Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd November 2014, 21:39   #21
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancar View Post
Ffs I give up on here its always the same its to good to scrap to me its not. I buy these cars to break to sell you lot the parts, you lot buy them so I keep buying them its that simple. To me its what keeps a roof over my kids heads and food in there bellies. What difference does it make what condition the car is in when I buy it. Cause you lot dont ask when you need parts, you dont go no wont buy that part as it came off a car to good to scrap. You could not give a toss as long as you get your part. I wont bother on this car cant be ***** with all the comment's if its that good someone else put there money where there mouth is. 😠
Don't get your knickers in a twist ya old tart
Plenty more where that came from.....
Anyway I thought you were shutting up shop etc etc etc, you're having more comebacks than Cher

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 22:21   #22
michael peters
Regular poster

rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
Recieved this in the Contact Us.

Hello,

I have a 2003 Rover 75 Classic owned from new by my late Uncle, the car has only 26000 miles on the clock and as executor of his estate I need to dispose of it.

The car has not been driven on the road since its MOT in May this year but the head gasket started to leak whilst in its garage a couple of months ago, there was no sign of this problem whilst it was on the road. The cam belt is also due for replacement.

EDIT -Its a 1.8 litre "K" series, hence the head gasket problem ! It is pale metallic blue with black cloth interior.

The car is far too good to scrap, I have not had any response to adverts so would appreciate if you could find a good home for it.

The car is located in West Parley near Ferndown in Dorset, if anyone is interested I can arrange viewing anytime, it is in a roomy dry garage where it has always been kept. I can be contacted on *********

I'm open to any offers but certainly not more than £500

Sincerely

Brian Waldrondron

If anyone is interested please register on this thread and I can PM you the telephone number

Just seen this. I would be very interested in having a look with a view to purchase.
michael peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 22:23   #23
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael peters View Post
Just seen this. I would be very interested in having a look with a view to purchase.
PM en-route

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 23:38   #24
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Op updated again

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 00:42   #25
kc13661
I really should get out more.......

Freelander Td4

Quote:
Ffs I give up on here its always the same its to good to scrap to me its not. I buy these cars to break to sell you lot the parts, you lot buy them so I keep buying them its that simple. To me its what keeps a roof over my kids heads and food in there bellies. What difference does it make what condition the car is in when I buy it. Cause you lot dont ask when you need parts, you dont go no wont buy that part as it came off a car to good to scrap. You could not give a toss as long as you get your part. I wont bother on this car cant be ***** with all the comment's if its that good someone else put there money where there mouth is. 😠
I hear what you're saying; amazing how many times people say a car is to good to scrap 'someone should save it' but that someone should always be someone else; I have only ever saved one, a member was trying to sell or it was going for scrap, I took the chance because it was dirt cheap, a week later and a new MOT and it had a new owner. But I would not make a habit of it, mainly because I don't have the spare resources to take the risks.
I have just bought a MG F for the missus, and straight away she decides she likes a particular interior... so I have bought a 2nd one with the said interior, but also knowing it is a donor car not only for hers but others that need parts.

Do I feel guilty? not ****** likely... needs must and thats the case with 'Seancar' needs must as in he has a business to run and clients to satisfy.. Keep up the good work.

Growing old is compulsory.... Growing up is Optional
kc13661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 06:35   #26
michael peters
Regular poster

rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
PM en-route
Thank you.
michael peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 07:29   #27
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Don't get your knickers in a twist ya old tart
Plenty more where that came from.....
Anyway I thought you were shutting up shop etc etc etc, you're having more comebacks than Cher

Brian
I am but I have a son who wants to take it over and run it. I have slowed right down. But I am going to help him where I can, thats what you do for family.
seancar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 08:05   #28
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
I am but I have a son who wants to take it over and run it. I have slowed right down. But I am going to help him where I can, thats what you do for family.
Hi Sean.
Why Oh! why,. do you take these tossers seriously you do what you must, if it pays your mortgage gives your family a holiday you go for it, you are not obliged to do anything or save any car, if gives you a profit so be it.
You have been fair to me in the past and I do appreciate it, if it was not for you breaking cars I would not have got the parts I needed.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 08:26   #29
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Calm down folks please, this thread is about the availability of a bargain to be had, not about the ethics of buying to break. We have many threads on that subject already. Back on topic please everyone, and be mindful of club rule 1 also.......

1. You should remain courteous and respectful to other users of the forums at all times. You may obviously not agree with some views but do not let it descend into arguments or abuse, either publicly or via the Private Messaging (PM) facility. If you consider a post to be offensive then you should report it, not take matters into your own hands.

Thanks.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 09:10   #30
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Always the same people whining yet wouldn't put their hand in pocket and 'save' it themselves.

Anyway, does it seem odd though that at only 26,000 miles its suffered a HGF ?

Could make a nice project but I suspect it will go the same way as all the others, keeping ours going.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote