Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd September 2019, 21:45   #11
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post

The software loaded as soon as I installed the device into the phone for the first time.
AH! Yes, I have a dashcam that automatically loads the software onto the android device that you plug it into, great idea.

Your link to the endoscope that is WIFI, that's a bonus, no need for OTG connection.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2019, 23:21   #12
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I have one like this, purchased from China and was here in about 10 days, the gadgets that came with it are useful and helped me to retrieve a cable from inside the A post of a classic car.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Andro...xjKBxqVMQfWMHA

The software loaded as soon as I installed the device into the phone for the first time.
Aarghh, I ordered a cabled one earlier. Drat!
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2019, 23:14   #13
Dallas
This is my second home

Here you go Simon, some fuzzy photos.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...75&postcount=1
Old 10th September 2019, 18:50   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Can anyone recommend an LED endoscope that actually works with an Android phone? Also, which software did you use it with?

I'm thinking of something like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7mm-Water...YAAOSwzAVbcqfl

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SK65N...l_huc_continue

I don't have a laptop and the PC is a bit tricky to take down to the car (and vice versa!) so it's phone only.
will the ebay one work with a lap top running windows 7 or later?
The description says "It support for iOS, for Android, for Windows system devices"

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 11:07   #15
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
will the ebay one work with a lap top running windows 7 or later?
The description says "It support for iOS, for Android, for Windows system devices"

macafee2
The eBay one I got works with Windows 7 on a PC so it should do the same on a Win 7 laptop. The mini disc that came with it contains PC software and Android phone software. The PC software is called ViewPlayCap 3.0 by Ezon Electronics. I don't know if there's better software for it elsewhere - I don't seem to be able to get pics as good as Dallas's. I haven't tried it on the sill yet so I'm basing judgement on putting the camera inside a desk drawer.
Old 11th September 2019, 20:23   #16
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
The eBay one I got works with Windows 7 on a PC so it should do the same on a Win 7 laptop. The mini disc that came with it contains PC software and Android phone software. The PC software is called ViewPlayCap 3.0 by Ezon Electronics. I don't know if there's better software for it elsewhere - I don't seem to be able to get pics as good as Dallas's. I haven't tried it on the sill yet so I'm basing judgement on putting the camera inside a desk drawer.
If yours is the same as mine, you should have a little job wheel which adjusts the 6 LEDs (brighter/darker), this is located alongside the capture button on the small housing along the cable near the camera end.

You can also set the camera resolution using the ViewPlayCap software, I think its the 'Snapshot' or 'Capture' tab along the menu bar.

You also have to keep the endoscope extremely still while you take the photo, the images blur very easy. I've had my endoscope for at least two years now, but have never used it until l I saw your post; I may just get myself a super-dooper high resolution model.
Old 13th September 2019, 11:17   #17
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for the info - I'll have another go with it when I've finished painting parts.

I looked at some super-dooper models the other day (handheld screen type) - but I managed to resist. Let's see if you can resist too - https://www.toolstop.co.uk/accessori...ection-cameras. This is the one you really, really want isn't it? https://www.toolstop.co.uk/ridgid-55...-camera-p78701
Old 14th September 2019, 17:49   #18
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I ordered the Ebay one.
A word of warning, having loaded the software from the CD it has activated the camera on my laptop. I have seen somewhere that hackers have activated such cameras.
The instructions are unclear as it advises me to go to web site to install software yet the product comes with a cd that has software. This loaded first time on to my laptop.
The picture is a bit grainy but it is a £7.99 product and that price includes postage and so for that money, it is very good.
It comes with a screw on mirror so if your camera is horizontal you can still see in a 360 degree circle , not all at the same time, you will need to rotate the camera.
Also comes with a hook and magnet but it is weak.
Looking forward to using it. I think a thin rod is required to tape the camera to if your hand is a long way from the camera as the cable will droop

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2019, 21:12   #19
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I ordered the Ebay one.
A word of warning, having loaded the software from the CD it has activated the camera on my laptop. I have seen somewhere that hackers have activated such cameras.
The instructions are unclear as it advises me to go to web site to install software yet the product comes with a cd that has software. This loaded first time on to my laptop.
The picture is a bit grainy but it is a £7.99 product and that price includes postage and so for that money, it is very good.
It comes with a screw on mirror so if your camera is horizontal you can still see in a 360 degree circle , not all at the same time, you will need to rotate the camera.
Also comes with a hook and magnet but it is weak.
Looking forward to using it. I think a thin rod is required to tape the camera to if your hand is a long way from the camera as the cable will droop

macafee2
Ian, You haven't been hacked, its just the software will default to your device camera (your inbuilt webcam). You just need to select the endoscope camera in the drop-down settings on the top menu bar.
Old 15th September 2019, 11:09   #20
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

I haven't tried mine in the sills yet Ian - I'm waiting for the wax to dry, otherwise it'll bung up the lens. I don't hold out much hope anyway, given the poor results on my PC monitor ,and my phone's LCD screen is awful at the best of times.

Have you tried loading the CD's phone software and using the camera with your phone?