Notices

Old 28th June 2019, 09:31   #147111
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Rod, we have enjoyed looking at the photos of your holiday, the Honda and the caravan. My car tax for the Rover is £265 due with the MOT in October, so your quids in and buying the first round
Cider is on me
I've been slurping a drop of African cider this past week - Savanna Dry. To quote the brewer's website - "Savanna Dry is naturally brewed and matured and is made from Granny Smith apples grown in the Elgin area in the Western Cape. It has an alcohol content of 5.5%"
We're aiming to go to Tattershall Castle tomorrow, a National Trust property fairly close by. They're hosting a "medieval falconry display" - which should be an interesting day out in view of the weather forecast for sun and heat

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 09:47   #147112
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Cider is on me
I've been slurping a drop of African cider this past week - Savanna Dry. To quote the brewer's website - "Savanna Dry is naturally brewed and matured and is made from Granny Smith apples grown in the Elgin area in the Western Cape. It has an alcohol content of 5.5%"
We're aiming to go to Tattershall Castle tomorrow, a National Trust property fairly close by. They're hosting a "medieval falconry display" - which should be an interesting day out in view of the weather forecast for sun and heat
Fantastic news. Rod we have been to Elgin as it’s not far from the family farm and vineyard. I will see if I have any photos I took in Elgin. We went there for apples and buying Roses for our flower beds. 3 nights ago, I drank my first glass of red wine in 6 months - we had visitors. Last night I had my 2nd glass of red at a birthday celebration and it went down rather well. Have a wonderful day out at Tattershall and take lots of photos of the birds of prey
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 10:36   #147113
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Ian, it won’t do you any harm to rest up during this hot spell and after doing manual labour lifting and moving the big stones. Chatsworth House is an impressive and historic building on my list to do. A week today, I fly to the UK for the summer. I am hoping the Rover 75 is going to be ready for my trip.
It’s having another engine put in. Everything must be working including the A/C and entertainment system. Maybe I will get a few more years usage before selling it or moving it on.

Blimey Phil the belt job has now turned into having another engine!, I hope it works out OK ready for your return to the UK.

There are a stack of those carpet squares in the hall for my "Mancave" bedroom, Now the wardrobes are in there and the new curtains / roller blind are up the kamp kommandant said the bare floorboards look manky now .......It never ends wi these wimmin so they will be getting laid down when my backs up to bending.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 11:36   #147114
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Afternoon all, it’s lovely out today, off for rest of the day,as been on an ea4ly shift this morning. Started at 05.15, had a couple of local jobs to do with the coach.
Old 28th June 2019, 11:44   #147115
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Blimey Phil the belt job has now turned into having another engine!, I hope it works out OK ready for your return to the UK.

There are a stack of those carpet squares in the hall for my "Mancave" bedroom, Now the wardrobes are in there and the new curtains / roller blind are up the kamp kommandant said the bare floorboards look manky now .......It never ends wi these wimmin so they will be getting laid down when my backs up to bending.
Thanks Ian for your good wishes. If you ever decided to live in East Africa, the roles are reversed, it is the woman who is subservient, not the man. Its a case of "He who must be obeyed"
Old 28th June 2019, 11:54   #147116
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Afternoon all, it’s lovely out today, off for rest of the day,as been on an ea4ly shift this morning. Started at 05.15, had a couple of local jobs to do with the coach.
Good afternoon Richard. 05:15 is an early start and a long day for you. Next Friday, my flight leaves Nairobi at 08:30 on KLM and it arrives in London at 17:30 via Amsterdam. For the drive to Nairobi Airport, I will have to leave by 04:30. Once I am on the flight, I can relax and watch a movie. Are you okay with flying? some people hate flying and some love it.
Old 28th June 2019, 12:06   #147117
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I have been there in the past as a school boy on a school trip in 1962
You'll qualify for the frequent visitor discount!

Went to water the garden this morning, pulled the trigger on the spray "gun" and it self destructed Had to use another that was lying in the garage but it sprays just about as much water from every joint as it does from the nozzle. Trip to B&Q on the cards by the look of it or might just walk up the road to the local garden centre, about a mile away.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 12:11   #147118
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Afternoon all, warm but overcast here in Suffolk at the moment, weekend forecast is for much hotness though.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
Old 28th June 2019, 12:46   #147119
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Hiya Andy, whats up?

I am just going for a walk in the forest with Jessica. One of our Labradors was eaten by a Leopard and late afternoon is the time it seems to come. Since the dog was taken, I am nervous about Jessica going into the forest on her own. I will take my camera and monopod stick in case it shows itself
Old 28th June 2019, 12:46   #147120
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Afternoon all, warm but overcast here in Suffolk at the moment, weekend forecast is for much hotness though.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Typically i'm day off today but at least got air con at work for over the weekend

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote