Notices

Old 28th June 2019, 12:48   #147121
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thanks Ian for your good wishes. If you ever decided to live in East Africa, the roles are reversed, it is the woman who is subservient, not the man. Its a case of "He who must be obeyed"

I've given over arguing with her because I never win, it's easier to go with the flow

Quote:
Good afternoon Richard. 05:15 is an early start and a long day for you. Next Friday, my flight leaves Nairobi at 08:30 on KLM and it arrives in London at 17:30 via Amsterdam. For the drive to Nairobi Airport, I will have to leave by 04:30. Once I am on the flight, I can relax and watch a movie. Are you okay with flying? some people hate flying and some love it.

That's something I've never done never been on an aeroplane in my life, never had a passport for that matter either.
I cant see that changing any time soon now.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 14:18   #147122
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
That's something I've never done never been on an aeroplane in my life, never had a passport for that matter either.
I cant see that changing any time soon now.
I find flying incredibly boring, especially long haul. Hours with your ass welded to a seat eating plastic food in plastic containers, yer bumhole heals up! I can't sleep on a plane, doze but not sleep apart from one flight back from the Philippines. The in flight film was "Mr Holland's Opus", Richard Dreyfuss as a musician who becomes a high school music teacher, what a cure for insomnia that was . . . . and still is!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 14:37   #147123
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Used to fly all over the world with work. Sounds glamorous but after a couple of journeys believe me it was incredibly tedious and boring. Don't miss it one bit. Would much rather pop in the car and tootle off to Norfolk for a week away there.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 16:08   #147124
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I love flying, I have a mortal fear of taking off though! That climb away from the airport scares me!
Old 28th June 2019, 16:24   #147125
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

And once again the neighbours dog has turned up at our house, getting seriously peed off with them now as the poor thing has had to walk down the main Rd tobget to us, why can’t some folk look after their pets 👹
Old 28th June 2019, 16:33   #147126
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Is it not being fed or something? Or just needs a bit of attention? Dogs usually stay where they are happy

On a happier note - I’m sitting in my garden under the sun shade with the first beer of the weekend next to me and my dogs pleased as normal at my return but too hot to have our normal “romp”.

Then as I’m drinking - a Humming Bird Moth wizzes in and out and around us then disappears. Haven’t seen one of these for a few years. They are probably escaping the extreme heat in France.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 16:39   #147127
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
And once again the neighbours dog has turned up at our house, getting seriously peed off with them now as the poor thing has had to walk down the main Rd tobget to us, why can’t some folk look after their pets ��
You know how dogs are attracted by other dogs looking to mate, I wonder if that is it?

Talking of aroma, I took this photo a few years ago at Nairobi Airport waiting for clearance to fly in a Dreamliner. I was sitting in economy and someone had smelly feet, kept on dropping stinkers. The aroma was most unpleasant.

Andy would you have complained about the stench? or breathed it in and said nowt? It was a full flight and no one could change their seat

Boeing 787 economy by philip Gate Keeper, on Flickr
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 17:26   #147128
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Talking of aroma, I took this photo a few years ago at Nairobi Airport waiting for clearance to fly in a Dreamliner. I was sitting in economy and someone had smelly feet, kept on dropping stinkers. The aroma was most unpleasant.
Should have asked a Flight Attendant to open a window!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 17:45   #147129
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Good afternoon Richard. 05:15 is an early start and a long day for you. Next Friday, my flight leaves Nairobi at 08:30 on KLM and it arrives in London at 17:30 via Amsterdam. For the drive to Nairobi Airport, I will have to leave by 04:30. Once I am on the flight, I can relax and watch a movie. Are you okay with flying? some people hate flying and some love it.
Only done it 3 times Phil, Corfu once, mainland Spain once and Majorca once. Doesn’t bother me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Afternoon all, warm but overcast here in Suffolk at the moment, weekend forecast is for much hotness though.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
That’s the most exciting part of the trip, the take off and landing, the bit in between is boring.
Old 28th June 2019, 18:10   #147130
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Evening all - looks like the forecast for this weekend is going to be accurate. It's slowly got brighter, clearer and warmer during the course of the day - although there's still a cooling breeze blowing.
We had fish 'n'chips for lunch in Skegness, followed by a wander around the town and the seashore. To be honest, the town is very much about younger children, with amusements, rides and fast food outlets galore. Not a lot for us old fogies - but I was impressed by the fact that the local council manage to keep the town pretty tidy and clean. Got back to the caravan site just in time for the visit from the local ice-cream van, so we bought a litre carton - and have just demolished around half of that, spread over some local strawberries; an excellent 'pudding' to follow a couple of sausage sandwiches

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote