Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th October 2015, 23:33   #1
ballymenaman
Avid contributor

75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 Auto, Rover 45, classic mini and E Niro

Default Spring is sprung!!!

Hello

Just been cleaning up 'big silver' (my 75) for the MOT. She's been off the road for 20 months - been driving my trusty 45 for a while (I like to keep the miles down on both of them so they get taken out year or two about!!)

Anyway - I noticed 2 things that the MOT inspector seems to have missed last time around. Firstly, the front brake discs (inner surface) are badly corroded. New set (+pads) already ordered. I take it it's a simple job to replace?

Secondly, I have a broken rear spring. I would say, judging from the evidence, its managed to get through a couple of MOTs with the break!!

My car is a 2004 facelift and doesn't appear to have rear anti roll bars. The springs are coded 'RM' violet. If there's no anti roll bar, do I just disconnect the shock absorber and let the whole hub drop?

Other questions are: what replacement part should I order; can I reuse the top and bottom rubbers; and how do I do it?

Thanks for any help!
ballymenaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 15:29   #2
nickmac
Banned

rover75 tourer

the discs and pads should be straight forward i would have thought. i'm not familiar with the springs maybe one of the traders will let you know what you need. good luck.
nickmac is offline   Reply With Quote