Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th July 2014, 04:45   #151
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

This one is an easy answer for me...one of my early cars, a Citroen AX, what a pile of ***** it was....saying that though the little one litre ****** did me and the ex proud in the Lake District going up the hilly windy roads without too much struggle lol.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 06:48   #152
Steve42

mg 190+

Been thinking about this one. And must say was easy decision to make.
vw polo. Flat out on a good day you may get 75 out of it
my v6 is better on mpg .and even with the seats back fully still had my knees on my chin.
On the plus side I tried to kill it and it would not die.
drove round for over 6 months with hesd gasket blown. Blown that bad every time you turned it over sounded like you had a flat battery. Pistons full of water.
Hated the car
Steve42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 08:10   #153
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Many years ago my brother in law was given a Yugo as a runaround for the gp practice he worked in.

He took it from the showroom less than 100 meters to a small roundabout where the ns front suspension collapsed driving the front of the car into the ground.

He got out walked back to the dealership tossed the keys to the sales man and said "we'll yo can keep that lump of ****"
He has a sierra the next week.
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:29   #154
hamster19
Gets stuck in

tourer conn CDTI

Montego diesel, nice to drive and comfortable , but threw it away in the end 'cos of head problems.Mechanic had it so long trying to fix it I said he could keep it.

Last edited by hamster19; 4th November 2014 at 13:24..
hamster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:39   #155
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Back in the late 80's I bought an XR3i, it was in superb condition but never ever ran that well, suffered misfires, and numerous other engine faults even when fixed still didn't run properly.
PXd it in for a brand new Mini in 1989 but that turned out to be a 'Friday Car' and took six months to sort out but kept it for 3 years.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 21:29   #156
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Where do I start,and where do I finish lol, Renault 14 most embarrasing,bought as temporary transport, worst for reliability Citroen BX 1.6.I swore I would never buy another Citroen,but since then have had 2 of their vans,and been impressed.
The Renault was the most disgusting car,the BX was troublesome,mainly due to the hydrolastic suspension, but the most unreliable car I owned., was a 1984 VW Scirocco Gt.
Old 22nd September 2014, 21:38   #157
brickie501
Regular poster

MG ZT

It wouldn't really be fair to go on just the number of things that have had to be done in judging reliability - my Land Rover 90 would score highest; but I've owned that for over 18 years now. In terms of letting me down most frequently, I'm afraid the 'award' goes to my ZT after only a couple of months of ownership

I've honestly never been embarrassed by any of the cars I've had / used!

If I had to go off stereotypes, most embarrassing might be the silver (OK, beige) Volvo 360 that I was using about two years ago or the Subaru van I learned to drive in.

Both no longer with us but I really enjoyed driving the Volvo & would have got another if I could've found a less rusty one...

... & I was genuinely sad when the Subaru finally ended its days at the scrappers (after many years as a wheeled storage unit following engine failure) - taking a picture of the moment

Last edited by brickie501; 22nd September 2014 at 21:47.. Reason: Adding least reliable :-(
brickie501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:44   #158
MevagisseyMedic
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Club Tourer 2002 Auto

Default Worst Cars we have had!

Alpha Sud, parked it up one night woke up in morning to find 4 wheels and a pile of rust.
MevagisseyMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2014, 20:05   #159
onlyme1701
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T Rover 75 Classic

For me it will have to be a C reg Nissan sunny 3 door, to start it I had to get the wife to turn the key as I knock seven shades out of the starter if you banged the drivers door the window fell out. Every panel on that car had a dent all bar the back wing...I will never forget the wife saying to me one night as she was stood at the window looking at it "has someone hit our car?" to which I said "How the **** can you tell!" she said it looks like the back wing has had a knock so I went outside and kicked it in just to be sure the every panel match the funny thing was I paid £50 for it and sold it 6 months later for £150
onlyme1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2014, 20:16   #160
Houzi
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Well have driven bangers all my life,infact the 75 is my first 21st century car!
Yes also had a Marina,with the usual 'piston slap',broken seat back(in a lovely mustard coloured vinyl)...funny to think it was also the MGB engine(I think)
Perhaps the worst was a Renault 16 auto(though one of the comfiest)strange set up,the engine was back to front so actually ran anti clockwise with the gearbox infront.Had to be the slowest car I ever had 'til one day I realised the gearbox wasn't changing since I had it.Problem was just a simple fuse...changed that and Hey Presto!....not a ha'pence of difference
Houzi is offline   Reply With Quote