Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th March 2017, 18:28   #1
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Default Exhaust (Which to buy)

After recently fitting a Kensal/Euroflo exhaust to the car I'm finding the resonance is becoming too much, the vehicle is a 2003 Tourer 2.0CDTi Diesel.

One exhaust recommended was Bosel but they no longer produce the back box!!

Has the Forum a definitive answer to the best exhaust for the tourer model. Peace and quiet and no resonance is what I seek,

Surely there must be enough Tourers ruining around out there with good quality noise absorbing exhausts fitted???
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 20:01   #2
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

bump me please
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Old 20th March 2017, 20:25   #3
fandango151
Loves to post

Rover 75

Seeing as there are few replies... Here goes.

You don't suffer as bad as the v6 in quietening the exhaust. Cheapish normally does for a derv. You are correct bosal closed UK side down.

The real suggestion which will cost is to have one made up. A backbox from mij performance in Walsall cost me £198. Steep but it will never rot and they asked me what i wanted. I wanted hidden as rolled ones never look as nice as the pressed original and I declined all their exhaust tips and they bent some stainless as I wanted hidden like the original.

Not the answer you may want but best long term solution.
fandango151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 20:47   #4
oswestryalex
Loves to post

Rover 75 1.8T connoisseur saloon 2003 in blue , MG ZT 190+ 2003

Hi, I would agree - go stainless and have it made for you, if you plan to keep the car a few more years. More cost effective and you can specify how loud it will be. I changed the one on my Rover 75 1.8 a year and a bit ago, and am very pleased with the Stainless one.
oswestryalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 21:59   #5
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

I keep reading conflicting information, can someone who has had a stainless system fitted to a 75 diesel confirm that its as quiet as the original system?
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 08:27   #6
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
After recently fitting a Kensal/Euroflo exhaust to the car I'm finding the resonance is becoming too much, the vehicle is a 2003 Tourer 2.0CDTi Diesel.

One exhaust recommended was Bosel but they no longer produce the back box!!

Has the Forum a definitive answer to the best exhaust for the tourer model. Peace and quiet and no resonance is what I seek,

Surely there must be enough Tourers ruining around out there with good quality noise absorbing exhausts fitted???
Klarius make exhausts which are to the original specification of our cars if you are looking to remain OE.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Klarius-RR...MAAOSwopRYf8Z6

You can search for the part numbers for your model from the Klarius Website - http://www.lvawebcat.com/webforms/fr...k&lang=English

Last edited by Neil1; 21st March 2017 at 08:41.. Reason: Added additional link.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 08:33   #7
willster
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer Auto CDT

I can recomend the klarius , its as quiet as the original in my book and very reasonably priced . Even if you need two over the next few years its still less than half the price of a stainless system.
willster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 08:46   #8
willster
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer Auto CDT

I had a garage fit mine but he said the fitment was spot on with a little lump hammer persuasion.
Old 21st March 2017, 15:08   #9
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
Klarius make exhausts which are to the original specification of our cars if you are looking to remain OE.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Klarius-RR...MAAOSwopRYf8Z6

You can search for the part numbers for your model from the Klarius Website - http://www.lvawebcat.com/webforms/fr...k&lang=English
Hi Neil First thing noted we are from the same neck of the woods!!Do you have a Klarius fitted? If so is your bus a tourer?Is it quiet interior wise?
In the past I have always had saloons,V6 and diesel, changed to tourer in the hope of avoiding coil spring problems, anyhow in the cars no problems with interior but with the tourer there is at the moment a booming resonance especially at low revs.The exhaust is new, garage chosen and fitted, so possibly run of the mill cheap. certainly has a round end box, as opposed to original oval?
Klarius I note has oval box as OEM,what I would like is some clarification from tourer owners that it capable of absorbing noise and not creating interior resonance?
There must be any amount of Forum tourer owners happy with which ever exhaust they have fitted, so would be nice to get some feedback,,,,,but so far your Klarius suggestion is best
Old 21st March 2017, 15:19   #10
Phill_190
Gets stuck in

MG ZT Saloon

I would go stainless steel cat back if planning to keep the car.. If I remember rightly the Rover 75 was deaigned to take one from factory.. also long life made one especially for a Rover 75 to be very quiet. If you google it you may find the article!
Cheers
Phill
Phill_190 is offline   Reply With Quote