Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th November 2022, 17:16   #1
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts
Default New tyres.

I had my first puncture in many years on the way home from the Peak district last week and such was the the split in the tyre it was obvious the tyre would need replacing.So luckily I managed to get the spare on just before the light failed.I was just about to set off to get a replacement when I noticed the spare had also deflated and also had a split in it. . So now with two unserviceable wheels it was either a case of removing the spare and taking it along with the other deflated wheel to a tyre depot or calling on a mobile service,which is what I opted to do.They made short work of fitting/balancing the new tyres and I was good to go again

I've now had two sets of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's on my coupe and found them to be excellent all round, so I thought I'd check out their latest reviews.I was really impressed and decided to order a pair of their very latest and recently released Asymmetric 6.Ive been on an 80 mile round trip today (much of it in the wet) and I can honnestly say they certainly live up to the claims made in THIS REVIEW. Very comfortable and responsive on the steering.I would highly recommend them and will be having a pair fitted on the rears very shortly.

Last edited by VVC-Geeza; 6th November 2022 at 17:19..
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2022, 22:47   #2
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I had those tyres on a few of my cars years ago. They then disappeared from the market. They were a good tyre then, so I am glad they have brought them back, but am not sure if they will be long lasting on our 75s. From what I heard, asymmetric tyres behave in a different way to radial tyres.
Old 8th November 2022, 17:02   #3
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I had those tyres on a few of my cars years ago. They then disappeared from the market. They were a good tyre then, so I am glad they have brought them back, but am not sure if they will be long lasting on our 75s. From what I heard, asymmetric tyres behave in a different way to radial tyres.
Hi David,

they were given a wear rating of 85% in the review I highlighted.It won't be an issue for me anyway as my 75 is not a daily.Seems to fare very well against it's competitors.

Old 9th November 2022, 16:53   #4
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Hi David,

they were given a wear rating of 85% in the review I highlighted.It won't be an issue for me anyway as my 75 is not a daily.Seems to fare very well against it's competitors.
Lasted no time at all on my front wheels, extremely disappointed with wear rate.
( mind you I've struggled to find any decent tyre lasting long on the front I have had wheel alignment done )

Should be a lot better on the back wear wise I'd imagine.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2022, 17:54   #5
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

In the road haulage industry there's a saying- "You only fit a Goodyear if you're having a bad year".

Personally I like Hankook. Standard fitment on some Toyotas and Toyota don't fit rubbish. Also Continentals are good. Both cheaper than the "big name" brands, I want a tyre, not to pay for some Formula One team's sponsorship.
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2022, 18:25   #6
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

I've got goodyear 5's on my diesel zt which have done well for over 2 years use, these replaced a set of continentals I had which I felt had lost their edge,
I'm going to be putting a set of Goodyear 6's on a soon to be refurbished set of apex's for my v8, I'm currently running Avon zv7's on her and personally I think they are rubbish.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2022, 20:08   #7
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
Lasted no time at all on my front wheels, extremely disappointed with wear rate.
( mind you I've struggled to find any decent tyre lasting long on the front I have had wheel alignment done )

Should be a lot better on the back wear wise I'd imagine.
What sort of annual mileage are you doing?

And at what mileage did you start to notice serious wear?

Old 9th November 2022, 20:28   #8
Bob Williams
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+

I am surprised at the negative comment about Avon ZV7 as I have had Avons on my 75 CDTi Tourer for over ten years and found them excellent. However, I needed two tyres just under a month ago and couldn't get Avons so I got something else. Unfortunately I can't remember what the replacements were and I can't check as the car was written off a week later so I no longer have it.
Bob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2022, 21:15   #9
bl52krz
This is my second home

Sorry. I did not look at the review you posted, but when finished on here, I will have a gander.
Old 9th November 2022, 21:25   #10
bl52krz
This is my second home

I only put Goodyear Efficientgrip on the diesel. Usually get over 20,000 miles out of a set. I have a spare set of grid spokes with Avon Z 5s on and the seem to be wearing ok, but noisier than the Efficientgrips. John had Continental on his diesel, and found they used to wear badly on the outside edge. We put it down to a softer compound than the efficientgrip.