Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th October 2009, 20:06   #11
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

If the ops car is a base model and does not have the anti trap sensor strip in the drivers door and the BCU fitted came from a car with anti trap then its behaviour is correct and the window will operate in inch home mode until new BCU is coded to the car.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 20:35   #12
castlework
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
Not sure why my names in the frame..........

I'm pretty sure all cars have anti trap, but I can't check as I'm at work.

Next step is to put the original BCU back and get the front windows working as they were originally.

The BCU will need coding to add the rear windows, and you'll need a different BCU to the one fitted originally....

Dave,
Having read some of your posts re anti-trap issues, I guess you are regarded as an expert on this (as many other topics), hence your name being "in the frame..."
The BCU is not yet coded to the car and is from a higher spec car than the one it is to be fitted to. If all cars have the anti trap fitted and the one-shot up is active on the "new" BCU it would suggest the anti trap sensor is either not connected or faulty would it not? Or is there some other reason the "inch up" mode is active on this BCU. If my car does not have an anti-trap sensor, or there is no connector on the door loom, would getting the one-shot up de-activated cure the problem?
When I decided to have a go at retro fitting electric rear windows I thought, in getting a BCU from a higher spec car, the only thing that would need coding would be the keys to operate remote locking.
Was that a bit naive of me? What else will need coding?

Martin
castlework is offline   Reply With Quote