheap copy of a quality product, but to improve on a cheaply manufactured OEM part that generally doesn't last anywhere near as long as it should.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 08:30   #15
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
What a terrible analogy.

The Taziu slave cylinder wasn't designed as a cheap copy of a quality product, but to improve on a cheaply manufactured OEM part that generally doesn't last anywhere near as long as it should.
I hadn't stated or implied that the battery brands were cheap copies. Just that they were sold under famous brand names.

But my comment removed nevertheless in order not to offend or mislead.

Last edited by MSS; 15th October 2016 at 08:33..
Old 15th October 2016, 08:42   #16
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

No worries - just the way I read it then.

I do believe that the Tazu slave is a genuine attempt at providing a more long lasting part though, and I hope it is - only a question of time before I'll be changing slave cylinders again.

At least I've got a good as new DMF from the scrapper to go in. My original was nearing the wear limits last time round.

Last edited by Mike Noc; 19th October 2016 at 22:23..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 09:04   #17
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Quote:

Later, the Luk became the sandard for our cars. It has a similar body to the OEM item and has metal pipework.

The item to which you have linked is neither of the above. It appears to be the Tazu part sold under the MGR name by X-Part. This is indicated by the description which states that it comes unfilled. As far as I am aware, only the Tazu M/C and S/C are delivered unfilled. Luk are prefilled.

The one I have linked to, is a slave with metal pipes and plastic body, refered to as a genuine MGR item. IF this is LUK or not, I have no idea.

As far as I understand, the best option would be the Tazu metal?? I can get that one directly from Tazu for £67 + shipping while the MGR item costs me £65 from Rimmers.

I have to order a few other items from Rimmers anyway, so it would be easiest to get the whole lot from one dealer to keep the shipping cost + import charges down.

Last edited by beinet1; 15th October 2016 at 09:07..
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 14:31   #18
vilas66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, CDTi Tourer, Saloon

Quote:

Good, detailed and clear !
Old 19th October 2016, 17:47   #19
350zwelgje
Avid contributor

75 KV6 2.5 3x Rover 75 CDT

If you want LUK with metal pipes, order the Freelander TD4 slave. Plastic was 75/ZT.
Now couple of thousand km with tazu metal slave (and metal master MK1 over 6000km) and all is fine. Nice clutch action.
Hope it will last, if not, the future slave will be a LUK with metal pipes....

Rob
Old 19th October 2016, 17:55   #20
eric27
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

I am driving now 71.000 km with a Tazu metal master MK1 and its feeling very good.

Eric.
eric27 is offline   Reply With Quote