Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th October 2009, 20:17   #1
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Default Semi ICE related what on earth is this lot?

I have been busy sorting out the to do list on the car.

Yesterday I changed a sticking front caliper and replaced all the brake fluid so now I have the brakes almost sorted.
Today I wanted to get all my BMW Nav bits swapped over from my 75 Diesel before I sell it.

I also fitted this

On the basis that once fitted I will not break down

When I was about to fit my 16:9 screen I found this lot

I am assuming the last one is a tracker it has a Sim and a stubby antenna but whats the speaker and the other box for? If it is a tracker I wonder how do I find out if it is operational I assume I would need to subscribe to a service with someone.
Does anyone have any experience with these things?

Or is the smartnav system and if so I thought there was a dashboard button somewhere.

Initially I thought the first two units might be part of a hand free kit till I realised it was linked to the the bigger box that was down the side of the centre console
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 22:25   #2
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Someone asked the same question in 2007.

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=35828
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 23:34   #3
jon75v6
Loves to post

mgzt-t

looking at your pics am i correct in assuming that your car is a 260 , if it is then i believe the link that KANDYMAN posted was also a blue 260, it seems weird that two people have found these in identical cars
Old 5th October 2009, 05:37   #4
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

The box with the hinged front and sim card is indeed smartnav, not sure what the micro art box is though? MGR did do their own tracking systems for the 260 so could be part of that? I think I have some info somewhere but never seen the kit itself. Strange there in no smartnav button, smartnav initself can be used to locate a vehicle but you would think that if MGR used a tracking system via smartnav they would give you the button as well?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 5th October 2009 at 05:44..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 10:23   #5
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandyman View Post
Someone asked the same question in 2007.

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=35828
Good memory thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon75v6 View Post
looking at your pics am i correct in assuming that your car is a 260 , if it is then i believe the link that KANDYMAN posted was also a blue 260, it seems weird that two people have found these in identical cars
Not the same cars though but I will get in touch with Alicat as he seems to be up to speed on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
The box with the hinged front and sim card is indeed smartnav, not sure what the micro art box is though? MGR did do their own tracking systems for the 260 so could be part of that? I think I have some info somewhere but never seen the kit itself. Strange there in no smartnav button, smartnav initself can be used to locate a vehicle but you would think that if MGR used a tracking system via smartnav they would give you the button as well?
Intriging isn't it!
This Mk1 260 has the kit fitted but my previous Black Mk2 260 didn't iirc
I have sent a mail to the Microart site
I wonder if it a custom interface to the Hi-Line system to do something simple like mute the audio?
I have another black wire to trace which I suspect might go to a microphone.
It does seem rather odd that there is nothing external to interact with it if it is smartnav and no obvious unused connectors tucked away that I could see

Last edited by Keith; 5th October 2009 at 10:27..
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 15:20   #6
petersrover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 1.8 Turbo Connoisseur manual

I once had a company car and this does seem to have the same setup, it was linked to its own mobile telephone set up. It kept a record of all journeys if you wanted the software to do thaqt but mainly it was needed for the leasing company to let you know when the car was needed for servicing. Hope this helps.
petersrover is offline   Reply With Quote