Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th June 2017, 17:42   #1
mick160
Loves to post

MG ZT 1.8t

Default Unique Monogram For Sale.

MG ZT 160 1.8 turbo in monogram Poseidon.

2006, 55 plate facelift. 66622 miles.

Hello all and thanks for looking at my for sale ad. This is a unique car, being the only car made in Poseidon with the 1.8 turbo k series engine, and as such I really want it to stay within the club and continue to be loved and cherished.

I have owned this car since June 2012 when I bought it with 42k on the clock. The car has never been a daily driver so has only covered around 5k miles a year since then. The car is regularly cleaned and polished to try and keep the stunning colour shining, though there are are a few minor marks/scratches as you would expect of a car of this age. I have made sure to keep the car regularly serviced, and have always changed the oil and filter when the clocks change!

During my ownership I have replaced the head gasket in October 2013, and as part of this job I fitted a brand new cylinder head. The engine has given no problems since.

A set of refurbed gridspoke alloys were fitted in November 2013, and while these are still very presentable there are now a few marks on them.

A longlife stainless steel cat back exhaust system was fitted in February 2015. This was made to original specification so is not loud and has a lifetime warranty.

New full set of Toyo tyres fitted in April 2016 at 60k miles.

Full set of Brembo brake discs and pads fitted in July 2016.

New Air Con condenser fitted in September 2016 along with a new cooling fan resistor and re-gas giving nice cool air conditioning.

Other extras/upgrades fitted to the car include:
Scangauge tool - purchased and fitted primarily to monitor engine coolant temperature during running, but also useful to check fuel consumption and read codes amongst other things.
Alpine stereo fitted with Bluetooth connectivity for hands free phone calls and an iPod connection lead. It has the patch lead fitted to allow the steering wheel controls to be used. (Original stereo will be included).
Air con controller has been modified to a blue backlight.
VVC alloy inlet manifold fitted.
Tow bar fitted.
Modified hand brake compensator fitted.
Orange clip fitted to fuel filter housing.

MOT is due in December. Full size spare wheel. Two working keys.

A couple of bad points that I feel are worth mentioning is that the drivers seat is starting to show signs of wear/splitting on the bolster, though this is pretty minor and nowhere near as bad as some. The black covering on the rear windscreen trim is peeling and exposing the chrome underneath.

And finally for the price... Now reduced to £1400.

The car is located in Cramlington, Northumberland (about 10 miles north of Newcastle).

I'm bound to have forgotton something so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Cheers,

Mick.

Last edited by mick160; 21st June 2017 at 20:56.. Reason: Price reduction.
mick160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 07:20   #2
mick160
Loves to post

MG ZT 1.8t

Price reduced to £1600.

If you fancy something a bit different and unique this is the car for you. Always turns heads and attracts comments wherever I go, and I will miss it when it's gone!
Old 20th June 2017, 07:49   #3
mick160
Loves to post

MG ZT 1.8t

Car had sold on eBay but that looks to have fallen through so car is still available.

Happy to discuss the car to anyone who may be interested, just pm me and I will send my number. Would love for the car to stay in the club, deal to be done for club member.... ;-)

Last edited by mick160; 20th June 2017 at 08:15..
Old 21st June 2017, 21:02   #4
mick160
Loves to post

MG ZT 1.8t

Original ad post updated with current mileage. The car is now sorned so this won't change.

And further price reduction to £1400 ovno, before I have have another crack at the eBay lottery
Old 28th June 2017, 20:30   #5
mick160
Loves to post

MG ZT 1.8t

Car now sold to a very pleased member. I very nearly did shed a little tear as it disappeared round the corner . Enjoy the car Chris.