Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd November 2014, 18:14   #1
Blofeld

MG ZT-T

Default Dashboard questions

Hi all, first post on the forums so please be gentle!

I have a 2002 MG ZT-T 2.5 V6.

I have an issue with the info display on the dashboard where there are lines through the LCD panel. I've searched for replacements but I can only seem to find ones that don't display the trip on the LCD, where as my current one does. Can anyone point me in the direction of the best place to find one?

I also want to know if it is possible to switch out the LCD or if I will need to replace the whole unit, in which case I have no clue how to load the current info into the new computer, eg: millage etc.

I am also looking for a din facia plate so I can change out the stereo unit for one of my choice. I'm debating whether to put in a stereo unit that I have, or splash out on something a bit fancier, either way I'll need a single or double din facia plate that will match the interior trim.

I'm sure now that I've found these forums I'll be looking for a million and one other things I can do to the car... but these few things will keep me busy for the moment!
Blofeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:22   #2
ninaandphil
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

Have a look for Klarzy, he posts very often and has a direct link to his own website. I think he does repairs to the LCD screen.... as for the facia plate, there are plenty on Ebay, I picked up a double Din for a few squid... they will all be black. You can get walnut adhesive covers which look good, try looking for walnut trim on here, you will find a link to Simon who supplied them from East Europe, but is very reliable, I have used him in the past.... or like my current MG, you can get out a tin of spray paint! ( Trophy Blue in my case)
ninaandphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:33   #3
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

HEY HO...

I can de line you for 25.00 + post (and ill throw in a digital MPH for free as you are a newbie...

You can visit me in Cambs or post your IPK if there is a week you are not using the car (4 day turn round....)..

I post back next day for 11.00 inc 100 insurance and signed for.

click my gig below for my other bits... (few pages of site inder review but most are there...
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:34   #4
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts
Default Dashboard question

Welcome to the club and site.
The lines problem is a problem that can be sorted, but the future of these is unknown in reality. No longer available seems to be the answer, and repairs are a fairly new thing. The ribbon strip that supplies info to the screen either break down, or de laminate from their contacts to the screen itself. The contacts are micro small and in my opinion are impossible to reconnect to a standard where they will work to any real timeframe.
As far as switching out for a replacement unit, our T4 guys can advise on virginising and doing their stuff to re-commission the unit.
Hope this helps, and hope you enjoy being part of this club.
Cheers John.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:38   #5
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post
Welcome to the club and site.
The lines problem is a problem that can be sorted, but the future of these is unknown in reality. No longer available seems to be the answer, and repairs are a fairly new thing. The ribbon strip that supplies info to the screen either break down, or de laminate from their contacts to the screen itself. The contacts are micro small and in my opinion are impossible to reconnect to a standard where they will work to any real timeframe.
As far as switching out for a replacement unit, our T4 guys can advise on virginising and doing their stuff to re-commission the unit.
Hope this helps, and hope you enjoy being part of this club.
Cheers John.
Have faith John... I can not be fairer than saying no clear screen no fee and a 3 month guarantee... I have one in my car which is 6 months with no issue and counting + my fix is 1/3 of the price of an ebay one and you still need to get them t4'd...
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:44   #6
Paulym
Loves to post

Rover 2.5V6 Connie SE (White Gold)

Default Had mine done

Hi there

Klarzy spent a little time on mine and indeed a result. As stated the contacts break down and the result is the lines you are experiencing.

I would certainly recommend him to you just a matter iof getting an agreement of how you are going to tie up.

ATB

Boot Release Mod
Walnut trims, Tail Light Seals & Torpedoes
T4 Health check done (Thanks Mr T4 )
Real Walnut Dash (Thanks Paul D)
Power Folds (one down one to go)
Timing Belts Pump and Matrix Replaced (Phil T4)
Bonnet release mod (Thanks Paul D)
IPK De-lined (Thanks klarzy)
New wheels (Thanks Paul D)
Compensator, LED bulbs ABS Sensor and more(Thanks John H)
Projectors (Thanks Paul D)
Puddle light LED Strips

Mods to do:

Rear Spoiler?
Paulym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 19:17   #7
Blofeld

MG ZT-T

Thanks for the replies guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
HEY HO...

I can de line you for 25.00 + post (and ill throw in a digital MPH for free as you are a newbie...

You can visit me in Cambs or post your IPK if there is a week you are not using the car (4 day turn round....)..

I post back next day for 11.00 inc 100 insurance and signed for.

click my gig below for my other bits... (few pages of site inder review but most are there...
That's awesome... just the person I'm looking for.
Tbh, I'll be hard pushed to find a week not using the car, I'll check out your website. I gather you provide complete new/refurb units? This might be an easier option for me.
Do you have an email I could contact you on, or perhaps there's a contact one on your website?
Old 3rd November 2014, 19:21   #8
Paulym
Loves to post

Rover 2.5V6 Connie SE (White Gold)

Default PM

You could look at the PM option on the site to start with i you have access to it I acn't remember if you need to have become a full member £10 or not to get this though

ATB

Boot Release Mod
Walnut trims, Tail Light Seals & Torpedoes
T4 Health check done (Thanks Mr T4 )
Real Walnut Dash (Thanks Paul D)
Power Folds (one down one to go)
Timing Belts Pump and Matrix Replaced (Phil T4)
Bonnet release mod (Thanks Paul D)
IPK De-lined (Thanks klarzy)
New wheels (Thanks Paul D)
Compensator, LED bulbs ABS Sensor and more(Thanks John H)
Projectors (Thanks Paul D)
Puddle light LED Strips

Mods to do:

Rear Spoiler?
Paulym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 19:24   #9
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
Thanks for the replies guys!

That's awesome... just the person I'm looking for.
Tbh, I'll be hard pushed to find a week not using the car, I'll check out your website. I gather you provide complete new/refurb units? This might be an easier option for me.
Do you have an email I could contact you on, or perhaps there's a contact one on your website?
Sorry bud, not quite as easy as that...

There is a chip in your current ipk which needs to be copied or migrated to your new one, if not then I can send you a "virgin" one (one with a factory blanked program ready for installation), but you would then need either a club T4 guru, or a garage to T4 the unit to match your cars security coding, millage etc... and if you put a new one into your car without syncing it, then your original would become out of sync too... this is to prevent clocking back etc...

your choices are...

Send ipk, I fix lines or copy your program to a replacement unit or physically swap the eeprom

I send you a virgin unit and you take it to a t4 local to you... (but this could get expensive at a dealership...)

There are a few club guru's up and down the country if you want me to send you a unit then no problem...
Old 3rd November 2014, 19:26   #10
Blofeld

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulym View Post
You could look at the PM option on the site to start with i you have access to it I acn't remember if you need to have become a full member £10 or not to get this though

ATB
Thanks. I'll be getting membership, but tbh I prefer using email for a lot of things as it's easier to keep track and record off.