Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th April 2019, 09:54   #331
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Phoned the solicitors.....................

................................... this morning to find out what was happening/any further news. Spoke to Katie and she replied that they are waiting on the sellers solicitors to answer some questions. They have contacted them on the 5th, 10th and 18th of this month. Katie said that she contacted the estate agents yesterday asking them to contact the seller direct and get him to gee up his solicitors.

She confirmed that all the searches had come back ok. Just need some answers from the other side.
Really itching to move. Suppose I’ll just have to wait. Having never done anything like this before, just getting impatient.

Was out this morning cleaning the samples of Poo left by 633 squadron of seagulls, when a chap walking by complimented me on keeping the cars clean. He asked after the Yellow One. I explained she was having some paint done and will be back soon. His reply was, “ Good as she cheers me up, whenever i’m Feeling down I walk around this way to see her. Been meaning to knock and ask where that ray of sunshine is. Glad you are keeping her in tip top condition”.
What a nice man.
I’m missing her as well.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 11:43   #332
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Still waiting.................................

....................................... for the seller/solicitors to respond to the issues raised by my solicitor. Starting to get me down a bit. Going to give them till the weekend, if no response then I'll start looking around again. Ridiculous for it to be a chain free transaction. I'm already to rock n roll.
Keep being told by other people that the solicitors have a tendency to drag their heels. I'm on a fixed fee with my solicitors so it's not like they are going earn anymore out of me.

Been 6 weeks since my offer was accepted. Just a email/phone call to say everything is ok. I don't like to keep phoning and asking what the hold up is.
Been out and tidied the back garden up in the current house. Need to book a carpet cleaner to come in, once I haved moved that is. Part of the rental agreement that if I move out I have to get the carpets professionally cleaned otherwise I could lose part or all of my deposit.

I'll be leaving my washing machine behind, providing the owners/letting agents agree on a price to buy off of me. No price then I'll take it with me and sell it privately. Going to also leave my microwave. I've no use of it. Rarely used in the last 5 years.
But I'm taking my fridge/freezer. That can go in the garage to store beer/cider and wine.

Still waiting on Banana to come home. Not in any hurry.

Thanks for reading and the comments.

onen hag oll
Old 8th May 2019, 20:20   #333
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
....................................... for the seller/solicitors to respond to the issues raised by my solicitor. Starting to get me down a bit. Going to give them till the weekend, if no response then I'll start looking around again. Ridiculous for it to be a chain free transaction. I'm already to rock n roll.
Keep being told by other people that the solicitors have a tendency to drag their heels. I'm on a fixed fee with my solicitors so it's not like they are going earn anymore out of me.

Been 6 weeks since my offer was accepted. Just a email/phone call to say everything is ok. I don't like to keep phoning and asking what the hold up is.
Been out and tidied the back garden up in the current house. Need to book a carpet cleaner to come in, once I haved moved that is. Part of the rental agreement that if I move out I have to get the carpets professionally cleaned otherwise I could lose part or all of my deposit.

I'll be leaving my washing machine behind, providing the owners/letting agents agree on a price to buy off of me. No price then I'll take it with me and sell it privately. Going to also leave my microwave. I've no use of it. Rarely used in the last 5 years.
But I'm taking my fridge/freezer. That can go in the garage to store beer/cider and wine.

Still waiting on Banana to come home. Not in any hurry.

Thanks for reading and the comments.
Shame you're 400 miles away, I would have helped out there.
I recommend you look on TACCA for a local operator, that's the Approved Carpet Cleaner's Association, its a real organisation, not one I made up. Or NCCA National Carpet Cleaner Association, or ask on fb if there is a Saltash page.
Old 8th May 2019, 23:24   #334
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Such delays are typical of Solicitors, particularly if they can't make any more money out of you. I would ring every day - they eventually get so fed up they actually get their finger out!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 13:38   #335
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool We are more than just..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Shame you're 400 miles away, I would have helped out there.
I recommend you look on TACCA for a local operator, that's the Approved Carpet Cleaner's Association, its a real organisation, not one I made up. Or NCCA National Carpet Cleaner Association, or ask on fb if there is a Saltash page.
................................. a car club.

The Nearest TACCA operator is 94 miles away, and the nearest NCCA operator is less than a mile away from me. Many thanks for the advice Richard, that’s a beer or two I owe you. I’ll book them up once I have a moving date.

And it looks like I have found a home for the washing machine over in Dorset England.
And following on about more advice, I have just phoned both the estate agents and the solicitors. Now waiting for the return calls.

Plus more help has been offered to help with the moving day.

Certainly given me a lift.

Many thanks for the advice, help and reading.

onen hag oll
Old 14th May 2019, 10:21   #336
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool There is a light at the end of the tunnel...................

......................................... hopefully it’s not approaching train.

Dropped a Redfive off to the garage this morning for service and MOT. Then I phoned the doctors to make an appointment, something has to be really wrong for me to go to the quacks. Got an emergency appointment at 09.15. No choice but to take the Bear to get there as the time was now 08.55.
Seen the quack, more on the problem at a later date, as I have to go for tests.

Popped into town to collect a parcel from the sorting office, they left a card yesterday when I was out shopping. Thought might be an idea to pop into the estate agents to see if they knew anything I didn’t. Spoke to the girl, Sue, and she said she would find out for me and phone this afternoon and let me know.

Came home to find a very large envelope laying on the mat. And it’s from my solicitors with loads of paperwork. Deposit required along with signatures on various bits of paperwork. Plus I need a witness signature, will ask Allen for that.
Will read through it all again and get the necessary paperwork in place. So that’s tomorrow and into town to go to the bank and onto the solicitors.
Need to go to the bank anyway as I have a cheque to pay in, good old ERNIE. Going to be able to retire to the coffee shop on the winnings.

Then the garage phoned to say Redfive had failed her MOT. I gave them the ok to complete the repairs within the service.
Now on Sunday whilst I was at the “Zeds in the West” event at the Haynes Museum I was approached by a young man who wants to buy Redfive off of me. It appears he fell in love with the car at a show about 3 years ago and has been looking for her since.
So it looks like Redfive will be going to a New home in the next couple of weeeks. Wish I could sell the Bear that quick.

And Banana will be home at the end of the week. Rather a expensive week.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

onen hag oll
Old 14th May 2019, 22:00   #337
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Quote:
I’m missing her as well.
Here's hoping the gulls do too.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 06:56   #338
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool One year ago today.......................

................................................ I paid the deposit on my new, rented, home in Saltash. Cannot believe it’s nearly a year that I have lived in this house, and now we have finally found our new home to buy and call our own.

Yesterday I got the bus into Plymouth and went to the bank and transferred the deposit over, and paid in my winnings from ERNIE, then I took a stroll over to the solicitors and handed over the signed paperwork plus copies of my bank statements and the receipt for the deposit.
I wandered back to the bus stop trying figure out what I had just done. My mind was in a whirl. Still has not sunk in yet.

Waited for the bus, just saw the destination of Saltash, and got on. No idea about the journey home. Thought I would get off in the Street and let the letting agents know that I was moving out. But I missed the stop, but got off two stops past. Still my mind was all over the place. Took a deep breath and headed home except I was unsure whereabouts in Saltash I was.
Got my phone out, and I went onto maps. Ah! Now I know.

20 minutes later and I was home. Kettle on, tea made and sat in the chair. The tea had a wonderful calming effect, so I had another one. Sat in the chair and started to plan about the things that needed to be done.
When I woke up the tea was cold, nodded right off for nearly an hour. I knew walking was bad for me.

Got myself together and went out with Redfive to the butchers to restock the freezer. I had been running everything down, forgetting I’m only moving about 10 minutes away. Different from when moving from Essex to Cornwall.

The seller and I have to agree on a moving date via the solicitors. I have to pay the balance owed 5 days before the exchange of contracts.
Funny thing is during the time that I agreed to buy, and up to yesterday the estate agents had not kept in contact. It was I that chased them up, but I now get a phone call from them asking me to get the forms filled out and the deposit paid so that we can complete on the deal. Funny how that word “commission” suddenly spurs them on. Not only does the seller have to pay them but so do I.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 16th May 2019 at 06:58.. Reason: Missing words located.
Old 16th May 2019, 07:17   #339
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
................................................ I paid the deposit on my new, rented, home in Saltash. Cannot believe it’s nearly a year that I have lived in this house, and now we have finally found our new home to buy and call our own.

Yesterday I got the bus into Plymouth and went to the bank and transferred the deposit over, and paid in my winnings from ERNIE, then I took a stroll over to the solicitors and handed over the signed paperwork plus copies of my bank statements and the receipt for the deposit.
I wandered back to the bus stop trying figure out what I had just done. My mind was in a whirl. Still has not sunk in yet.

Waited for the bus, just saw the destination of Saltash, and got on. No idea about the journey home. Thought I would get off in the Street and let the letting agents know that I was moving out. But I missed the stop, but got off two stops past. Still my mind was all over the place. Took a deep breath and headed home except I was unsure whereabouts in Saltash I was.
Got my phone out, and I went onto maps. Ah! Now I know.

20 minutes later and I was home. Kettle on, tea made and sat in the chair. The tea had a wonderful calming effect, so I had another one. Sat in the chair and started to plan about the things that needed to be done.
When I woke up the tea was cold, nodded right off for nearly an hour. I knew walking was bad for me.

Got myself together and went out with Redfive to the butchers to restock the freezer. I had been running everything down, forgetting I’m only moving about 10 minutes away. Different from when moving from Essex to Cornwall.

The seller and I have to agree on a moving date via the solicitors. I have to pay the balance owed 5 days before the exchange of contracts.
Funny thing is during the time that I agreed to buy, and up to yesterday the estate agents had not kept in contact. It was I that chased them up, but I now get a phone call from them asking me to get the forms filled out and the deposit paid so that we can complete on the deal. Funny how that word “commission” suddenly spurs them on. Not only does the seller have to pay them but so do I.

Glad to hear things are moving at last Bob - I can't believe that it's nigh on a year since I was holidaying in Mevagissey and you had just moved into Saltash. Where do the years go

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 09:55   #340
harrisop48
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer Club CDTi 2.0 2002 Royal Blue Paint JFM Trim LBB

Thanked 1,043 Times in 364 Posts

So glad this is coming to a successful conclusion for you. I hope the vendor agrees to an early exchange, completion and a quick moving in date.
As I said to you at the Fleet Air Arm Museum this move will be most stressful and you must be patient.
harrisop48 is offline   Reply With Quote