Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th February 2014, 15:25   #1
Loves to post

Black ROVER 75

Default Thinking of...

Well I keep thinking about selling my car and changing it for a 2.2 diesel Jaguar estate.
The trouble is I can't think of a good reason why I should sell my car as the Jag wouldn't do anything different plus I don't know what sort of money I'd get for my car.
In an ideal world I'd buy a Jag, drive it and then decide if I keep both or sell one or the other.

My Rover is a 2004 manual contemporary diesel that's done 91,000 miles with Xeons,folding mirrors, sunroof, full leather interior, heated electric memory seats, radioguy head unit, cruise, 160 remap, drivers intelligence pack, headlamp washers. It had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel 4000 miles ago, new windscreen 3 months ago.
The alloys are scuffed but they were when I got the car 2 and a bit years ago and the paintwork isn't in pristine condition.

So why should I want a Jag?

Last edited by .....; 18th February 2014 at 15:37..
..... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 15:46   #2
andy1968
Loves to post

MG ZT+

Keep the Rover, although its a good engine in the Jaguar, I think you will find the X type (I assume its an X type you will be getting ?) a little cramped compared to the 75
andy1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 15:51   #3
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Before i bought my Rover cdt Club, 6 years ago, i fancied a Jaguar S Type,so went and tried one for about 30 miles. Sorry but i do not think overall, the Jaguar is not as good as the Rover for being comfortable.
Old 18th February 2014, 17:33   #4
geoffd
Avid contributor

Ford Kuga

Same here -tried a 2.5 s type last year at a Jaguar dealer , bit dissapointed, felt clumsy to drive Got back into the 75 which felt the better car , albeit smaller !
geoffd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 17:49   #5
Jordan Apex
This is my second home

Jaguar XFR 2011MY

I was going to buy a 2.2 diesel jaguar before deciding on buying a zt, the 2.2 engine is a mondeo st tdci engine and they have more issues than our version and the smaller diesel jaguars suffer with fuelling issues which no one can get to the root of (someone paid jagaur nearly £3000 to sort out a fuelling issue and it wasn't resolved) so why would you want one?
Jordan Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 17:50   #6
evo
Avid contributor

Rover 75 cdti ish ?

Not to offend
ARE YOU MAD!!!!
you will never forgive yourself
they are more cramped and you get a lot less for your money than with a 75 or ZT
please don't do anything rash
spend a few quid making your's mint and you will save money and wonder why you ever bothered to think about a Jag
Pete (Evo)
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 17:57   #7
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I have had the 2.0 XType, stunning car (looking) had paperwork to say a lot of work done on it for common problems (dash clocks for one at a grand done at main dealer). Top money it was too. But it was immaculate ..... Then after about 3months it all started. Well should say wouldnt start! Not even a click!

Another grand at main dealers (not to mention a lot of testing at various auto sparks) for 3 cable ties and some insulating tape, oh and labour!!! Still had problems!

The 2.2 has its own issues I have been told, and from what I read when I had mine, Ford dealers dont know how to sort them either.

DMFs I think are a common problem, not cheap either. CANBUS issues apparently giving a lot of false diagnosis. Autospark told me some problems showed up as bizarre failures elsewhere."Window winder faulty? Oh that will be you left rear indicator! "

I still loved driving the Jag when it did go. But to be honest, I wouldnt swap out my ZT for it. To me they are so similar, I couldnt take the risk of the unknown.
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 18:02   #8
grs6680
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190

if it is a x-type then it would be a no brainer for me i see to may in my job so i would avoid but when we get any rover or mg oil burners in they go for good money even in poor condition,your`s looks in mint condition(love the colour)and well loved,ive been thinking of selling mine but there is nothing on the market that i would be happy to get in to debt for except a v8 but thats just me...
grs6680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 18:03   #9
andy1968
Loves to post

MG ZT+

I have had a couple of XJ's, X300 and X308 in the past

Great cars, lovely ride, very juicy on fuel compared to my CDT

Werent expensive parts wise and had a great friendly owners forum

Those attending club meets in X types were always mocked in jest by those that owned "proper" jags
andy1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 18:05   #10
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

The only thing I would be thinking of is when I'm next going to be behind the wheel of that stunning 75 why would you even be thinking of getting rid
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote