Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th November 2009, 15:04   #71
Jezzer 1
I really should get out more.......

75 V8 Connoisseur SE Saloon: 75 V8 Contemporary SE Saloon and others!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranswood View Post
you know that does actually look nice. bargain.
Ah, but you've not smelt or paddled inside! It smelt like a cross between a public lavatory and a very damp cave
Old 20th November 2009, 18:07   #72
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

£500 ain't bad
I would have certainly had a bid around that figure as well
I having sold my CDT would have found that a perfect project car.

Only down side is it is a 2L poorer MPG than my V8 probably

Good luck with it
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 20:30   #73
Jezzer 1

Well, arranged a trailer and am picking up a donor car on Tuesday. Same colour - Old English white, 2.5V6 Club Automatic. I'm told every panel is as good as new but it's got a b------d engine (hole in block). That should give me the new bonnet and any other panels necessary to replace damaged ones on the 'S' Reg car. Once I've got that then I can pick up the 'S' reg - Warwick to Bluewater Kentfor the donor, to Burton on Trent, to Warrington for the 'S' reg, back to Burton on Trent, then back to Warwick! Can I do it in a day - watch this space!

There may be some bits available off the donor car in due course - all proceeds to fund the 'S' Reg restoration.

Am I mad? Is La-La land that far away?
Old 22nd November 2009, 20:35   #74
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCSmith1 View Post
Well, arranged a trailer and am picking up a donor car on Tuesday. Same colour - Old English white, 2.5V6 Club Automatic. I'm told every panel is as good as new but it's got a b------d engine (hole in block). That should give me the new bonnet and any other panels necessary to replace damaged ones on the 'S' Reg car. Once I've got that then I can pick up the 'S' reg - Warwick to Bluewater Kentfor the donor, to Burton on Trent, to Warrington for the 'S' reg, back to Burton on Trent, then back to Warwick! Can I do it in a day - watch this space!

There may be some bits available off the donor car in due course - all proceeds to fund the 'S' Reg restoration.

great best of luck if only i was closer would be willing to help!
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:33   #75
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Quote:
Ah, but you've not smelt or paddled inside! It smelt like a cross between a public lavatory and a very damp cave
I used to frequent a pub that smelt like that.

Seriously, she looks pretty tidy considering,good luck with the project. What sort of animal does that to the bonnet of a car though?
Old 24th November 2009, 22:34   #76
Jezzer 1

Quote:

Well, an update after my epic voyage!

Total mileage today 551 miles. Picked the trailer up at 8.15am (should have been 7.15am - I was there, trailer owner wasn't!) Onto the A46, M45,M1, M25, across the Dartford Bridge, show passport to get into deepest Kent and arrive to meet Simon who sold the donor car. A non-runner (with excellent panels and interior) so rolled it down a slope and onto trailer. Back through Dartford tunnel,M25,M1 etc, then on up the M42 and M6 toll to Austin Garages. Car unloaded, then spent 20 minutes with Nick trying to work out why the towbar electrics (fitted by main Puegeot dealer to new Expert van) aren't letting the trailer lights work. Loose connector block found after much cursing.

Onto A50, through Stoke, onto M6 to Warrington to collect S reg. Dark, wet, car won't start on arrival due to knackered battery. Jump start,l oad up in pub car park adjacent to owners house, then back onto M6, through Stoke, back to Austin Garages. Car won't start again due to knackered battery. Nick fits loan battery and starts car, which then cuts out as the trailer bed is tilted - doesn't like steep angles!

Eventually it's off, and there's a sense of deja-vu. Two Old English White Rover 75's parked bonnet to bonnet. Snap!

Cup of Rosie Lee from Nick's wife Jean, quick chat, then back onto A38, A446, M42, A45 and finally home amid a real gale on the last leg.

Anyway, the car is now safe. Nick's first reaction was it is 'on the cusp'.
If it was not saved now, then it wouldn't be too long before it was beyond saving. Hopefully it can be restored, but more details and photos to follow.

I'm off to bed - doubtless to dream of Rover 75's
Old 25th November 2009, 09:15   #77
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Well you have put the car into good hands there, Nick will sort it for you.
Old 25th November 2009, 17:46   #78
Telferstr
Posted a thing or two

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3. 1.5 Petrol 6 Speed Manual Gearbox. Great fan of the Mk1 75 which I had 3

Hi Jezzer,
Well done, you deserve a medal for that days work.
Now you may be able to 2 75's for the price of one. Must be a spare 2.5 V6 kicking about somewhere.
Great work and all success to you.
Regards,
Telfer.
Telferstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 06:48   #79
Jezzer 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telferstr View Post
Hi Jezzer,
Well done, you deserve a medal for that days work.
Now you may be able to 2 75's for the price of one. Must be a spare 2.5 V6 kicking about somewhere.
Great work and all success to you.
Regards,
Telfer.
You would think so, but the guy in Kent said he couldn't get an engine for love nor money down there. Will be a shame if it goes 'cos it's in good nick
Old 26th November 2009, 08:03   #80
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Contact Corin (aka Messenger) he has a V6 engine for sale at a very reasonable price.

See also here:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=49188
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote