Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30th August 2019, 10:11   #1
mss
Retired from Club

Rover

Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,370 Posts
Default Message to foum leadership - membership deactivation

Morning all

I have this morning sent Simondi a message to explain the rationale behind my two recent threads, the actions on which have confirmed the inconsistent application of forum rules. It is my view that such inconsistency over the past few years has led to a number of good people leaving the forum and others to feel that behaviours, which some right minded people would consider harassment of other members, have been allowed to continue for too long.

In my view, this place no longer represents what Rover ownership should be about.

I do not wish to support a club/forum with these characteristics, and ask that my membership be deactivated.

Based on what has happened when others have taken similar decisions, I suspect there may be posts from a few expressing their views on why this action is being taken. I can only say that none of those views will be of any relevance or importance so would be worth saving!

Thank you to the good people who are interested in MGR cars, for your exchanges over the years.
Old 30th August 2019, 10:15   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

T4

Thanked 8,314 Times in 4,987 Posts

I will be sorry to see you leave Maninder, you have my number in case you need anything in future.
Old 30th August 2019, 10:47   #3
mss
Retired from Club

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I will be sorry to see you leave Maninder, you have my number in case you need anything in future.

I do Andy, it is safely stored!

Thank you.
Old 30th August 2019, 11:51   #4
coab
This is my second home

2012 GOLF GTD 170

Thanked 1,299 Times in 774 Posts

Ah dont be like that! It takes all sorts and just let it go. I for one enjoy your posts and well written replies and having met you many moons ago it would be a shame to leave.
I for one thought the thread was in the wrong place but you know what? If you dont like it you dont have to read it or reply on it. As my old aunt used to say "Take plenty of no notice Sean".
Now lets have no more of this malarkey and tell us if you still have the R45 diesel.
The Following User Says Thank You to coab For This Useful Post:
Old 30th August 2019, 11:56   #5
rob dean
Regular poster

Volkswagen Golf Match 1.4TSI DSG

Not surprised your threads were closed - there are plenty of places to discuss the b-word and I reckon that a car forum is not one of them.
Old 30th August 2019, 12:05   #6
mss
Retired from Club

Rover

The more sophisticated amongst the membership will know that this is not about the threads in question nor about them being closed.

Those particular threads were intended as final tests of forum leadership (in the broadest sense) for which my healthy respect has been eroding for some time, having seen many good members leave as a result of the actions and behaviours of a small group of members and the associated actions and inactions of the leadership.

A small number of people on the forum will understand this, including a few who have posted on this thread. These in my view represent the essence of Rover owneship. The rest, and their views, are totally irrelevant from my perspective as in my view many will be unable to understand what this is about. This, sadly, includes some members of the moderation team.

I was hoping not to have to spell this out!

Those commenting on the B and P subjects should look back at my posts and note that I have always championed keeping such topics off the forum.

Last edited by mss; 30th August 2019 at 12:08..
Old 30th August 2019, 12:09   #7
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+Rover 75 V6 Saloon

Thanked 3,323 Times in 1,672 Posts

Why oh! why do grown up men throw their teddies in the corner, Maninda I don't think we have met, there have been times when I have felt the same way
I have risen above it and taken things that have been said with a pinch of salt
so think again about leaving, you will always get differences of opinions between people If we write provocative things on here people will always take the bait.

Rev.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rev Jules For This Useful Post:
Old 30th August 2019, 12:45   #8
Darcydog
This is my second home

MG ZT-T

Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

If we write provocative things on here people will always take the bait.

Rev.
I think that sums the issue up for me. One reason I do not frequent Twitter or Facebook is because it seem overly populated with people who want their views endorsed and find it difficult to cope when others see things differently and have the audacity to say so!

And I too would suggest that storming off in a huff Maninder is not the right way to do this. Think about what you are trying to achieve by doing this

Picking up your ball and leaving the sports field is not a sensible action.

You and I have differing views on a lot of things. And I agree entirely with Rob Dean - he sums up my view of your controversial post exactly.

The old adage “ if you cannot stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen” probably applies here - especially when clear forum rules have been set down regarding that specific subject matter and indeed setting up a secondary thread to continue when the first is shut down.

I fail to see how anyone could possibly feel aggrieved at the Mods or the Membership for doing (respectively) what they have and and making the comments they have?

Where you and I “fall out” is where you make petulant a snide comments about “the more sophisticated members” will understand what you mean!

What are those that do not agree with what you say to infer from such a statement?

Are we to assume that you consider yourself more sophisticated than us mere plebs?
Old 30th August 2019, 12:48   #9
mileshawk56
Gets stuck in

MGZT

Im sorry Maninder I don't understand what this is all about but I will miss your opinions etc even if you get things wrong- lighten up, your a long time dead. Chris S.
Old 30th August 2019, 13:20   #10
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Maninder,
I can understand your frustration with the forum and really believe you should think about this before doing anything else.
There is nothing more I enjoy than a good debate with differing opinions as for sure I will learn something new, however debating over a forum is not the way to do this. It is far too easy to misunderstand what is being communicated. Sitting together with a drink discussing the issues is far more civilized and the reason I don't get involved here.
Move on accept that for the good of us all opinions differ for each of us.
I hope you reconsider as had you really wanted to leave you would have just gone without all this drama.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snetty For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread