Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2009, 19:19   #31
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

You can't go wrong with one of these R75's. You are doing the right thing doing the research. Nothing better than an informed decision. All the help you need is here or the other place.

I have had mine for 6 years and plan on keeping her for a few more. I have got a picture but I don't seem to be able to post it in this forum.

Edd
Old 25th May 2009, 20:15   #32
Simon
Banned

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Edd View Post
I have got a picture but I don't seem to be able to post it in this forum.
If anyone, like yourself, are having trouble posting pictures then you might like to read here http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=5899
Old 26th May 2009, 06:41   #33
JP53
I really should get out more.......

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE saloon. 'Eliza'

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekosb View Post
I just wanted to make a small correction to John's list above. As far as I know the Wooden steering wheel was always an optional extra, even on the Connie SE. My 2004 late Mk1 is a Connie SE and does not have the wooden wheel (more's the pity as I would love one!).

Mine is also missing the rear blind but I am not sure if that is a project drive issue or whether it is because I have the optional sports interior??

I would recommend the diesel 75, but I am biased!

Derek

Derek
You are probably right Derek, mine is a 53 plate 04 and it's got the rear blind so it is not down to project drive. I can't ind a mention of wooden wheel in the sales brochure.

The other standard extras on the SE were 6 disc CD auto changer, separate rear tweeters, drivers seat memory and on the tourer 'integral load restraint net cassette system'.

"Eliza ... Where the devil are my slippers?"
Old 26th May 2009, 08:42   #34
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP53 View Post
You are probably right Derek, mine is a 53 plate 04 and it's got the rear blind so it is not down to project drive. I can't ind a mention of wooden wheel in the sales brochure.

The other standard extras on the SE were 6 disc CD auto changer, separate rear tweeters, drivers seat memory and on the tourer 'integral load restraint net cassette system'.
Hi John.

I have a price list from 2004 for the facelift cars (attached as a PDF) which shows the light oak wheel was standard on Facelift Conn SE's. I am not sure about the Mk1 Conn SE although as I stated earlier as far as I understood it was an optional extra.

The price list I have shows a cost of £225!!

Check for the 6 disc changer (have it) and the memory driver's seat (have that). I'll need to check for the rear tweeters but I don't think I have them??

Derek
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rover 75 Jan 2004 Price List.pdf (643.7 KB, 11 views)

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
Old 26th May 2009, 09:31   #35
JP53

Quote:
Hi John.

I have a price list from 2004 for the facelift cars (attached as a PDF) which shows the light oak wheel was standard on Facelift Conn SE's. I am not sure about the Mk1 Conn SE although as I stated earlier as far as I understood it was an optional extra.

Check for the 6 disc changer (have it) and the memory driver's seat (have that). I'll need to check for the rear tweeters but I don't think I have them??

Derek
Hi Derek, they were standard on face lift Conn SE. The steering wheel on mine is like this and was part of the personal line Neptune Blue option

The rear tweeters come with the Symphony audio system, mime has the stereo in the photo but I think it's got the tweeters......

Old 26th May 2009, 09:42   #36
derekosb

Kia SOUL EV

Quote:
Hi Derek, they were standard on face lift Conn SE.
Hi John. Yes, that is my understanding now, always an option on the Mk1, became standard on facelift Conn SE.:lol:

Quote:
The rear tweeters come with the Symphony audio system, mime has the stereo in the photo but I think it's got the tweeters......
I have the same stereo as you so will have a look later for the rear tweeters you mention. Mind you, if they are on the rear parcel shelf I don't think I have them!?

Oh and I notice you don't have cruise control yet your's is an SE. Is that a 1.8 thing?

Derek

Old 26th May 2009, 19:15   #37
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Hi John.

Derek

As so many have questions about the different specs of the cars, wouldn´t it be a good idea to have a -libery- of all the literature that came out regarding the different models and options. I´ve got a facelift 05 tourer with SE spec and when MG Rover finished trading I was down to the dealer in Tamworth and got quite a bit of literature. I´ve got a good scanner and could scan the lot and we could all contribute to a sticky with what we have to make it a complete 1999-2005 list. We could even -donate- the scans to the club so that anyone who wanted a readout could pay a nominal sum to the club for that.

Trying to make info more accessable (sorry about spelling) to the members and drum up som cash for the club. Comments?:lol: or. Alan
Old 26th May 2009, 21:43   #38
shrimper 1
Passed Away

2003 rover 75 cdti con se saloon

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post
i have been shopping about for a new car, the wife n i like the 75 and have looked at a few, we arenew to rover and currently own a vx omega cdx 2.5 v6.

we have narrowed our choice down to an 02 plate 75 with full service history and only 60.000+ miles
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www...00921334955071

really nice car.

or they have a 2.0 litre diesle version on a w plate with part history also in good condition. which do you all think would be a better buy.
any thing i should check for on both before i buy, your opinions would be great thanx
You are planning the exact change I made 1 and a half years ago, I went for the 2.0ltr diesel bmw 135bhp engined connie se on an 03 plate, this has much the same spec as the omega cdx 2.5ltr with three great plus pionts, insurance and road fund is a lot cheaper, and you get around 45 to the gallon, with very little power loss(I think my 75 has more pulling power), not to mention the biggest plus of all I absolutly love the car.
Old 27th May 2009, 08:10   #39
JP53

Quote:
Hi John. Yes, that is my understanding now, always an option on the Mk1, became standard on facelift Conn SE.:lol:

I have the same stereo as you so will have a look later for the rear tweeters you mention. Mind you, if they are on the rear parcel shelf I don't think I have them!?

Oh and I notice you don't have cruise control yet your's is an SE. Is that a 1.8 thing?

Derek
It's a 1.8 thing

Old 27th May 2009, 08:40   #40
derekosb

Kia SOUL EV

Morning John.

Thought it must be?

I think I have the rear tweeters!!:lol:

Photo added:

If I am right they are on the rear doors at the top!! Yay, I have had the car for nearly 10 months now and I can still find new things!

Thanks for that one John.

Derek

Last edited by derekosb; 27th May 2009 at 09:35.. Reason: Added photo
Closed Thread