Old 27th March 2018, 21:53   #272
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
The language used is unacceptable.
well..... as it was my post he was referring to I'd settle for somewhat ironic

I'd actually still like to see this and all BREXIT threads shut though.
Old 27th March 2018, 22:09   #273
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Now look - we have been asked by the Mods to be polite - and I agree that we should

I have posted a great deal of info that I believe to be relevant accurate and worthy of debate.

But you ignore this and label me “smug”
:sigh: the problem is that everyone who disagrees with you is always wrong - then MGJohn pops up and says that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong ..... that's not a debate because neither of you are willing for a second to believe you could possibly ever be wrong and then you just start calling people names with various degrees of subtlety. I would say "Pathetic verbose irrelevance" was an insult, I'm actually not bothered but it is an insult directed at another member.

That's why this and all Brexit threads should be locked and banned, they really just aren't worth the hassle!
Old 27th March 2018, 22:38   #274
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
well..... as it was my post he was referring to I'd settle for somewhat ironic

I'd actually still like to see this and all BREXIT threads shut though.
My words were in frustration at not just me - but many posters listing what we genuinely see as REAL problems with the EU - and again - I repeat some here:-

The Euro zone set up so badly it only benefits a few big player countries

28 member states of which only 5 actually contribute - 5 pay in as much as they get back and 18 States get more than they put in

Only half of the 27 have agreed to pay more to the EU after we leave

We currently pay the EU £15Billion but get back circa £7Billion - - but the EU dictates what we do with that £7Billion

40% of the EU budget is spent on the inefficient CAP - which distorts trade, makes food prices within the EU higher than they need be, and forces the dumping of surpluses on Third World economies which destroys the agricultural base of those countries.

Unemployment- especially youth unemployment- is a major negative within the EU

The EU showed a dark side in its dealings with Greece.

In fact the EU with its spending cuts to meet arbitrary budget deficit requirements has inflicted economic stagnation on a number of member States. This has lead to a distinct anti EU sentiment in these States.

And yes! - Greece should never been in the Euro in the first place - but the rules were twisted to allow them in.

The EU were planning a FTT that would have selectively hit London - as the premier World Financial Centre - harder than any other EU nation.

The EU via its EIB has a history of providing finance for projects of dubious value to EU member States.

Linking Open Borders with Free Trade is a Political Construct that no other Trading Bloc adheres to.

The introduction of Qualified Majority Voting within the EU has lead to the EU introducing Laws against the wishes of individual member States.

We joined a Trading Bloc - the EEC - “a single market” and now the EU has morphed into a political monster such that leaving the “single market” is but one item on a very long list of items that need to be sorted on the Brexit Agenda.

————————-

Now I have posted about each and every one on these on this thread - but not one person on the Remain side has seen fit to debate sensibly with those of us who feel strongly that these - and other points - it’s not an exhaustive list - about how they disagree and for what reasons they disagree with these points.

No - instead we get labelled “Smug” and accused of a peculiar form of ‘bonding’ where even a “man sized crowbar would fail to separate us”

Last edited by Darcydog; 27th March 2018 at 22:40..
Old 27th March 2018, 22:43   #275
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
:sigh: the problem is that everyone who disagrees with you is always wrong - then MGJohn pops up and says that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong ..... that's not a debate because neither of you are willing for a second to believe you could possibly ever be wrong and then you just start calling people names with various degrees of subtlety. I would say "Pathetic verbose irrelevance" was an insult, I'm actually not bothered but it is an insult directed at another member.

That's why this and all Brexit threads should be locked and banned, they really just aren't worth the hassle!
As indeed I felt about being labelled “Smug”

But the difference is that my comment was aimed at what was written

Play the Ball - not the player.

Your comment was aimed at me as a person.

Last edited by Darcydog; 27th March 2018 at 22:45.. Reason: Typo
Old 28th March 2018, 04:46   #276
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

It’s tragic how there is no Kumbya left in this thread and how the thread has degenerated into personal insults with members at each other’s throats. The penultimate with a photo of a False Widow spider directed at another member.

At one level it’s entertaining to see the childish antics, but not from grown men who should really know better.

I have made a formal complaint and asked for the thread to be closed.
Old 28th March 2018, 05:24   #277
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning Clive and welcome to the day, despite my comments, good luck with that. Although I did find the photo of the spider as being irrelevant and unhelpful (not of your doing) ....

Some members will remember the time when a poisonous spider took a chunk out of my testicles in South Africa, so so painful for months. I detest the sight of them
Old 28th March 2018, 06:33   #278
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Political threads which end up in personal grudge matches between members. It always ends this way ultimately

Time for closure (on here at least!)

Remember we are a car club forum first and foremost, not the House of Commons or the Oxford debating chamber.

Thanks.
Closed Thread