Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th May 2011, 17:48   #11
ASHEEN
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur 165k and still going!

Hi All,

Many thanks,

My car is absolutely dry, there is no water in the carpets at all, front or rear, or any signs that there has ever been water.

I have spoken to a Rover75 breaker, and he suggested that the airbag light is a common problem on these, and its due to the sensor on the control unit which sits somewhere thear the steering wheel.

The low down power could be due (Im told) by either a blocked intercooler, which needs air blowing into it to clean it, or the turbo control unit, which contorls the boost. I know the turbo is working fine, as it boosts very well after 2k rpm, it seems a little lazy before that.

Any idea how much a turbo control unit is?

Thanks,
ASHEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 13:59   #12
ASHEEN
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Does sound like a poor electrical connection re. the maf sensor.
The symptoms are a dead sensor ( Low power from 0 to 2,000rpm. ) but it will not cure itself. If it comes and goes the sensor is OK. Just the signal from it to the ECU.
Any water in the plenum chamber ???????? Very important to stay dry.

The source of the problem was the Turbo Pressure Control Valve, its a solenoid, which was very definitely on its way out. Second hand from local breakers yard, diy fix, solved the problem instantly. Coupled with the new MAF, the car has normal power again. Many thanks,
Ahmed, AS MOTORS.
Old 11th May 2011, 14:22   #13
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Intermittent

Thankyou for the feedback, quite often overlooked by owners who have been helped on here.
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 16:12   #14
ASHEEN
Loves to post

Default Rover 75 CDT No Power Low Down - Solution Found!

The problem with the CDT's if there is no power low down and its a struggle to get away especially at the roundabouts, and the MAF sensor and Turbo are fine, the the problem is the TURBO BOOST PRESSURE CONTROL VALVE or SOLENOID. This part new is £138.55 + VAT at the dealers, got one for £15.00 at my local Breakers yard, took the air induction pipe off, the top cover, then just below, left of where the intercooler pipes go into the engine, the solenoid sits, with two pipes going into it and an electricl connection.

Simple fit, taking all of 15 minutes, and hey presto, normal power resumed. the part is made by Pierburg, its a small cylyndrical part with two pipes at the top and electrical connector at the bottom.

So for all of you who suffer sudden loss of power on a CDT engined R75, this may be a solution to your problems.

Regards
Ahmed, AS Motors.
Old 11th May 2011, 18:26   #15
bramblp
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT

I think the part you refer to is the "Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) modulator" it is located in the exact location you speak of and has two vacuum pipes and an electrical connection. Curious that this cured your low down power problem, maybe there is someone here with more knowledge that may be able to explain why.
bramblp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 19:19   #16
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

There is a "feature" of the EGR that I have noticed on some cars especially the 131 model which makes me think it relates to the 131 map

Sometimes the EGR does not close for about 30 seconds at low RPM and it should, the effect is exactly the same as the Maf failing

You can see they problem on T4 very easily.
I have an owner coming over on Friday and as I have seen this problem on his car a couple of years ago I suspect this is his current problem as well.

Also no one mentioned in this thread that the easiest way to eliminate the maf is simply to unplug it, if the maf is the thing causing the fault the car will immediately have more power.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 19:28   #17
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblp View Post
I think the part you refer to is the "Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) modulator" it is located in the exact location you speak of and has two vacuum pipes and an electrical connection. Curious that this cured your low down power problem, maybe there is someone here with more knowledge that may be able to explain why.
Confused, where is there an electrical connection on the EGR. ?
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 19:44   #18
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
Confused, where is there an electrical connection on the EGR. ?
There isnt an electrical connector on the egr valve
Old 11th May 2011, 19:49   #19
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Good, then I did not by-pass the wrong component
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 20:04   #20
bramblp
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT

The electrical connection is on the EGR modulator which is located below the EGR, follow the vacuum hose from the EGR it is directly connected to the EGR modulator
bramblp is offline   Reply With Quote