Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th July 2016, 00:07   #1
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Default The new acquistion 75 Classic SE CDT in Copperleaf Red

This evening we picked her up on the flat bed....non starter. Previous owner had replaced both fuel pumps and bought a new battery but she will not turn over. Well when viewing her first thing I checked was the plenum and it's got water in it the drain is blocked solid .

So have removed the ECU and the horrid black and wet pollen filter and have the battery on charge as it is a little down at under 11 volts.

We will have a few things to sort out like unblock the plenum drains and clear them out then refit the battery box and find or locate an under bonnet pump mounting bracket get a couple of new keys as there is only one and the blade is very lose in the case on that and check the installation of the in tank pump as we do not how well that was done and if a bracket was left of the under bonnet one???

While removing the ECU from the Plenum I noticed that she has FBH and it has pink stains over it so there is obvious a coolant leak on it or one of the hoses that service it. Will check them out in daylight.

So once the battery is fully charged we will try again and see if we still just get a click. If we do I wonder if it could be the starter needing a little TLC and the solenoid rebuilding? Once we get her running then it's clean her up swap the wheel for mine with nearly new tyres on and submit her for the MOT as it ran out 2 days ago.