Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th March 2024, 08:53   #173901
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone.

Woke up to a beautiful blue sky and sunshine. And now it’s raining.

My walking buddy, Marion, are off to the free transport weekend down here in Saltash at the Waterside venue. There are free bus rides, Tuk Tuk rides, free boat trips across the Tamar to the Royal William complex in Plymouth. Plus there is a meeting with council officials and for the general public to put there tuppenney’s worth in.

I can have my walk as well. I can manage a 45 minute walk without the ankle playing up too much. Still using one crutch. One of my neighbours is a retired orthopaedic nurse and she has readjusted the height on the crutch for me so I can be more upright when I walk. She has also given me a few more exercises that I can do whilst laying on the bed.

Gradually getting back to normal, well as normal as I can get.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2024, 08:53   #173902
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post

Good morning Jeff, good morning everyone.

Torrential rains last night and this morning. because we are in the month of the rains. Now we are thinking of going camping but will have to upgrade to a waterproof pop up tent, could be fun. We have 2 tents but one tent is rotten at the seams and we always have 2 tents, one for us and the other for the groceries and cool boxes.

When camping in the bush, the theory is the wild animals will first go for the food tent and not us…..so far that theory has worked.

The rain filled up the pool, a bonus.

Jeff, have a great weekend with Ros and Lady Emma. How was your dad yesterday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Morning Phil & Jessica,

Boy, does that pool look inviting

I like your theory. I guess you're working on the 'you are less tasty food' than the groceries in the other tent ?

Do you keep a camp fire going through the night to ward off would be predators ?

Enjoy your shopping trip to get a new (weatherproof) tent .
Old 30th March 2024, 10:49   #173903
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Morning Phil & Jessica,

Boy, does that pool look inviting

I like your theory. I guess you're working on the 'you are less tasty food' than the groceries in the other tent ?

Do you keep a camp fire going through the night to ward off would be predators ?

Enjoy your shopping trip to get a new (weatherproof) tent .

Thank you Jeff.

If we think there is a lion around, we keep a fire going and the car doors open in case we need to get in fairly quickly, otherwise we don’t keep the fire going and put it out after dinner.

These days it’s all health, safety and security precautions, so we have to hire the services of 2 armed rangers to watch over us. They charge 1000 Kenya Shillings or £6 each for the night. This includes their food and water. They protect us from the wild animals and poachers/bandits.

10 years ago today Jeff, you invited Derek, Lilian and myself to join you and Ros at Brands Hatch. What a great day that was.

On the left is Gate Keeper, Windrush - Derek in the middle and MG hat far right is yourself 😀

We count our blessings we are lucky to be here ….. 😀😀

Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2024, 11:31   #173904
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Tent

Hi Phil, In 1960 my parents bought a tent from Low and Bonners in Nairobi. It was used on a trip from Nbo to cape Town, we kids slept in the back of the station wagon. No need for guards anywhere in those days, just kept fire at night to keep animals away. How times have changed. That tent lasted well for over 30 years and many safaris.
Old 30th March 2024, 11:33   #173905
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Yummy but very rich. Good on you for treating yourself and for the photo ….thank you.

Congratulations Ian and to your good lady in getting to 52 years married, quite an accomplishment. Only 20 years here, perhaps I can come to you for marital advice. I was recently chatting to a friend I trained with and she has been married 4 times and is currently divorced. I hope she finds happiness.

Here in Kenya one of the polygamous tribes allows for several wives at the same time, it is expected to support all of them.

Afternoon Phil, Thank you. We were only saying last night, where on earth has all that time gone.

Yes that meal was very rich & a one off really to celebrate our anniversary weekend, It very nice indeed though.
More than one wife? Oh heck! I don't think I could manage something like that.

I've been fertilising the bed in the other greenhouse & putting the tomato frame up ready for when the tomato seedlings are big enough, All this low light cloudy, cold, wet weather has not been good for the plants especially the tomatoes, cucumbers, chillis & bell peppers. They're behind when they should be by now even on heat mats & under grow lights.

On the other hand, the first early variety of seed potatoes (Ulster Prince) are all starting to break through the compost & doing well.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2024, 13:05   #173906
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Morning everyone.

My walking buddy, Marion, are off to the free transport weekend down here in Saltash at the Waterside venue. There are free bus rides, Tuk Tuk rides, free boat trips across the Tamar to the Royal William complex in Plymouth. Plus there is a meeting with council officials and for the general public to put there tuppenney’s worth in.

I can have my walk as well. I can manage a 45 minute walk without the ankle playing up too much. Still using one crutch. One of my neighbours is a retired orthopaedic nurse and she has readjusted the height on the crutch for me so I can be more upright when I walk. She has also given me a few more exercises that I can do whilst laying on the bed.

Best foot forward and all that Bob.
Glad to hear that things are healing up nicely
Old 30th March 2024, 13:07   #173907
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Thank you Jeff.

If we think there is a lion around, we keep a fire going and the car doors open in case we need to get in fairly quickly, otherwise we don’t keep the fire going and put it out after dinner.

These days it’s all health, safety and security precautions, so we have to hire the services of 2 armed rangers to watch over us. They charge 1000 Kenya Shillings or £6 each for the night. This includes their food and water. They protect us from the wild animals and poachers/bandits.

10 years ago today Jeff, you invited Derek, Lilian and myself to join you and Ros at Brands Hatch. What a great day that was.

On the left is Gate Keeper, Windrush - Derek in the middle and MG hat far right is yourself 😀

We count our blessings we are lucky to be here ….. 😀😀

Thanks for popping that up Phil. Seems like only yesterday. Where has the time gone

I also got reminded of that weekend on my Facebook memories today as well.

Was a wonderful day but sad knowing that Derek is no longer with us. A true Gent in every sense of the word.
Old 30th March 2024, 13:11   #173908
coolcat
This is my second home

This morning I removed the boat mattress and bedding that had been drying out in the studio.
All in the back of the car ready for Ros and I to take it back to the boat shortly.

As it was all out I could put all the lighting stands, modifiers and background papers back up.

So now the studio is back up and running....Ready for it's next willing victim

Our studio by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
Old 30th March 2024, 14:24   #173909
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Morning everyone.

Thank you Bob for reporting in and for telling us about your progress. Hopefully the 3 in 1 camera investigation will reveal nothing serious. Do let us know how it goes as there is a lot of interest.

It’s time things were going your way for a change.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2024, 14:31   #173910
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Afternoon all.

Back from the first Midlands Nano of the year.

The sun came out and it was pleasantly warm.

Met up with and had a good chat to friends I've made over the years at this event.

Quizzie acquired various "treats" by various combinations of brown "puppy dog" eyes, slight whimpering and straightforward theft .

Enjoy Easter whatever you are up to.

Andy.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote