Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th October 2014, 10:49   #691
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Well the event is over and Scotland remains a member of the union whether they get maxi devo remains to be seen. It should not be given to the disadvantage of England and its people.

Many on this forum have complained loudly about parliament and its members and feel not voting shows their protests, on one occasion in our history government was overturned and a truer parliamentary system was introduced at the cost of many lives and the destruction of many families, I am not advocating revolution, but if you want change do something to make it happen not rely on someone else to do it for you.

If the Scottish Parliament is unhappy regarding any future settlement of power and funding, the option to vote for independence remains an option to them and their people.
As to future governance in England this will need serious consideration and possible changes in regional structures, I do not envy those tasked with finding a workable model.
The world is constantly changing and if we wish to remain a healthy and viable nation we need to embrace and educate our children to a level which allows them to compete on a level playing field.
Just as a parting thought the best government we ever had was a coalition of all three parties in a period of time when everything we treasured and valued was under the greatest threat we ever faced, maybe there is something to be learned from our past after all
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 10:56   #692
doopydug
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
It should not be given to the disadvantage of England and its people.
...or to Wales and NI, for that matter ?
doopydug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 10:59   #693
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopydug View Post
...or to Wales and NI, for that matter ?
Well spotted.....
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 11:27   #694
Woof25
Passed Away

Well I understand your points, but Scotland has appeared to benefit most from the Barnett formula, lord Barnett has said publicly it was never intended to be a long time solution,it should be scrapped and new arrangement made.
As to Wales and Northern Ireland I am sue they will be involved in any new arrangements on a fair basis.
Some may argue that its time for Ireland to be whole again and given its increasing republican numbers maybe a referendum might be called for there too, but I couldn't possibly comment on that.
England may have done things in its past to the other nations which were cruel and unjust, but it can't be expected to be the villain forever and keep paying danegeld.
A fair and equitable solution needs to be found it may not offer all that any of the nation would wish for, but that is the nature of a compromise.

I will be listening carefully to what then parties have to say prior to the next election before deciding who get my vote it won't be ukip or any other nationalistic group promising to solve all ills by sweep of the pen and banishment of any who do not fit the criteria.
Democracy has hard won and deserves to be treasured vote in all elections or be a sheeples as a wag recently stated in response to a earlier post of mine.
Old 10th October 2014, 11:43   #695
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistonbroke666 View Post

I hear membership of the militant wing of the Salvation Army is up 100% after I decided to form and join it hehe.
Their brave commandos can be seen defusing Guinness Bottles
every Friday and Saturday night.

An old Mike Harding routine I think
neilb740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 17:55   #696
Woof25
Passed Away

Ive been wondering how we would have incorparated the welsh dragon in the new flag had scotland departed the company, oh well now we will never know unless they decide to try again in a few years