Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th June 2017, 21:10   #1
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Default For sale: Spares/repair Connie CDT

Up for sale on a spares/repairs basis is my 2003 Connoisseur CDT which failed its MOT the other week. The main reason for this is corrosion on the rear subframe and arms, but it will also need a few minor issues sorting out - a N/S/F lower suspension balljoint, replacement brake pipes due to pitting, and the brake wear sensor replacing/refitting. I took some time to think about sorting it out and keeping it, which could be done ... but I have another 75 to put back on the road and to be honest I also have another vehicle project that's been waiting for attention as well, so something has to give and it may as well be this. Colour is Moonstone (Brian's favourite!) with Smokestone interior/black leather with grey piping. Car is located near Armoy, Co. Antrim.

Not sure if a new owner is allowed to book an MOT retest for a car that has failed under its previous owner but if so, then the 21-day limit for merely making the booking (as opposed to getting the actual retest) has three days left to run. So it may be possible to book a test for £18.50, fail it and legally drive the car to its new home rather than having to put it on a trailer.

Couple of things to note: there's some moderate wear in the usual spot on the driver's seat bolster, and the chrome surround for the driver's door handle came away recently so will need replaced. The steering wheel was showing signs of wear, so I had a go at dyeing it but it's still not great - however I have a spare steering wheel in excellent condition that I'll include with the car.

Paintwork is in pretty good nick, with the normal few minor marks here & there - nothing drastic. It had four new tyres very recently, new brakes within the past year, new front springs about six months ago. Last oil service was about 4000 miles ago. Has a fully functioning sunroof (with drains sorted!). Mileage is 144071. I know it's easy for me to say this, but it drives beautifully - especially since Brian worked his magic on it last year.

My phone is scuppered at the minute but I have uploaded some pics I took last year, and the only thing that has changed since then is the mileage - I'll try to get a clearer pic of the driver's seat, but for now hopefully it's possible to zoom in enough to get an idea of how it looks.

It has only done 59 miles since the tank was last brimmed, so there's a good £60 worth of diesel in it. For that reason I'll ask £275 - if I get that I'll fit the steering wheel for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exterior1.jpg (108.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg exterior2.jpg (81.8 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg exterior3.jpg (97.0 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg exterior4.jpg (100.5 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg interior2.jpg (91.0 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg interior4.jpg (68.7 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg interior5.jpg (79.8 KB, 77 views)
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote