Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st December 2018, 08:01   #51
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

My brother used to smoke a packet a day, he was told by his doctor that he needed to quit or he would be dead in a couple of years. He struggled but found if he put the money he was going to spend on a packet in a jar it helped.

After a few months he was amazed at how much was in the jar and he treated his wife to a weekend away that they would have struggled to have afforded before.

He still saves the money in the jar and when the price of the cigarettes goes up he puts more in the jar.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 22:12   #52
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
As people say, it's an addiction to nicotine.

Not many consider the Damage you are doing to your body with all the other things that you take in with the nicotine.

Because the damage is not visible it's ignored.

Have a read of this bit below if you want something to help you give up the demon weed.

Looking into the subject of lung cancer I found it usually starts up with carcinogens in our lungs.

Also the air we breath is full of carcinogens.

It seems that nicotine addiction is what makes smokers light up but it's not what does the damage !!

Our bronchial tubes have a coating of very fine hairs called cilium.
These hairs move up and down in a wave action. Now here's the clever bit. They move upwards slowly and downwards fast. Took nature thousands of years to perfect. Lol.

When we breath air into our lungs we also breath in carcinogens.
( Substances that can trigger off cancer. )

Nature has designed this very clever way of keeping our lungs clean of dust.The dust particles settle on these hairs and then the hairs carry the dust back up slowly towards our throat. the hairs flick back down at high speed leaving behind the dust ( inertia ) then slowly lift up the next particles and so on.
When the dust reaches the back of the throat there are sensitive nerves that detect it and these nerves make you cough and the dust is ejected to be swallowed and pass harmlessly through the stomach.

Now to smoking.

What happens when you smoke is that TAR from the smoke coats the cilia hairs and sticks them down so they can no longer work !!
Thus all the dust particles including the carcinogens you breath in REMAIN in your lungs.
There the carcinogens now have time to do their insidious work and can trigger normal cells into super fast reproduction. ( ie. Those cells have become CANCER cells ! )

Some time ago the cigarette manufacturers started to sell cigarettes with the words LOW TAR on the packets. This was an attempt put less tar into smokers lungs but was of little help.

Now a last thought:-- When you see how much dust lands on your car daily think how much more is taken into your lungs when you breath. Probably hundreds of times more. Some of this dust is breathed out but a large amount stays there cos you've negated natures cleaning system through being a smoker and gumming up the works !!

OK. One more last thought. Lol.

Imagine leaving the same oil in your car and NEVER changing it or of never vacuum cleaning out your house. Just imagine the MESS.
You tend to ignore what is happening inside you lungs cos you can't see it But that is how your lungs at this moment are looking...

Nothing more to say, I guess.

It's not the cough that carries you off it's the coffin they carry you off in.
Going back to this from the first post I'd like to add---Will power is needed.

Thinking about what is going on in your lungs should give you this.

Since I first posted this several people I know have died from lung cancer.

Seeing them shortly before their demise, having in most cases lost half their body weight is sad and shocking.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2019, 08:59   #53
Caleb3

Rover 75 Saloon

Trustworthy company and an excellent product, will definitely buy again. Ive been giving the 10% cbd oil to all the family - woman child and beasts, and honestly we all are better versions of ourselves. Maybe the older and more inflamed you are , or the more health problems you have the more you will benefit. My dog can now make his way upstairs again, though he hasnt for a year before this, after a month of me rubbing a drop in his gums twice a day.

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 31st August 2019 at 11:40.. Reason: Removed link to web page.
Caleb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2019, 15:11   #54
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Well done Steve-remember it is "you" repeat "you" that have achieved this and you need to give your self a big pat on the back. If it was easy everyone would do it. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2019, 10:19   #55
mbev51
Banned

Removed

hi, I stopped at 32, 36 years ago, I stopped drinking 10 yrs ago. Having a sniff of an ashtray filled with fag buts and ash, can help you decide smoking isn't a good thing when you are wavering. Cycle every day, find a long steep hill and try and power up it.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2019, 21:27   #56
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb3 View Post
Trustworthy company and an excellent product, will definitely buy again. Ive been giving the 10% cbd oil to all the family - woman child and beasts, and honestly we all are better versions of ourselves. Maybe the older and more inflamed you are , or the more health problems you have the more you will benefit. My dog can now make his way upstairs again, though he hasnt for a year before this, after a month of me rubbing a drop in his gums twice a day.
I guess this post has lost its meaning without the Web Page link.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote