Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th September 2009, 15:13   #1
JP53
I really should get out more.......

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE saloon. 'Eliza'

Default Part 2, review 75 to Dunster

Once we had freshened up and unpacked our case we returned to our mini Limousine and headed for Blue Anchor a lovely village with a fantastic sandy stretch of beech. It is also home to 'The Smugglers Inn' a restaurant whose food can only be described as magnificent. They also have a conference room and a good size car park.
I can recommend the cheesy Garlic Pizza bread and the Lamb Shank!

The Beech, Smugglers Inn and me with 75/ZT club badge

We returned to our hotel after dark. The 75's dash looking fantastic with it's Sepia dials. The cabin is a very hushed place to be. The Dunlop SP Sport MAXX tyres making very little road noise, we crossed the level crossing with hardly a ripple felt and negotiated the twisting road with ease. Turning left onto the main road I pointed the 75's nose towards Dunster, our hotel and a good nights sleep.

Sunday dawned with the promise of a nice sunny day (it did not disappoint) so we decided to spend the day exploring Dunsters ancient streets. It,s fantastic to wander around this medieval village, you can almost here the wool merchants and traders of old. In the back ground is the whistle and noise of a GWR steam train as it heads out towards Blue Anchor bay and the lovely harbour of Wachet. The West Somerset Railway http://www.wsr.org.uk/ is fab and well worth a days visit. It runs between Bishops Lydeard and Mine head, passing through breath taking scenery, sandy beeches and incorporates some good climbs that make the engines work.
Pictures in part 3........................

"Eliza ... Where the devil are my slippers?"
JP53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 15:28   #2
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

read both parts,looks very nice..as does the car,and great pictures,well done
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 15:31   #3
Gman2
Posted a thing or two

ZTT+ 1.8T, mgf 1.8

Nice motor there JP. The 1.8 n/a is too often criticised but IMO is perfectley adequate for the R75 for average driving (not too convinced about the ZT mind?). Anyway how did you get on with sorting the tick over from a few weeks ago?
Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 16:14   #4
JP53
I really should get out more.......

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE saloon. 'Eliza'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
Nice motor there JP. The 1.8 n/a is too often criticised but IMO is perfectley adequate for the R75 for average driving (not too convinced about the ZT mind?). Anyway how did you get on with sorting the tick over from a few weeks ago?
Thanks both for the nice comments.

Tick over seems to be settling down now Gman2. I agree the 1.8 is quite adequate, certainly for me, I' like to waft rather than race to a destination. Must be an age thing.

"Eliza ... Where the devil are my slippers?"
JP53 is offline   Reply With Quote