Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st February 2015, 16:46   #61
ninaandphil
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Yes - let's add satnav with camera locations to the crusher qualifying criteria as well.

And thank you for the kind words.
Blimey.... there won't be anyone left
ninaandphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2015, 17:31   #62
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleplod View Post
I think the post was meant to be provocative. No sane person actually thinks like that. Apart from BRAKE....and they're all barmy.

Pete
I do.

We have a shortage of revenue vs expenditure leading to the government implementing austerity measures. The end result is people losing their jobs; having their lives ruined and the young having very little hope.

Why not be innovative in creating extra revenue thus preserving jobs. In the process it may save a few lives from anti-social drivers.

You know it makse sense really.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2015, 18:27   #63
milleplod
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Saloon

Quote:
I do.

We have a shortage of revenue vs expenditure leading to the government implementing austerity measures. The end result is people losing their jobs; having their lives ruined and the young having very little hope.

Why not be innovative in creating extra revenue thus preserving jobs. In the process it may save a few lives from anti-social drivers.

Nope, I'm not biting.

Never before, in the field of common sense, has speed enforcement been held up as a viable alternative to 'austerity measures'.

Pete
Old 21st February 2015, 18:31   #64
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyTaffy93 View Post
Just don't speed through managed motorway zones regardless of if the signs are on or off. Haha.

I don't

Proud owner of a clean licence despite doing 40k+ a year (thats jinxed it! I will get flashed tomorrow lol)

I was just saying, whats the point in painting a camera yellow that is hidden behind a gantry?
neilb740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2015, 19:15   #65
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Nope, I'm not biting.

Never before, in the field of common sense, has speed enforcement been held up as a viable alternative to 'austerity measures'.

Pete
Unfortunately common sense is usually based on what has been shown to work in the past.

That is why the economy is in a mess. The lack of recognition that the money to keep the country going has to come from somewhere, the lack innovative thinking and brave decisions.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2015, 19:32   #66
milleplod
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Saloon

Quote:
Unfortunately common sense is usually based on what has been shown to work in the past.

That is why the economy is in a mess. The lack of recognition that the money to keep the country going has to come from somewhere, the lack innovative thinking and brave decisions.

Now you mention it, I do seem to remember Milton Friedman (or was it Paul Krugman?) espousing the hammering of the motorist as a realistic means of counteracting fiscal austerity. I think the Greeks are going to give it a whirl.

Pete
Old 21st February 2015, 21:00   #67
Kyletrek
Gets stuck in

MG ZT saloon

I'm glad my sat nav shows speed cameras well in advance, and accident hotspots where a camera might be parked, has saved my licence a few times where road speed is a lot less than anticipated with no obvious signs to indicate speed.
Had a nice run to Skegness today from Doncaster and the A roads going and coming back were a good laugh, all at legal speeds of course.
Even had the odd overtake of a couple of tractors and people doing 35 on a 60 road. (Zt really showed how good it is at gathering speed quickly) Now there's the real idiots doing speeds that are far less than the permissible speed of the road on a perfectly clear day on straight roads, there the people who should have cars crushed not someone who is out enjoying a nice day on our excellent A roads and might stray over the speed limit
Just my 50p worth
Kyletrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2015, 21:17   #68
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/p...cle4358641.ece

Yeah....right, of course they will be.

They're all as bad as one another.

Pete
Hope this does not mean The Stealthy One will be outlawed!
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2015, 23:10   #69
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
I do.

Now that's really funny! Then I thought naïve. How many £30 fines will it take to safeguard 1 job I wonder. And just how much of that £30 will actually find it's way to funding an industrial and political revolution?
Old 21st February 2015, 23:32   #70
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyletrek View Post
I'm glad my sat nav shows speed cameras well in advance, and accident hotspots where a camera might be parked, has saved my licence a few times where road speed is a lot less than anticipated with no obvious signs to indicate speed.

Had a nice run to Skegness today from Doncaster and the A roads going and coming back were a good laugh, all at legal speeds of course.

Even had the odd overtake of a couple of tractors and people doing 35 on a 60 road. (Zt really showed how good it is at gathering speed quickly) Now there's the real idiots doing speeds that are far less than the permissible speed of the road on a perfectly clear day on straight roads, there the people who should have cars crushed not someone who is out enjoying a nice day on our excellent A roads and might stray over the speed limit

Just my 50p worth

I fail to see what's wrong with doing 35 on a 60mph road?? It just possibly could be considered dangerous on motorway, but then again if I was driving an older vehicle, or perhaps a very large vehicle, that might be my maximum speed.
It is not speed that causes accidents, either high or low, but impatience
I'm sorry, but the roads have to be shared by all road users, including pedestrians and cyclists and if 35mph makes you late for an appointment, than perhaps you should leave a bit earlier.
Polly is offline   Reply With Quote