Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd September 2019, 16:03   #691
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Yes can be done but as I have discovered if you disconect the battery it reverts to MPH.
Thanks for the heads up but thats not so much of a problem, will download an app and see how accurate that is. Trying to convert from mph to kph is a nightmare.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2019, 19:12   #692
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Didn't Phil T4's lil program add the digital speedo in kph ?? Can't remember :duh
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2019, 20:17   #693
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Didn't Phil T4's lil program add the digital speedo in kph ?? Can't remember :duh
Not really a problem, tend to use the sat nav rather than the speedometer anyhow as it is more accurate. Have downloaded an app on the phone and will see how it stacks up.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2019, 20:48   #694
Eric Druyts
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Cdti Connoisseur SE

Default about insurance

Hi all...; In the meantime, 3 months ago, I did send to Ian a box, filled with European Accident Statements. For each of you, there is one in english, one in french, and one in dutch translation. Each form is excactly the same, meaning that all text is translated exactly in the same place as on the other statement forms.
Additionally, I have included a letter of "how to use it".
You will all receive these forms from Ian.
Eric
Belgium
Eric Druyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2019, 21:06   #695
Eric Druyts
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Cdti Connoisseur SE

Default about restaurant arriving at Ghent on Frriday 20th Sept.

Hi all,

The stop I first had in mind, is not good. It is restaurant, before you arrive at Gent.(on the E40 from Ostend to Gent and then Brussels)It is Ia Burger King. So not advisable. So don't go there. It's nasty food.
The next one, is a stop between way out number 11 (=Beervelde) and wayout number 12 (=Lokeren) of the E17. Coming from Ostend, you are driving on the E40. When you arrive à Gent, you have to switch to the E17 direction Antwerpen.
Having done that, after 15 minutes, you will arrive at stop "KALKEN". It is between way out number 11 and wayout number 12.
I had confirmation today that there will be 32 eating places reserved in the restaurant. You will arrive between 13 h and 14 h. The managment, as well as me, will be waiting for you.
For going to the toilets, (ps EVERYWHERE IN BELGIUM) you need euro coins. You have to put in 0,70 cents into the machine, and then you get allowance to the toilets. BUT you get a voucher for it. You give that voucher where you pay your dinner at the self service, and it will be deducted from the total prise .So for a couple, that means although 1.4 euro of profit.
The restaurant is called "Lunch Garden". You can get a hot meal at very low price, and this for excellent quality food. I advise to do this, as buying a sandwich is even at a comparable price, but then you have "less" for the same money. there is a quiet big variety of hot food available. Even MUSSELS & FRIES FOR 14 euro. Other dishes are also approximately at 10 till 20 euro. There is also soup and dessert, if you like.
There are a lot of parking places, but reservating for our group in one and only area was not possible. (not allowed as all are strictly "public")
Eric
Belgium
Eric Druyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2019, 21:43   #696
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Druyts View Post
Hi all,

The stop I first had in mind, is not good. It is restaurant, before you arrive at Gent.(on the E40 from Ostend to Gent and then Brussels)It is Ia Burger King. So not advisable. So don't go there. It's nasty food.
The next one, is a stop between way out number 11 (=Beervelde) and wayout number 12 (=Lokeren) of the E17. Coming from Ostend, you are driving on the E40. When you arrive à Gent, you have to switch to the E17 direction Antwerpen.
Having done that, after 15 minutes, you will arrive at stop "KALKEN". It is between way out number 11 and wayout number 12.
I had confirmation today that there will be 32 eating places reserved in the restaurant. You will arrive between 13 h and 14 h. The managment, as well as me, will be waiting for you.
For going to the toilets, (ps EVERYWHERE IN BELGIUM) you need euro coins. You have to put in 0,70 cents into the machine, and then you get allowance to the toilets. BUT you get a voucher for it. You give that voucher where you pay your dinner at the self service, and it will be deducted from the total prise .So for a couple, that means although 1.4 euro of profit.
The restaurant is called "Lunch Garden". You can get a hot meal at very low price, and this for excellent quality food. I advise to do this, as buying a sandwich is even at a comparable price, but then you have "less" for the same money. there is a quiet big variety of hot food available. Even MUSSELS & FRIES FOR 14 euro. Other dishes are also approximately at 10 till 20 euro. There is also soup and dessert, if you like.
There are a lot of parking places, but reservating for our group in one and only area was not possible. (not allowed as all are strictly "public")
Eric
Belgium
Thank you Eric it is very kind to do this for us.
Mussels and Fries mmmmmmm!

Last edited by Ian G; 3rd September 2019 at 08:50.. Reason: Maps moved to seperate post
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2019, 22:38   #697
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Druyts View Post
Hi all,

Eric
Belgium
Many thanks from Jan & I too Eric,sounds good to us,Take care until we see you soon.

Kind Regards.....John & Jan.
Old 3rd September 2019, 07:55   #698
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Yep! Many thanks from us too Eric, Dawn and Julien, (Rev Jules), our journey to your country will be even more enjoyable meeting up with you all.

Rev Jules.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2019, 08:52   #699
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Thought I'd post map links seperately
Map part 1 Calais to Lunch stop https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Aven...d51.070003!3e0 approx mid way on our journey to the hotel..
Map part 2 Lunch stop to Hotel
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tota...d51.647993!3e0
Map part 3..Hotel to Classic Park Boxtel
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/De+R...51.5921004!3e0
Old 3rd September 2019, 08:59   #700
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Thought I'd post map links seperately
Map part 1 Calais to Lunch stop https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Aven...d51.070003!3e0 approx mid way on our journey to the hotel..
Map part 2 Lunch stop to Hotel
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tota...d51.647993!3e0
Map part 3..Hotel to Classic Park Boxtel
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/De+R...51.5921004!3e0
total km 317 from Calais to hotel= 196 miles.