Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th July 2012, 20:53   #101
tomcat22
Avid contributor

some MG-Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Monk View Post
Incidently a programmed EEPROM that contains car specifics on the aux SA, vin, and mileage but no ZCS codes, i.e. 00000000000 causes mayhem!
Meanwhile I ordered a serial programmer to change the byte at location 5Ch to 54.

But being nosy I dont get the difference. I thought a new blank EEprom only contains zeros?! So how to get the new EEprom to work with the IPK?
tomcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 21:53   #102
The_Monk
I really should get out more.......

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat22 View Post
Meanwhile I ordered a serial programmer to change the byte at location 5Ch to 54.

But being nosy I dont get the difference. I thought a new blank EEprom only contains zeros?! So how to get the new EEprom to work with the IPK?
If its programmed to a new state the T4 program's the data in. A totally blank EEPROM won't work and the IPK usually states mileage of around 600k and chucks up various messages. Do you have phils bin files? The files have the data in to tell the T4 the IPK is new and accept new programming.
The_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 07:44   #103
tomcat22
Avid contributor

some MG-Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Monk View Post
If its programmed to a new state the T4 program's the data in. A totally blank EEPROM won't work and the IPK usually states mileage of around 600k and chucks up various messages. Do you have phils bin files? The files have the data in to tell the T4 the IPK is new and accept new programming.
Ok. I am a hardware engineer, so software issues are very new to me. First time the empty EEprom resulted 323k on the odometer, after next start 999k999. Nevermind, will try Phils file, but dont know where it is hidden
Old 12th July 2012, 12:06   #104
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Good heavens

You chaps have progressed things nicely since the beginning of this thread.
Some of my earlier T4 comments on the forum are probably a bit out of date now but I hope the info and screen dumps I provided have been useful.

At the time I was pretty much doing a one man band and getting anyone to share info especially on ZCS calcs and how to apply them to the car was near impossible to obtain.

Actually that's not strictly true, plenty of people offered to sell me spreadsheet for £2-300 to do the ZCS stuff but that not the spirit in which I worked I was happy to share all my knowledge for free.

I still don't know how to do it but glad it is no longer the 'secret' it once was.

Last edited by Keith; 12th July 2012 at 12:10..
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 12:12   #105
The_Monk
I really should get out more.......

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Good heavens

You chaps have progressed things nicely since the beginning of this thread.
Some of my earlier T4 comments on the forum are probably a bit out of date now but I hope the info and screen dumps I provided have been useful.

At the time I was pretty much doing a one man band and getting anyone to share info especially on ZCS calcs and how to apply them to the car was near impossible to obtain.

Actually that's not strictly true, plenty of people offered to sell me spreadsheet for £2-300 to do the ZCS stuff but that not the spirit in which I worked I was happy to share all my knowledge for free.

I still don't know how to do it but glad it is no longer the 'secret' it once was.
Keith if you look on the community site I uploaded the calculations there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat22 View Post
Ok. I am a hardware engineer, so software issues are very new to me. First time the empty EEprom resulted 323k on the odometer, after next start 999k999. Nevermind, will try Phils file, but dont know where it is hidden
Have a search under philt4 they are here :-)

Last edited by The_Monk; 12th July 2012 at 12:15..
The_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 19:39   #106
tomcat22
Avid contributor

some MG-Rovers

Brian helped me out, file is here now, the pickit programmer will be there tomorrow, just still need to find out the wiring for the ICSP.

Could have bougt a new IPK and use the T4, but wanna learn something
Old 16th July 2012, 18:56   #107
tomcat22
Avid contributor

some MG-Rovers

Meanwhile I was successful programming the virgin dump of a YAC003850 to an EEprom (many thanks to Brian!), odometer says 000000 miles, but the trip computer display is still dark. Will try to reconfigure when the kids are sleeping, but thought the MC would work instantly...

Last edited by tomcat22; 16th July 2012 at 19:01..
Old 16th July 2012, 21:46   #108
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Silly question Tom, you do have the indicator stalk switch with the computer button fitted?
Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 21:58   #109
tomcat22
Avid contributor

some MG-Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Silly question Tom, you do have the indicator stalk switch with the computer button fitted?
Brian

But yes, it is there! And when opening the door the MC should show it even without touching the stalk switch button

Reconfig the ECUs with ZCS didnt help, the Testbook complains the IPK being too new or something (error 04).

Alternatively I tried to read out the original EEprom, but all I get is FFF7 in all registers.
Old 16th July 2012, 22:05   #110
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Tom the lowline IPK eeprom cannot be read in circuit.
The reason T4 is complaining is the IPK eeprom dump is from a 2005 manufactured IPK.
What disc are you using on your T4 DST0006V is the latest (and last) revision
Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote